• Thread starter jonathanlondres
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JMBroad

Here is what Dotty was talking about..

Index of Economic Freedom

The above report by Heritage is no surprise for those of us on the ground here and live this reality on a day-to-day basis. And these are the realities for brazilians, being a foreigner and having a business is even more complicated with even more barriers, some written and others not.

As far as Brazil being a "good example" for other S.A. countries to follow, I would think that one would be concerned with the moral dilemma of having millions of your countrymen classified as under-nourished or "threatened" from a lack of nutrients while exporting record numbers of beef, soy, and the like.
Exactly... however it's no surprise not only for the people living on the ground, but as I said in my original post, it's pretty obvious to anyone having done even a minimal bit of research into Brazil that there are huge disparities with regards to wealth distribution in the country.

As for being a "good example" - that's why I said it was "interesting", because in the beginning of the interview he says it's "one of the worst scenarios", then in the end of the interview says that Brazil is a "good example" for the other countries in South America... Interesting... :confused:

However nonetheless, it still is related to wealth distribution and economic freedom for Brazilians rather than international trade between Brazil and other countries.

M

Mineiro

"The judicial syestem and other areas of the public sector are inefficient and subject to corruption". Just a slight understatement.

D

Dotty

Banned
"Os dois factores Brasil cair no ranking da liberdade economica foram a corrupcao e a falta de abertura financeira.As leis brasilieras sao pouco receptivas aos investimentos estrangeiros".

No ranking deste ano caiu para a 101` posicao como Zambia,Coambodia,Argelia.Em 2003 Brasil ficou em 58 lugar.

Pais(diplomacy here) pratica burocracia e pesados impostos com o objectivo de massacrar os empreendedores,que veem como uma ameaça.

Em relation to corruption -Brasil aparece em 72 lugan com uma lista de 179 pais.:)
Here is what Dotty was talking about..

Index of Economic Freedom

The above report by Heritage is no surprise for those of us on the ground here and live this reality on a day-to-day basis. And these are the realities for brazilians, being a foreigner and having a business is even more complicated with even more barriers, some written and others not.

As far as Brazil being a "good example" for other S.A. countries to follow, I would think that one would be concerned with the moral dilemma of having millions of your countrymen classified as under-nourished or "threatened" from a lack of nutrients while exporting record numbers of beef, soy, and the like.

M

Mineiro

"Os dois factores Brasil cair no ranking da liberdade economica foram a corrupcao e a falta de abertura financeira.As leis brasilieras sao pouco receptivas aos investimentos estrangeiros".

No ranking deste ano caiu para a 101` posicao como Zambia,Coambodia,Argelia.Em 2003 Brasil ficou em 58 lugar.

Pais(diplomacy here) pratica burocracia e pesados impostos com o objectivo de massacrar os empreendedores,que veem como uma ameaça.

Em relation to corruption -Brasil aparece em 72 lugan com uma lista de 179 pais.:)
Are you a big fan of our current President?

D

Dotty

Banned
I would like to see M Carla grow into a future presidential candidate.She has great potential -just as Obama is growing and will one day make a great president the U.S.:)
I couldn't have said it better Dotty. Who would you like to see win the next Presidential elections ?

M

Mineiro

I would like to see M Carla grow into a future presidential candidate.She has great potential -just as Obama is growing and will one day make a great president the U.S.:)
I can't say I've ever heard of her. She must be from RN. Ipersonally would like to see Geraldo Alkmin or Aecio Neves as the next president. Unfortunately for Brazil Mario Covas died.

D

Dotty

Banned
Geraldo Alkmin is he governor of Sao Paulo ?My partner thinks he make a good president.
I can't say I've ever heard of her. She must be from RN. Ipersonally would like to see Geraldo Alkmin or Aecio Neves as the next president. Unfortunately for Brazil Mario Covas died.

Status
Not open for further replies.