ad

Buying a property in cash and remortgaging as an expat

A

angelcris

Hi everyone,

I am a non-resident and a non-citizen looking on to investing on a property in UK. So I was wondering that if I pay cash 100% and I remortgage the property, there's a 6 months cooling period right?

1. So I would like to know if it is true that you cannot use the money from remortgaging and cannot be taken as cash?

2. In this case you can only use the money in investing to another property?
Does that mean if I pay 100% in cash then remortgage a property, I'll have the 75% back which then has to be used to invest on 3 different properties given that 25% equity is required?

3. Is there a workaround with me having the cash from remortgaging so I can invest the money somewhere else?

Would really appreciate your inputs and suggestion on this one.

Thank you so much!

O

Ollie Creevy

Following on this. Would like also to read insights from others.

Z

zivakrealtygroup

Yes, you can go for re-mortgaging the property if you work abroad, but the in such case, lender will often require that someone is living in the property – it can be your family member, tenants or else you would be moving into that property soon.

M

MechJony

With this question you better consult a lawyer, it`s important to know this side of the issue, cause the cost of mortgage is directly dependent on the refinancing rate determined by the bank of England. My brother invested in real estate in Mexico. There everything is much cheaper, including: food, utilities, and, in fact, real estate itself. All of this is what keeps the demand for Mexican real estate high, even during a pandemic. You can also visit site. In addition, the real estate market as in Britain has a high level of stability. Over the past 10 years, its prices have remained virtually unchanged. So, I advise to consider not only the Albion.

B

BolyySwtroog1

Hello everyone, thank you for the information, I came to this forum to solve my problems