ad

Buying and selling property

B

Bobby0718

Hi All, Im hoping somebody could help me. New to the forum so hear goes.

We have an offer accepted on our property (flat leasehold) our buyers have had there survey and recieved there formal mortgage offer. They have instructed there solicotr and ours has there details now, they have today sent over the draft contracts. Our solictor has requested the infoirmation packs from the managment company today and paid the fee. Our buyers are Buy to Let so they have nothing to sell.

The house we are buying is currently empty, this is being sold by a family member (ut was there mothers house and she sadly passed away). So we have no chain really. We have had our survey completed on this property and have also recieved our formal mortgage offer.

Bascially im trying to find out how long this could take to completition, when speaking with my solictor yesterday i said it wiuld be nice if we could complete by the end of april. She advised me that this would take 12-16 weeks to complete. I didnt explain that our buyers are buy to let and the house we are buying is empty so perhaps she was under the impression that we were in a chain.

Any advice / comments welcomed.

Thank you
Bobby