Buying a piece of land

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

saul

Hello all,
I have an opportunity to buy a small piece of land adjoining my property as the elderly gentleman who owns it at present cant manage the upkeep , it is basically a vegetable garden, Our house is in the south of the Indre dept 36 about 10 kms from La Chatre, does anyone on the forum have any idea about what is a reasonable price for land , I guess the plot is about 5 to 600 sq metres ?? I haven?t got a clue what to offer as I don?t want to insult him, but by the same token I don?t want to pay over the going rate !
Thanks

D

drew

Hi Saul,
Depends whether it is agricultural land, land which could be built on, "just" garden attached to his house... make an appointment and go speak with your local Notaire. Depending on what the bit of land is designated (and you may want to speak to the Mairie first to try and establish that) there's probably a "rule of thumb" price which the Notaire will know. Then offer a bit less.
Thanks a lots

10cents

10cents

YOu can check with the local assessors office or registry of deeds or a similar office, they usually have an idea about prevailing market prices for land. You can also read on the classified sections of local newspapers for ads selling properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.