British TV programme seeks adventurous British entrepreneurs

T

TV Prod

Hi there,

I'm a TV Producer in London, UK, and am working on a new programme idea for Channel 4, about British people buying property overseas in places, which most people would see as conflict-ridden, or high risk. It could either be as an investment opportunity, or perhaps they have special ties to the place.

If there are any adventurous British entrepreneurs out there, who are UK based, but thinking of buying in a volatile country, like Afghanistan, Lebanon, Myanmar, Mexico, etc., I would love to hear more, so please do get in touch.

Or if you know someone who may fit the bill, I look forward to hearing from you too.

Many thanks,

Mary

Ryan M

Ryan M

Interesting Idea to invest in 'risky' countries.Generally investors shy away from volatile areas.I wonder why you or anyone should consider such locations for investment.
It may help if you can share briefly why one should consider investing in risky areas.

Last edited:
A

Albainbridge

Because there is more chance of making a lot of money. Also there is a big chance of losing your money.
With Hindsight I would have invested in all sorts of what was perceived as 'risky' ventures which would mean that right now I'd be rich.
The only way I'd ever invest in 'Dodgy' areas is if I was in the know....which I'm not!
Wink wink...Nudge nudge!