Brazil property stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dotty

Banned
Welcome Mineiro,
You are right about not being cheap here in Brasil ,especially in the long term!
Even on the short term to maintain properties as holiday homes can be a real pain and real time-consuming experience and costl experience -no doubt about it especially if you have taken out a loan with the hope of rentals covering that.
Renting out is something else-depends where it is ,demand etc,now for the people that may have invested in R.N will know that they will be having a pretty tough time trying to rent out their holiday properties ,whether it be a Brasilian or not ,so what is the outcome??Vende signs...........
I wouldnt have said that property here in Brazil is at all cheap if you are buying to use as a holiday home . The cost of flights is astronomical and the cost of living is increasing rapidly. Why should someone think of buying a slightly cheaper house here in Brazil where he will have no profit whatsoever in renting ; where the roads are full of holes ; where more people die per year in shootings than Iraq (FAR MORE) ; where there isnt a decent sewage system; and where if he happens to hurt himself he can either chose to pay a small fortune in medical bills or face probable death in one of the public hospitals that is if he manages to get in through the door.
I would have thought there were far better places for a european or an american to buy a holiday home!!!!!!:D

D

davehoskings

Welcome Mineiro,
You are right about not being cheap here in Brasil ,especially in the long term!
Even on the short term to maintain properties as holiday homes can be a real pain and real time-consuming experience and costl experience -no doubt about it especially if you have taken out a loan with the hope of rentals covering that.
Renting out is something else-depends where it is ,demand etc,now for the people that may have invested in R.N will know that they will be having a pretty tough time trying to rent out their holiday properties ,whether it be a Brasilian or not ,so what is the outcome??Vende signs...........
How much have you been making on your properties in PN in rentals? The figures I have seen say it is a very good income.

D

davehoskings

Why should someone think of buying a slightly cheaper house here in Brazil where he will have no profit whatsoever in renting
Slightly cheaper than what???? I am making money from renting but I bought in the right place and researched before I bought (which isn't very hard).

C

Celt

Buying properties with rental income in mind in NE Brazil is probably not a good strategy in the short term. One option is be to buy in a development with a good rental pool system in operation which should generate some degree of rental income.

However, The prospects for significant capital growth remain very promising in the medium to long term. The global credit crisis, currency fluctuations are impeding capital growth in the short term but history has shown that recessions are often a good time to pick up properties. The mortage market in Brazil is also still in its infancy and its development over the next few years could give a substantial boost to Brazilian property prices across the board. The staging of the World Cup in 2014 should also serve a a boon for the Brazilian property sector by raising the Country's profile internationally.

While many on this forum choose to see a half-empty glass, I prefer to see it as half-full.

C

Coqueiro

Buying properties with rental income in mind in NE Brazil is probably not a good strategy in the short term. One option is be to buy in a development with a good rental pool system in operation which should generate some degree of rental income.

However, The prospects for significant capital growth remain very promising in the medium to long term. The global credit crisis, currency fluctuations are impeding capital growth in the short term but history has shown that recessions are often a good time to pick up properties. The mortage market in Brazil is also still in its infancy and its development over the next few years could give a substantial boost to Brazilian property prices across the board. The staging of the World Cup in 2014 should also serve a a boon for the Brazilian property sector by raising the Country's profile internationally.

While many on this forum choose to see a half-empty glass, I prefer to see it as half-full.
There is no reccession in Brasil, the dollar and pound are weak, the era of cheap flights appears to be at an end. Your glasss is nearly empty mate.

Buy here if you have a personal passion for Brazil or a love for a particular city/town/village where you are thinking of buying.

IMO as a pure investment there must be smarter options to be had elsewhere. If not head to the hills and start growing carrots because civilazation is f***ed :)

D

Dotty

Banned
A hugh majority of purchasers tend to invest in ways that suits their needs,e.g chalets for holiday homes,apts to use without aims to rent out or with the hopes of rental returns,complexes with secure or insecure returns,buy off plan and companies suceed or fail etc,etc, so in terms of what one does or doesn't receive in rent is entirely individual and their choice!

Now if people make good incomes from very early investments the chances are far greater of big profits as everybody would agree the world over , but I think that most would also agree that today is different from yesterday,where there are tons for sale.
How much have you been making on your properties in PN in rentals? The figures I have seen say it is a very good income.

D

davehoskings

A hugh majority of purchasers tend to invest in ways that suits their needs,e.g chalets for holiday homes,apts to use without aims to rent out or with the hopes of rental returns,complexes with secure or insecure returns,buy off plan and companies suceed or fail etc,etc, so in terms of what one does or doesn't receive in rent is entirely individual and their choice!

Now if people make good incomes from very early investments the chances are far greater of big profits as everybody would agree the world over , but I think that most would also agree that today is different from yesterday,where there are tons for sale.
Do you always state the obvious or are you just reading from a script?

There are tons for sale, but some 300 unit developments are selling out in weeks, so what does that say to you?

D

Dotty

Banned
Considering I am offered properties ALL the time I am well aware of what is going up,how much they cost and what the availability is,and there's still tons for sale . Are you in sales by the way??
Do you always state the obvious or are you just reading from a script?

There are tons for sale, but some 300 unit developments are selling out in weeks, so what does that say to you?

D

davehoskings

Considering I am offered properties ALL the time I am well aware of what is going up,how much they cost and what the availability is,and there's still tons for sale . Are you in sales by the way??
If I was in sales I wouldn't be saying things like Ponta Negra is a dump, or saying that Jeri is over-hyped.

I buy and sell properties all the time but solely as an investor so I know what I am talking about, reading brochures doesn't really count as experience in my book.

D

Dotty

Banned
I mean you don't have to like the same as everybody else, and if you are competing with other agents you would tittle tattle for areas to invest in or not and say this is .....or this is wonderful................and you don't even need a brochure!If you buy and sell then you will do all you can to sell so that you can buy right or wrong- I mean that is what it's about,your own interest.
Jeri's a top place to invest if there is any land left.

Happy buying.
If I was in sales I wouldn't be saying things like Ponta Negra is a dump, or saying that Jeri is over-hyped.

I buy and sell properties all the time but solely as an investor so I know what I am talking about, reading brochures doesn't really count as experience in my book.

C

Celt

There is no reccession in Brasil, the dollar and pound are weak, the era of cheap flights appears to be at an end. Your glasss is nearly empty mate.

Buy here if you have a personal passion for Brazil or a love for a particular city/town/village where you are thinking of buying.

IMO as a pure investment there must be smarter options to be had elsewhere. If not head to the hills and start growing carrots because civilazation is f***ed :)
Wait a minute, don't you run a business there?

M

Mineiro

It must be very hard for a person who is genuinely interested in buying coastal property to find out the real state of affairs here in Brazil. Yes ofcourse they can come out and see for themselves , but the question is will they take away with them the true picture of Brazil . Lets face it there are so many people overhyping Brazil's prospects in the global tourism market that I feel very sorry for someone who buys believing that in a few years they will have a property that has increased substantially in price. Ofcourse I am not saying that opportunities dont exist but they are very few and far between. With the lack of interest of the Brazilian government in seriously promoting and investing in tourism and the necessary infrastructure , I would seriously doubt if much changes in the next 10 years.

C

Celt

Sure do Celt and enjoy my life here very much. :)
Glad to hear it!

As you allude to yourself, it is the Brazilian lifestyle that people fall in love with and helps entice many people to purchase property in the country.

There are many easier countries in which to run a business but you choose to persevere. Despite all the challenges I remain upbeat about Brazil's prospects and in particular the tourism potential in NE Brazil. :)

lagarto

lagarto

If you buy and sell all the time then you must use an agent to advertise your properties as there are like you say many projects and units available in all areas.
Do you buy through an agent ? Brochures are important for offplan or you wouldn't know about them.
Do you sell weekly, monthly yearly and do you buy one at a time or turn over in large quantities?
I've heard of your name in Ceará so I guess you have invested here.
What do you think of Canoa, Taiba or Praia das Fontes for example.. This is a serious question and would appreciate an honest answer if you know the areas.

lagarto

lagarto

It must be very hard for a person who is genuinely interested in buying coastal property to find out the real state of affairs here in Brazil. Yes ofcourse they can come out and see for themselves , but the question is will they take away with them the true picture of Brazil . Lets face it there are so many people overhyping Brazil's prospects in the global tourism market that I feel very sorry for someone who buys believing that in a few years they will have a property that has increased substantially in price. Ofcourse I am not saying that opportunities dont exist but they are very few and far between. With the lack of interest of the Brazilian government in seriously promoting and investing in tourism and the necessary infrastructure , I would seriously doubt if much changes in the next 10 years.
It seems to me that you don't like Brazil yet you have been here for many years. The clients and friends that come here certainly take away the true face of Brazil in Ceará and 99% of them can't wait to get back here so i'm not sure what you mean. How can you say that you feel sorry for someone investing with the reality that infact the property price will almost certainly rise substantially over the next ten years. Few and far between.... please visit and see for yourself as the Northeast is very positive towards tourism and investments.... along with increased government support in the tourism industry in many Northeastern states. I see the northeast as a very positive area for the next ten years or more.

lagarto

lagarto

Glad to hear it!

As you allude to yourself, it is the Brazilian lifestyle that people fall in love with and helps entice many people to purchase property in the country.

There are many easier countries in which to run a business but you choose to persevere. Despite all the challenges I remain upbeat about Brazil's prospects and in particular the tourism potential in NE Brazil. :)
Well said...

Completely agree with you.:)

D

davehoskings

If you buy and sell all the time then you must use an agent to advertise your properties as there are like you say many projects and units available in all areas.
Do you buy through an agent ? Brochures are important for offplan or you wouldn't know about them.
Do you sell weekly, monthly yearly and do you buy one at a time or turn over in large quantities?
I've heard of your name in Ceará so I guess you have invested here.
What do you think of Canoa, Taiba or Praia das Fontes for example.. This is a serious question and would appreciate an honest answer if you know the areas.
I have a few trusted agents I use.

I have invested in Ceará.

I know Canoa, which is scenically very nice but I dont like the town itself which needs to be cleaned up.

Taiba I think is overbuilt but maybe still a good investment, I prefer Cumbuco myself.

I have no thoughts on Praia das Fontes.

I also looking at Flexeiros as it is far enough from Forteleza to avoid most of the problems you get closer in.

Status
Not open for further replies.