Brazil- The Good Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mineiro

I've had many fantastic experiences and times in Brazil of which I will list a few ,so that I don't feel that I've been overly harsh and pessimistic about this wonderful country.
1 Meeting my wife in SP.
2 The birth of my daughters.
3 The many friends I've made here.
4 The Brahma Bar in SP on the corner of Ipiranga com São João listening to Bossa Nova, drinking caipirinhas.
5 Bar to bar with a friend along Copacabana, Ipanema,and Leblon waking up at 6 in the moring on a bench on the calçadão with suprisingly all our belongings.
6 Riding on the buses in SP watching all the different people ,houses,and scenes go past.
7 Rodas de Samba in favelas in São Paulo.
8 Roast fish and caldo de feijão on Boa Viagem beach.
9 Breaking my leg and my landlord bringing me milk,fresh bread, and other things to eat for breakfast.
10 Sitting at night listening to the many tales of the cowboys and workers on the farm.
11 Seeing deer,antas,bandeiras,lobo guaras,and a jaguatirica on the farm.
12 Dancing all night in the pouring rain at Barra Mares in Porto Seguro.
13 The falls at Foz Do Iguaçu.
14 The celebrations and general knees up after Brazil's victories in the World Cups.
15 And ofcourse the innumerous "churrascos" with friends and family.

These are some of the great times I've had here and for me it's certainly been worthwhile living here. I've been very lucky and have a lot to thank Brazil for. But like everywhere in the world it has it's good sides and bad sides. Graças a Deus that for me I've had many more good times than bad. And when it comes down to it I suppose the only thing that matters is this.
At least now I don't think I've been unfair to Brazil or the many wonderful people who live here.

D

Dotty

Banned
How wonderful Mineiro !

I too have many incredible memories of Brasil and here are my moments.

1)Falling in love with my hubby.
2)Falling in love with Brasil when I 1st visited.
3)Being blown away on my 1st of many visits to Jericoacoara 15 yrs ago.Not quite understanding what I was seeing to be real.It was a dream.Making cake with Tia Angelita in her back garden ,plucking chickens and helping the fishermen mend their nets and then being totally alone on the dune.
4)Dancing to the original Olodum in Pelourinho on a Tuesday night and getting robbed in the elevador(well my boyfriend/hubby)
5)Visiting Igaçu Falls was a truely magnificent sight.
6)Staying in a pousada that was haunted on the way to the Pantanal, hunting Piranha and eating Piranha soup for dinner.Washing my clothes in the swamp with the nativos.
7)Eating Pizza and drinking coke in Sao Luis with street children and talking about life.
8)Spending Brasilian xmas's in Sao Paulo(every 2 yrs) with family and riding on the farm ,playing football ,meeting old brasilian friend's and going to great places.
9)Simple pleasures,eating Tapioca in Tabatinga,spending time relaxing with friends at the beach,eating fish in Pessoa(a dumpy restaurant),but do they know how to cook,walking Buzios beach and Pirangi ,swimming in the lagoons,walking the lagoons.
10)Seeing my children grow into confident ,happy adults.

Many,many more ......

So I too like Mineiro , have great memories of a great country and despite all it's difficulties you just have to keep going and develop along with the changes and
be honest and realistic.

Anybody else??:):):):)

I've had many fantastic experiences and times in Brazil of which I will list a few ,so that I don't feel that I've been overly harsh and pessimistic about this wonderful country.
1 Meeting my wife in SP.
2 The birth of my daughters.
3 The many friends I've made here.
4 The Brahma Bar in SP on the corner of Ipiranga com São João listening to Bossa Nova, drinking caipirinhas.
5 Bar to bar with a friend along Copacabana, Ipanema,and Leblon waking up at 6 in the moring on a bench on the calçadão with suprisingly all our belongings.
6 Riding on the buses in SP watching all the different people ,houses,and scenes go past.
7 Rodas de Samba in favelas in São Paulo.
8 Roast fish and caldo de feijão on Boa Viagem beach.
9 Breaking my leg and my landlord bringing me milk,fresh bread, and other things to eat for breakfast.
10 Sitting at night listening to the many tales of the cowboys and workers on the farm.
11 Seeing deer,antas,bandeiras,lobo guaras,and a jaguatirica on the farm.
12 Dancing all night in the pouring rain at Barra Mares in Porto Seguro.
13 The falls at Foz Do Iguaçu.
14 The celebrations and general knees up after Brazil's victories in the World Cups.
15 And ofcourse the innumerous "churrascos" with friends and family.

These are some of the great times I've had here and for me it's certainly been worthwhile living here. I've been very lucky and have a lot to thank Brazil for. But like everywhere in the world it has it's good sides and bad sides. Graças a Deus that for me I've had many more good times than bad. And when it comes down to it I suppose the only thing that matters is this.
At least now I don't think I've been unfair to Brazil or the many wonderful people who live here.

J

JMBroad

Glad to hear both of you have had such great experiences. And now at least I know that I'm right in assuming you are a lady, Dotty ;)

J

JMBroad

Doesn't work like that I'm afraid - when I'm in Brazil I'm working... So my list would look something like:

1) Checking the legalilties on project X
2) Chatting with government official Y
3) Visiting development F

etc... not quite as good a list, :(

J

JMBroad

However, in the spirit of things, I'll add in my 2 cents with Brazilian good times.

1) Meeting a fantastic lady (from Sao Paulo) while we were studying Hotel Management in Switzerland and spending the next three years trying to fix our hotel careers to see as much of each other as possible

2) The million and one feijoada parties I went to with all the Baianas and Baianos

3) Learning to play the bongo's from a Baiano (which I've now forgotten)

4) Learning the lambada from a Baiana (which I now pretend to have forgotten)

5) The years spent mingling with Brazilians from all different states while I was growing up and listening to the stories (good and bad) about Brazil.

6) Meeting old friends in Natal while having the best Rucola Pizza ever.

D

Dotty

Banned
Oh,

That's more like it!:)
However, in the spirit of things, I'll add in my 2 cents with Brazilian good times.

1) Meeting a fantastic lady (from Sao Paulo) while we were studying Hotel Management in Switzerland and spending the next three years trying to fix our hotel careers to see as much of each other as possible

2) The million and one feijoada parties I went to with all the Baianas and Baianos

3) Learning to play the bongo's from a Baiano (which I've now forgotten)

4) Learning the lambada from a Baiana (which I now pretend to have forgotten)

5) The years spent mingling with Brazilians from all different states while I was growing up and listening to the stories (good and bad) about Brazil.

6) Meeting old friends in Natal while having the best Rucola Pizza ever.

debzor

debzor

Perhaps we could get Mills & Boon to sponsor this thread...?

Yeah - we love it too, but our private life is our private life before anyone asks; no disrepect whatsoever to anyone else though...

M

Mineiro

Perhaps we could get Mills & Boon to sponsor this thread...?

Yeah - we love it too, but our private life is our private life before anyone asks; no disrepect whatsoever to anyone else though...

I don't recall anyone asking about your private life which I'm sure is as replete and abundant as Hitler's christmas card list to jewish friends.:eek:

debzor

debzor

I don't recall anyone asking about your private life which I'm sure is as replete and abundant as Hitler's christmas card list to jewish friends.:eek:
You will let us know, won't you, when you develop a sense of humour.

M

Mineiro

You will let us know, won't you, when you develop a sense of humour.

Will do so. You seem to be the type of person who prefers a more high brow sense of humour along the lines of Zorra Total and Show Do Tom.:)

J

JMBroad

Will do so. You seem to be the type of person who prefers a more high brow sense of humour along the lines of Zorra Total and Show Do Tom.:)
Right each of you go sit in a corner and don't come out again until you've made up and are best of friends.

Now on the other hand this has brought us to a fun and interesting topic which needs a lot of in-depth discussion.

Why is it that the Brazilians and the Portuguese like shows like Show do Tom? I mean it totally baffles me. They enjoy stuff like Monty Python's Flying Circus, Seinfeld, etc but absolutely adore Show do Tom, or in Portugal, "Herman José".

M

Mineiro

Right each of you go sit in a corner and don't come out again until you've made up and are best of friends.

Now on the other hand this has brought us to a fun and interesting topic which needs a lot of in-depth discussion.

Why is it that the Brazilians and the Portuguese like shows like Show do Tom? I mean it totally baffles me. They enjoy stuff like Monty Python's Flying Circus, Seinfeld, etc but absolutely adore Show do Tom, or in Portugal, "Herman José".
I really can't understand it either. They can't seem to make any decent comedy programs. I'm not sure that the majority of Brazilians could appreciate Monty Python though. They're more into the Benny Hill style of humour, although Benny Hill is far superior to Zorra Total.

J

JMBroad

Don't recognise the name but then again whenever they used to come on, I'd switch off the TV before my brain melted.

On the other hand, how come the UK and US can't produce soap operas like "Rainha da Sucata" - compare that to Coronation Street or Neighbours!!!

:eek:

M

Mineiro

Don't recognise the name but then again whenever they used to come on, I'd switch off the TV before my brain melted.

On the other hand, how come the UK and US can't produce soap operas like "Rainha da Sucata" - compare that to Coronation Street or Neighbours!!!

:eek:
Can't say I'm a big fan of novelas but I have to agree that Coronation Street and Eastenders are pretty dire. But having to put up with novelas virtually all day isn't easy. I mean when they're not showing the novelas they're either talking about them or talking about the actors in them.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.