BRAZIL WORLD CUP 2014!!!!

P

Propvantage

Brazil officially named as 2014 hosts

October 30 2007 at 06:42PM

Zurich - Brazil were officially named by Fifa president Sepp Blatter as hosts of the 2014 World Cup on Tuesday.

The five-time world champions were the only candidates in the race to host the event.

After a final presentation to Fifa executives with Brazil president Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva in attendance their bid was rubber-stamped by international football's governing body Fifa's executive committee.

Brazil have staged the World Cup once before, in 1950 when they lost the final 2-1 to Uruguay.

D

deedee1

:)Hi all,

GREAT NEWS FOR BRAZIL- THIS WILL CERTAINLY FUEL AND BOOST THE TOURISM INDUSTRY AND REAL ESTATE SECTORS!!

ROLL ON 2014!!!! :)

See ya -D :)

D

deedee1

WORLD CUP 2014- So many questions???:D

Does anyone know when and where the events will be held in brazil??

Also cant wait to find out when all the new flights and routes will start??

2014- not that far away almost 6 years!!

Also how much funding do they receive from FIFA for the world cup and what do they get to spend it on i.e developments of stadiums, infrastructure assistance, tourism developments etc??

Take care-D

N

nickohorny

There are nineteen cities that showed interest in being chosen as hosts for the World Cup's games:

Rio de Janeiro,
São Paulo,
Belo Horizonte,
Porto Alegre,
Brasília, Belém,
Campo Grande,
Cuiabá, Curitiba,
Florianópolis,
Fortaleza,
Goiânia,
Maceió,
Manaus,
Natal,
Recife/Olinda (a stadium will be shared by both cities),
Rio Branco and Salvador.

According to current FIFA practice, no more than one city may use two stadia, and the number of host cities is limited between eight and ten. The Brazilian Confederation already requested permission to assign twelve cities hosting World Cup Finals.

A reported $1 billion dollars is to be approved for the repair, upgrading and maintenance of the stadia

N

nickohorny

Natal football stadium - Estádio Dr. João Cláudio Vasconcelos Machado, usually known as Machadão is a multi-use stadium in the Brazilian city of Natal, Rio Grande do Norte. It is currently used mostly for football matches.

looks nice but only sits 53,320 which is no good for FIFA. hmmmmm

Machadão - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

P

Propvantage

here in south africa they are building stadiums like they is no tomorrow. they demolished an old stadium, as well as a golf course to build the cape town stadium. they are busy with it now, its huge!

D

deedee1

I also think that they will knock down existing ones and build new ones from scratch as it will probably work out cheaper and better!!

I think that shrewd investors would be a fool not to SNAP YP AND BUT ALL EXISTING LAND SURROUNDING THESE STADIUMS IN ANTICIPATION!!

But yet again I bet this has already happened before the news was even announced!!

IF I HAD THE MONEY then this is what I would do right now and make an absolute fortune from it!!!

I personally reacon the dead certs will be rio de janerio, sao paulo and either natal or fortaleza or both???
Take care-D :)

J

JMBroad

The stadiums are only a part of the equasion. Anyone who has lived through even a European Cup, (I was living in Lisbon in 2002) can tell you that the investment into infrastructure to support the visitors is tremendous.

In Portugal, not only did they build lots of new stadiums but they also made vast investments into the infrastructure, not least to be able to quickly and safely get the visitors from their hotels to the stadiums and back again.

D

deedee1

:)Hi JMB,

I totally agrre- you have to see the bigger picture here!!!

Its not just about the stadiums that will have to receive investment- they will plough monet into infrastructure, accomadation, travel and tourism and facilities to cater for this!!

Flights and accomadation will have to be increased dramatically aswell to cater for the influx of people that will be coming from all over the world!!!
I mean surelky you will be looking at a few hundred thousand alone each week??
Does anyone have stats on previous world cup scenarios so you can get a rough estimation of what to expect-as that would help alot??

SO IM FEELING MORE CONFIDENT ABOUT WHAT IS TO COME NOW!!!
THIS WILL REALLY HELP BOOST THE ECONOMY AND OPEN PEOPLES EYES TO BRAZIL AND WHAT IT HAS TO OFFER!!

Also this will draw in a lot of overseas investors and comapnies into brazil, aswell as real estate investors who ride on the backs of big worldwide events like this!!!

Take care-D

N

nickohorny

Rio de Janeiro:
Maracanã (100,000)
+New Stadium

São Paulo:
Morumbi (80,000)
Pacaembu +remodel
Brinco de Ouro (Campinas)
Teixeirão (São Jose do Rio Preto)
Vila Belmiro (Santos)
+New Stadium

Minas Gerais:
Mineirão (80,000+)
Independencia +remodel
João Havelange (Uberlandia)
+New Stadium ?

Goiania & DF:
Mané Garrincha
Bezerrão
Serra Dourada

Parana:
Couto Pereira
Arena de Baixada
Pinheirão
Café (Londrina)

Rio Grande do Sul:
Beira Rio (awesome remodel, 80,000)
Olimpico
Alfredo Jaconi (Caxias do Sul)
Centenário (Caxias do Sul)

Bahia:
Fonte Nova
Barradão

Pernambuco:
Arruda
Ilha de Retiro

Rio Grande do Norte:
Machadão

Ceará:
Castelão

Para:
Mangueirão

Amazonas:
Vivaldão

they may need one or two modern ones in the 50-60k range, but I don't I don't think they need any more big stadiums... need comfortable, accessible, safe, and full stadiums. Look at Germany -- almost every stadium is in the 40-50k range.

N

nigelallen

Great news to see Brazil hosting the world cup in 2014, the trouble is in Brazil they do not know what a deadline is it has to be the worse country in the world for getting anything done, why use one form when you can use 50, I think you will have a far better chance of seeing the world cup if you book your trip in 2016. If it is on time you can bet your life their has been some extremely big brown envelops flying around

D

deedee1

It doesnt matter which country it is in the world the big brown envelopes fly around all over the place especially in government and politics!!

Unfortunatley the world revolves around money- so to speak!!!

Like anything in life if you chuck enough money at it you can get your own way!!

Take care-D:)

P

Propvantage

in cape town, we had a variety of options for stadiums. fifa apparently liked the table mountain backdrop, so they demolished our only local golf course to build the stadium... in an upmakret coastal area. the local residents are up in arms, as this thing is being developed on premium coastline, and no one knows what use it will serve after the cup. anyway, what fifa says goes apparently

P

PeixeGato

If nothing else, you should be able to rent optimally located properties for quite a nice premium during the World Cup.

Any signs of this happening in South Africa? if so, that might be a good place to grab a 2BR condo.

PG

debzor

debzor

Word here on the streets of Brazil is that very few of the existing stadia will currently meet FIFA standards - and correctly, frankly.

Good news, though, is that if any country, anywhere, was gonna recive massive football $$$$$$$$$ injections from all sorts of sources it has gotta be Brasil!!

M

michaelbush

I have heard that here in Natal they will build a new stadium- close to the ABC FC stadium. Perhaps America FC will take it over after!! then they can have a real battle between the two clubs!!

P

Propvantage

property prices in south africa leading up to the world cup are on the rise. many people are speculating on areas close to stadiums, and yes, rentals will be very high during the event!
the good thing is that the new investment is bringing new infrastructure which will create a long term legacy.

J

JMBroad

ABC just went up in division, from 3rd to 2nd (or C to B). Coinciding with the Carnatal, it must be pretty crazy over there at the moment... while I was over there everyone was already talking about whether they would make it or not...