Bulgaria Property on Ebay.co.uk

I

iwico

Hi

There are many cheap property in Bulgaria for sale on Ebay.co.uk now.

Some property sale on real bid price which is interesting

But I am worry about:

1. Does these sellers on Ebay are real?
2. I found all the final bid price auction on Ebay, the seller has a condition which is only accept money transfer from my bank account to theiry company bank account. Are there any hidden things behind this?

Overall, does someone in this forum bought bulgaria properties (final bid price) on Ebay.co.uk before and like share their exprience.

Thanks
Chin

K

KayJay

Hi.

I've bought property on Ebay UK with no problems. The important things to bear in mind are:

1 - there is NO binding contract until a Preliminary or Final Act is signed.

2 - if you aren't an EU citizen buying a second home then you will need to form a company here. Even if you do meet those criteria, many notaries still won't process the purchase unless the buyer has a company.

3 - don't part with a penny until you've seen all the paperwork and a reliable Bulgarian lawyer has okayed them. The seller may not own the property or may only own part of it - so beware.

4 - check out the house and area carefully. Many properties are cheap but still not worth anything; many areas are rubbish or full of "undesirables".

5 - check the facilities - water, sewage, electricity etc - VERY carefully. I've seen houses where the pipes run through someone else 's garden - they may well not allow you access if anything goes wrong.

6 - be wary of buying if you hope to make a profit or rent at a high price - many people have been caught out that way.

7 - if you leave the property empty, you are likely to be robbed. Over here, that can include windows, electricity cables and pipes in the walls, doors, sanitary fittings etc etc.

8 - most importantly, research and understand the market - otherwise you're just a sucker looking to get ripped off.

There's plenty more to think about but that may give you a flavour.... ;)

L

ladybird2011

I have not bought on ebay but have sold. All very cheap houses. Two out of 3 of those buyers have never even been across to see the house or get their keys. The third is now a good friend and has moved over here.

Check the area very carefully. Better to just make enquiries about a property and then arrange a viewing than actually agree to buy.

M

mart359

The area is very important , and make sure there is no gypsies around.