Brokers/Agents Service

S

stephenshilstone

Hi during this time in the real estate sector, more and more real estate agents are coming into the business.

I'm doing some research into what makes a good Broker/Agent, all agents should have passed their RERA exam so all should be competent to a certain level, (the pass mark has been increased so this should increase the basic level of the Broker)

If you wouldn't mind Could you please give me your top 3 factors that make a Broker better than your average run of the mill Broker.

It could be anything from knowledge to punctuality, smartness to how clean their car is.

Thanks in advance for your time, its much appreciated.

muqtada123

muqtada123

Banned
I m not a broker though but i m working in real estate firm and i have to interact with the brokers on daily basis, one of their key point is to stay update with the property and their statistics all the time plus they also need to be looked nice and clean.

P

philipsmithdxb

I am not a broker but I do live and work in this industry in Dubai.

The RERA course is certainly not a pre-requisite for being a good broker although they are making this a little tougher which should help things.

I would say the following are extremely important:

(1) Market knowledge - obviously you want to use someone who is experienced and knowledgeable on the current market prices as well as the necessary procedures involved.

(2) honesty/transparency - you want to use a broker who is open and honest about everything and particularly pricing. For example, there is no point in listing a property for rent/sell at the price you hope to achieve if this is not realistic. Unfortunately in this competitive market, many agents simply try to obtain as many listings as possible by promising things that cannot be delivered. This will ultimately waste more time and money than listing at the realistic rental/selling prices. You will be better dealing with 1 or 2 good agents who are honest and clear with regards to prices, timescales, fees etc.

(3) Strong network of agents/database of clients - this will ensure that you have the best possible means of either renting or selling your property (as an owner) or finding a suitable property for you to rent/purchase (as a tenant/buyer).

There are many other important factors, such as reliability, punctuality, presentation and even personality. My advise is always to do your homework and do not use too many agents as this can get equally as confusing/messy!