Business Bay Good Investment Or Not

J

junaidrafique

Ok doc *takes a chill pill*, I have some units in the Opus if you are interested. A Duplex office 22,000 sq feet for 4,350 per sq feet but its on the highest 2 floors 18/19th floor. Triplex office as well for 3950 sq feet. I'm sure someone will snap up the duplex but you can make an offer if you like since there's nothin similar to it in the resale market.

R

Rammah

Hmmm, I seem to have stepped on a nerve there. There is no need to get that defensive my friend. As for that price I quoted, it came through the web. I will try to get the source for you however. Again, you need to take a chill pill mate :) I have no personal interest vested in my statements. Infact I myself am looking at buying office space in The Opus :).

Regards.

Edit: Found the link: #UNDER C: THE PAD, 23F Res - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

Please read post 107 and thereafter. Direct quote:

"683.94 sqft 1bdroom is listed at 3077730 AED and Omniyat says 1bd rooms are sold out, which is at 4500AED/Sqft

they are selling 1bdroom lofts for 7500 AED/sqft"
Great Answer Docc!
Waw....

J

junaidrafique

Infact let me make this clear as an Omniyat employee. This statement that the Pad lofts were selling at 7500 per sq feet is out by 500 dirhams. We were selling the 2 bedroom lofts on the 21 st floor of the Pad which included all fixtures and fittings and fully furnished for 7,000.

D

docc

Wait, if you knew the price, then why were you being so dramatic. I was only off by 500 aed; was it really necessary for you to snap like that?

How's that chill pill working out for you?

Thanks for your offer. I am considering snapping up a 2307 Sft office space at the opus for aed 6.8 M. I think that's a fairly good price; still less than 3000/Sft!

J

junaidrafique

yh, not bad price at all for the opus. Hang on to it though, good long term investment. Once Dancing towers and burj complete big money! Good Luck. We have some new launches comin up, Zaha Hadid is the architect again on one, let me know if ur interested.

S

sameer.dada

haha he knew price all along and was an employee the whole time. lol.

J

junaidrafique

Sameer. Yh I work for Omniyat. I take it ur memon!

C

CJGEORGE

Please let me know the current rent paid by single cheque for 2bed room ac property with car parking in al rashidiya ajman/

M

memo123

You Know The Area really well

Hello
from your post I see that you know the BB area really well , names of buildings , locations and presumably prices too.
can you please give me an idea of what projects they have in BB , names and estimated prices , I understand you are not an agent nor a broker so that makes you more credible in my opinion and you are not trying to make a quick profit .
If you can help I would be most grateful .
Regards
Memo

I recently visited business bay (my poor SUV went through hell!) and there were atleast a 100 towers under construction. Most of the plots were boarded up and there was some sort of activity going on most plots. However, the one's that have come really far are Bay gate, Churchill Executive, One Business Bay and Vision tower. There were also a few other that were a few floors high but i don't remember their names.

BBay is a great investment and has a lot of potential. However, there will be a point in time when there will be too many offices in the market. I was told by a reputable source that the annual population growth in dubai is 8% which equates to about 70,000-80,000 people moving to Dubai each other. This clearly tells us as to HOW many office and residential units will be required.

At present, there are only 2 freehold office spaces available ON SZR. First is Escan tower by ACI and the second one is The Onyx by Ishraqah. JLT is freezone and can only be used by people in the metals and commodities business. Tecom is also freezone but can only be used by people in the media and telecom business.

This clearly explains how much of FREEHOLD office space is required in Dubai. BBay is the answer to that and hence a very stable development. BBay plus DBD equates to Manhattan - Wall street and midtown combined together. Prices are bound to hit 3000/Sft in the next 6 months and i believe, most of the new announcements at Cityscape will be in that range.

Good luck to everyone!

C

Cyrian

Rammah - I hope your position with DAMAC is secure - if not you may like to do a Google search with the following search term:

“Damac Properties in Dubai Fail to Pay Employees Full Settlement on Dismissal”:

If DAMAC treat their own employees so badly - can you imagine the stress of being a client.

K

Keigan

Business Bay is doing well now. Hotels and offices opening all over the place. Good time to invest in that area. Expect it to go up further. Accessibility is better these days within BB.

1DXB

I've created an interactive map with all the key towers and developments in Business Bay, hope it helps plot your investments and better study the locations!

dubaidevelopments.blogspot.ae/p/business-bay