Broker worth the money?

S

Sully01

Finnalllllyyyy o_O

I was looking alllll flipping over on how to write my first post...found it!

Anyways I just moved to the US from northern Africa, when you’re looking for a new apartment, what are the things to consider?

The location and the rent are obvious ones, along with the area amenities. I am looking at downtown locations (I'm in a major city btw). But i wanted to know if I should use a broker instead of searching listings myself? I feel like it's been a little harder to find the right quality and what not with how i've been searching. I've never used a broker.

D

diyhelp

I would also focus on local transport networks which will be useful for you and also useful as and when you sell in the future.

S

Sully01

@diyhelp I'm not sure I am familiar with this. I will have to look into it more but that may be an option for me. Given my situation is a little unique. I appreciate the help on here guys!

S

Sully01

Hey Hey, (update) was able to find a location. Have been in for about 9-10 weeks now and have gotten pretty settled. diyhelp I am close to local train but haven't been very good at using them :rolleyes:. Location is very nice though I am pleased. I was able to find downtown apartment company to help transition smoothly.

L

lookinginvest

Great to hear you have found some where :)

I agree, living close to a transport network is very useful when it comes to affordability.

A

AliceK

I guess that location and the good neighbourhood are the crucial issues. Both contribute to your comfort. I have never used a specific apartment company, btw it may come in handy. In my experience, searching via the web can be useful too. For instance,(moderated) helps me not to be covered up with dubious offers and to stay on the street under the sky.
I'll check your option.
Thanks for sharing. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Trey

I would say the broker worths the value on finding a house rental but not buying noir selling a property. The brokerage here charge total of minimum 1.5%, this is too high for such a work.

L

lookinginvest

It depends on your experience @Trey but I agree there is good value with using mortgage brokers in the right scenario.