Buyers messagegroup Ocean Breeze/Sungate in Sahl Hasheesh

S

sungate332

Hi Micky and Anne, can you please PM me the link to the sunny lifestyle site as I can't find it thanks.
Hi Neil

I'm sorry but I don't know how to do PM's. Not quite used to this yet!

Anyway the address in long form is: www dot sunnylifestyle dot info

Hope this works

Best regards

Micky

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Hi Neil

I'm sorry but I don't know how to do PM's. Not quite used to this yet!

Anyway the address in long form is: www dot sunnylifestyle dot info

Hope this works

Best regards

Micky
Thanks Micky, yes it worked but they don't give you much detail do they, it's just a PDF, might need to increase our prices :laugh:

S

Sun Gate 517

Dear neighbour

Hello Everyone

We are the owners of Apt 332 in Sungate Phase 2. Everything seems to be happening very quickly all of a sudden. We have booked to travel out for the completion week commencing April 4th and will be staying at the Palm Beach Piazza. Will any other owners be there around the same time?

It would be nice to meet up with some neighbours.

Best regards

Micky & Anne
Belfast
N. Ireland
Hi Micky and Anne
We are owners of 517 and 505 and are also from Belfast. We last visited the site in July 2010 and were impressed with the progress at that stage. We have no immediate plans to go back in the next few months so would be very keen to hear how you get on. It would be great to touch base before you go out. If you would be agreeable I could forward you my contact details.

Regards
Enda and Patricia

E

Egypt fan

That sounds quite funky Neil! Looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing the cost. I thought you guys only did solid wood furniture - which I'm not a fan of, I'm afraid. We're going to hold off on a furniture pack until we've signed off on the apartment and viewed all our options. I'll keep you guys in mind if I like what you do. Orbit say that if we go with their package that we'll get guaranteed rental from the hotel when it opens. Have no idea of their cost though. I'll find out when I'm over there.

Cheers

Micky
I guess this rental guarantee is just a way to make you do the furniture with them and charge for it a much more money I guess and how much rental they
offer???? and i guess it will go in service charges etc,,,,,, I have this situation before and it was a big joke

P

PMCK

Greetings fellow Sungate-ers,

I'm a part owner of apt 419 along with two friends and we're planning a visit to Sahl Hasheesh in mid April to check on snagging etc. Looking forward to seeing the apartment and developments in the adjacent areas as Google Earth seems to be a bit out of date.
Anyone any ideas where to stay etc on our trip?

W

wanderer79

Hello fellow members,

I was looking for some advice to see if anyone could help.

I have a studio apartment in Sun gate that is ready to complete now, and Im unable to fund the remaining 50% balance. . I have about half of it, 12k.

The reason is that I was relying on a selling a property in the UK which has not sold and not looking optimistic, have no other way of funding it.

I think if save hard it will probably take about 26 months to pay it off, and im sure Orbit wont agree to that.

I dont want to lose the 50% that Ive put in already, and in my contract it states that if 3 months elapses then they have a right to charge 30% damages.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks appreciated,

wander79

Last edited:
NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Hello fellow members,

I was looking for some advice to see if anyone could help.

I have a studio apartment in Sun gate that is ready to complete now, and Im unable to fund the remaining 50% balance. . I have about half of it, 12k.

The reason is that I was relying on a selling a property in the UK which has not sold and not looking optimistic, have no other way of funding it.

I think if save hard it will probably take about 26 months to pay it off, and im sure Orbit wont agree to that.

I dont want to lose the 50% that Ive put in already, and in my contract it states that if 3 months elapses then they have a right to charge 30% damages.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks appreciated,

Jason, 301.
Speak to Orbit you never know they may give you a payment plan it will stop you losing everything.

S

sungate332

Hi Micky and Anne
We are owners of 517 and 505 and are also from Belfast. We last visited the site in July 2010 and were impressed with the progress at that stage. We have no immediate plans to go back in the next few months so would be very keen to hear how you get on. It would be great to touch base before you go out. If you would be agreeable I could forward you my contact details.

Regards
Enda and Patricia
Hi Enda & Patricia

Nice to hear we will have some neighbours from home. I agree it would be great to touch base but It's probably not a great idea to put your contact details on a public forum in case you get loads of spam. As a Junior member, I know that you can't send a Private Message (PM) but I could send one to you - if I knew how to! Perhaps someone out there could advise me. Neil looks to be the most experienced user :)

We head to London on Saturday morning (April 2nd) then to Hurghada on Monday so hopefully we can hear from you before then.

Best regards

Micky & Anne

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Hi Enda & Patricia

Nice to hear we will have some neighbours from home. I agree it would be great to touch base but It's probably not a great idea to put your contact details on a public forum in case you get loads of spam. As a Junior member, I know that you can't send a Private Message (PM) but I could send one to you - if I knew how to! Perhaps someone out there could advise me. Neil looks to be the most experienced user :)

We head to London on Saturday morning (April 2nd) then to Hurghada on Monday so hopefully we can hear from you before then.

Best regards

Micky & Anne
New members cannot send OR receive private messages.
Once Enda and Patricia have more than 4 posts you can pm them. Just click on their name and a drop down box will appear giving some options including send private message.

Regards
Veronica

S

sungate332

Greetings fellow Sungate-ers,

I'm a part owner of apt 419 along with two friends and we're planning a visit to Sahl Hasheesh in mid April to check on snagging etc. Looking forward to seeing the apartment and developments in the adjacent areas as Google Earth seems to be a bit out of date.
Anyone any ideas where to stay etc on our trip?
Hi PMcK

We are actually heading there next week to check our apartment and do the snagging list. We want to stay as close as possible to Sungate and have also decided to do it on a budget. For that reason we have taken an apartment in The Palm Beach Piazza in Sahl Hasheesh itself. A 1 bedroom apt is costing €290 for a week. We suspect it will be very quiet so if it's nightlife you seek, then there are loads of hotels to choose from in Hurghada to suit all budgets.

Best regards

Micky & Anne

L

Liela01

Snagging

Hi PMcK

We are actually heading there next week to check our apartment and do the snagging list. We want to stay as close as possible to Sungate and have also decided to do it on a budget. For that reason we have taken an apartment in The Palm Beach Piazza in Sahl Hasheesh itself. A 1 bedroom apt is costing €290 for a week. We suspect it will be very quiet so if it's nightlife you seek, then there are loads of hotels to choose from in Hurghada to suit all budgets.

Best regards

Micky & Anne
Hi Micky & Anne, I notice that you will be doing the snagging list. Will you be hiring professional snaggers or are you doing it yourself. My husband and I are planning to go to Egypt mid April (hopefully).

Regards,

Liela

S

Sun Gate 517

Hi Anne and Micky.
Delighted to hear from you. We have sent our email to Neil so hopefully he will have passed this to you.
Enda & Patricia

S

sungate332

Hi Micky & Anne, I notice that you will be doing the snagging list. Will you be hiring professional snaggers or are you doing it yourself. My husband and I are planning to go to Egypt mid April (hopefully).

Regards,

Liela
Hello Liela

Yes, we intend to do the snagging list ourselves. It's just like if you have had any work done to your house. You check that everything is to your satisfaction before you pay out the final instalment. For simple examples: Check that the electricity supply is ok and that every light switch you turn on actually turns on a light. You should also check that a power plug goes in and out of each individual socket easily and delivers a current - take a phone charger with you for example. If the light lights up then you have a current. Make sure that you have hot and cold running water. Put some toilet paper in the toilet and then flush it. Make sure it disappears. Check how long it takes for the cistern to refill and listen for any "unusual" noises while it's refilling. . Check all walls for settlement cracks. If there are any, you will want them filed and re-painted before you accept. Make sure that you are happy with all the light switches being totally "square' and that there are no gaps on the plastering around them. Tap each floor tile and listen for a "hollow' sound. If there is one, that tile could crack easily and you'd want to be sure a replacement is easy to get. I'm just touching the surface here, Liela. There are loads of other checks but these are some of the the common ones. Probably if you Google "Snag Lists" you will actually get a much better indication of what to look out for. At the end of the day, I'm sure the builder and developer won't want to rip you off. They have a reputation to maintain. Equally, don't be anal about minor details. Mistakes happen and can be over-looked. Point them out and I'll bet they'll be fixed. Always, always , always keep in mind that we will be in a different country with different views and a different acceptance of life from where we live. Be firm yet be cool, be patience and be a friend. From my short experience of the Egyptian people - they are lovely.

Hope you have a totally fab time there,

Best regards

Micky & anne

L

Liela01

Snagging

Thanks Micky an Anne for those very helpful tips. I'll google a list as you have suggested.

Regards,

Liela

S

sungate332

Hi Micky, did you get the PM I sent you with Pat's details?
I did indeed, Neil and have been in touch with them. Thanks for doing that for us. We're really looking forward to going over next week. I'll post a report when we return w/c 11th April

Cheers

Micky

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

I did indeed, Neil and have been in touch with them. Thanks for doing that for us. We're really looking forward to going over next week. I'll post a report when we return w/c 11th April

Cheers

Micky
Great, thanks for letting me know have a good time. I am going out again on the 19th April, looking forward to some sun :)

P

PMCK

Returned from inspection trip last sunday. I thought the finish on the apartment was fine, the work seemed to be of a decent standard. There were a few small snagging issues which was to be expected, which Mohammed assured us would be taken care of. The project as a whole seemed to be progressing well, although I think it will be a bit longer than the 2mths mentioned before it's all tidied up.

I was more interested to see that work on other projects around the area were progressing, as we don't want to be isolated with nothing else around. There were several developments going on which was good, but as I hadn't been out before, it was hard to judge the speed of progress. We were told that a Buddha hotel complex was being built next door, a top quality hotel, which if it's the case might offset somewhat the loss of the Serrenia project. Anyone any further info on this or indeed what's being built the other side of Sungate?

The whole Hurghada area was very quiet, which of course can be put down to tourist reluctance due to recent events (I hope). Any thoughts, or is this just a quiet time of year anyway?

As a whole, we were quite pleased with the way things were progressing. We enjoyed Hurghaga, but if they manage to walk the walk about Sahl it should be spectacular