Buy Berlin property - some specific questions

Discussion in 'German Property' started by Avbryt, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Avbryt

Avbryt New Member

Hi everybody,

I have a few questions; hoping to bring some clarity.

I know that the market for rental of apartments in Berlin is regulated.

Is it ok to let for 9 months or has it to be at least a year?

Looking at rental advertisements in Berlin it looks much more expensive than the regulated maximum cost in Berlin.

Let´s say I decide to buy

a. 30 sqm, 1 room, in Kreuzberg furnished with kitchen and overall a ok apartment.

or

b. 50 sqm, 2 rooms, in Kreuzberg furnished with kitchen and overall a ok apartment.

What is a ok NKM in your opinion from your experience of the market in Berlin?

As I understand, if using the regulated max cost calculation I could take max

a. 320 euro/month NKM.

or

b. 520 euro/month NKM.

When in the buying process; is it ok to bargain?

Or would the makler think that would be strange?

Does it cost anything to reserve a apartment?

Tax

Calculating the tax on the rental income profits, which are the costs that you can regard?

Please come back with any input that has to do with above questions [​IMG]

Will really appreciate the effort!

2. Avbryt

Avbryt New Member

Frankfurt Rob, thanks for your answer.

Your reply is lost but I will answer your questions if you are still at the forum.

Looking at rental advertisements in Berlin it looks much more expensive than the regulated maximum cost in Berlin.

Let´s say I decide to buy

a. 30 sqm, 1 room, in Kreuzberg furnished with kitchen and overall a ok apartment.

or

b. 50 sqm, 2 rooms, in Kreuzberg furnished with kitchen and overall a ok apartment.

What is a ok NKM in your opinion from your experience of the market in Berlin?

Frankfurt Rob:
    What is NKM? Netto Kalt Monate cold rent per month

Answer to Frankfurt Rob: yes, cold rent.

As I understand, if using the regulated max cost calculation I could take max

a. 320 euro/month NKM.

or

b. 520 euro/month NKM.

Frankfurt Rob:
    will answer when I get an answer to the above

Tax

Calculating the tax on the rental income profits, which are the costs that you can regard?

Frankfurt Rob:
    Phew that is a big question. Mainly all your costs but principal. Your mortgage payment is 500 but 400 is principal than you can only deduct 100 of the payment. NK is 100% deductable.

Thanks Rob!