Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Brazilian exports grow above the world average

Discussion in 'Brazil Property' started by jonathanlondres, Sep 4, 2008.

1. jonathanlondres

jonathanlondres New Member

:D The Brazilian exports registered in August, the second best monthly balance of the year, with sales of U.S. $ 19,747 billion. According to Welber Barral, Secretary of Foreign Trade of the Ministry of Development, Industry and Foreign Trade, exports from January to August totalled U.S. $ 130843 billion, a growth of 29.3% over the same period of 2007, "above, so , The global average growth of 15.3% per annum. "

Among the highlights in exports are gasoline (121.4%), alcohol (94.1%), oxides and hydroxides of aluminium (74.2%), tractors (48.2%) and aircraft (35.8%).

2. Dotty

Dotty Banned

Em 2003 ,Lula , president of Brasil was ranked 58th position in free economy,today Brasil has dropped to 101 th position along with Zambia,Cambodia and Argelia.

3. davehoskings

davehoskings New Member

Source of this information????? :rolleyes:

4. jonathanlondres

jonathanlondres New Member

folha online, one of the best newspaper in Brazil

5. Dotty

Dotty Banned

Actually,

James Roberts,the american economist and the most reputable and :) magazine in Brasil,Veja.

6. davehoskings

davehoskings New Member

dumbed down economics

7. Dotty

Dotty Banned

Had no idea that you're a leading economist in Washington .

Happy reading:)

8. davehoskings

davehoskings New Member

No just smart enough to not believe everything that is written in the press, especially by leading washington economists.

9. Mineiro

Mineiro New Member

Dave, so aswell as being an expert on all things Brazilian , you now astound us with your indepth knowledge of global economics.

10. Mineiro

Mineiro New Member

I'd love to see you in a debate with him Dave, no doubt you'd wipe the floor with him. Dumb and dumber.

11. davehoskings

davehoskings New Member

dotty is a her supposedly, but we could have you there as well to make a trio. Dumb and dumber and the farmer......

12. Dotty

Dotty Banned

Dave it might help if you read and write in Portuguese so you can understand what is really going on in Brasil.

13. Mineiro

Mineiro New Member

Dave, your talents are wasted on this forum. Someone should get in touch with Zorra Total or Tom Cavalcante. But please promise me when you're famous still keep posting because you really do make me laugh.

14. davehoskings

davehoskings New Member

How do you know i dont'

Merely reading and writing a language doesn't guarantee an understanding of anything except the language itself, simpleton's can read and write too. :p

15. Dotty

Dotty Banned

It might help if he could the speak the language;)

16. Dotty

Dotty Banned

We need some decent theater in Natal-perhaps Dave can put on a Carry On production .

17. Mineiro

Mineiro New Member

Dotty, I think "Carry On" is a bit too high brow for Dave. Unless ofcourse it was "Carry on Adam Smith and other economic geniuses ".

18. JMBroad

JMBroad New Member

If we can move on from the bickering (always wanted to say that because before I put Dotty on ignore, I was heavily involved in the bickering myself):

"James M. Roberts is the Research Fellow in Freedom and Growth at The Heritage Foundation's Center for International Trade and Economics.

As the Research Fellow in Freedom and Growth, Roberts' primary responsibility is to produce the Index of Economic Freedom, an influential annual analysis of the economic climate of countries throughout the world. The Index is co-published by Heritage and The Wall Street Journal. Roberts also studies economic and political issues in Latin America and Europe and weighs in on development assistance and nation-building debates.

He is fluent in Spanish, French and Portuguese. "

Ok so basically, having read his bio and the article in Veja, the ranking he's talking about is economic freedom - aka wealth distribution and the ability to set up companies in Brazil.

So while the wealth distribution in Brazil is one of the worst (anyone doing minimal research into the market would know this already), it is totally unrelated to International Trade Growth, which was the issue this was posted in reply to on the other thread which may be why Dave was saying that he was annoyed that the reply had nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Interestingly enough, Mr Roberts also is quoted as saying that Brazil is a good example for the other South American countries to follow.

19. RalphJ

RalphJ New Member

Here is what Dotty was talking about..

Index of Economic Freedom

The above report by Heritage is no surprise for those of us on the ground here and live this reality on a day-to-day basis. And these are the realities for brazilians, being a foreigner and having a business is even more complicated with even more barriers, some written and others not.

As far as Brazil being a "good example" for other S.A. countries to follow, I would think that one would be concerned with the moral dilemma of having millions of your countrymen classified as under-nourished or "threatened" from a lack of nutrients while exporting record numbers of beef, soy, and the like.

20. Mineiro

Mineiro New Member

Well said Ralph.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.