Brazil- Property Solicitors/law Firms ideally with UK Office

Discussion in 'Brazil Property' started by puthsardarade, Oct 20, 2008.

1. puthsardarade

puthsardarade New Member

Hi,
    I am based in Leeds, England. I am ideally looking for a Brasillian lawyer that has a UK base. I am purchasing a property in Brazil and I require a lawyer ideally UK based to handle this for me. The property development is called Brisa de Caripus. I am purchasing it as an investment to either sell or rent out.
    The developers are recommending Nabas Lawyers (International law firm with Brasilian lawyers based in London) and they have negotiated a special rate of £600,

I would like quotes from other companies and compare what level of services I am offered?

Thanks

2. robh

robh Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Which state is the development in?

3. Dotty

Dotty Banned

We have a great magazine in London,a way from Leeds,but try and get them to send you a copy.It's called Leros and it is a brasilian magazine that has several Brasilian International lawyers advertised who are based in the U.K .
    Hope this helps.You can check them out online too.:)

4. davehoskings

davehoskings New Member

Unless they have changed I wouldn't deal with Nabas unless you are not in a hurry at all, my friend nearly lost his deposit on a development as Nabas were just not doing anything.

5. Czechneck

Czechneck New Member

If you are looking for a solicitor that deals with Brazilian property law, that has a base in London, then I would suggest Manzanares. They are the best people to deal with when it comes to property in Brazil.

Good luck!

6. Sunnyshores

Sunnyshores New Member

7. Frank_London

Frank_London New Member

You can contact Mr Marcelo Ruiz, a qualified Brazilian lawyer with property law and international property transactions experience who have worked in London for the last two years. I used his legal services in relation to a property purchase in the north east area, money transfers, company formation and visas issues and he really understands our client's needs and his fees are affordable for small and medium investors. Contact him on marcelo.london@hotmail.com

8. Sao P

Sao P New Member

Thanks marcelo

9. JMBroad

JMBroad New Member

First off - the developer is suggesting you use a certain lawyer - you really need a lawyer who is going to protect your interests - so try and find another one.

Of the lawyers recommended on this thread...

Nabas - have heard them recommended before but ... the person almost lost their reservation because they were too slow or too thorough? Very different but both bad.

Manzanares - I've worked with them before on numerous occasions, never had reason for complaints.

Max Gold:
    All Zen purchasers are using them. So I've heard...

Marcelo Ruiz - A lawyer with a hotmail address as his contact email doesn't lend much confidence.

10. Dotty

Dotty Banned

I can also recommend Dr Roberto Lisboa who is a great property lawyer.He doesn't speak English(problem for non-portugese speakers),but he's really efficent and on the ball!His office is close to Forum .If anybody is interested email me and I'll pass on the lawyers number.

11. Sao P

Sao P New Member

Zen ? This is the same one in Touros that others on this site talked about ? What was the screw - up ?

12. Frank_London

Frank_London New Member

MAX GOLD PARTNER SOLICITOR ARREST
    Saturday, March 21, 2009, 06:30

A well-known solicitor has been questioned by police after
    allegedly making a race-hate remark during a Hull City match.
    Stefano Lucatello was arrested after the incident at City's clash with West Bromwich Albion at the KC Stadium in January.
    The Mail understands Mr Lucatello, who also acts as Hull's Italian consulate, was arrested after being the subject of a complaint following an argument with another man.
    It is understood the complaint was made following an alleged anti-semitic comment
    He was subsequently released on bail subject to further enquiries into the incident by the police.

Mr Lucatello is a senior partner at the Hull-based Max Gold Partnership, where he heads an expert sports law team.
    Providing guidance and support to sporting personalities, bodies and governing institutions, he played a leading role in the transfer of Eric Cantona to Leeds United and has also represented boxers Naseem Hamid and Herol Graham.
    He is also head of the partnership's international property law section
    A Humberside Police spokeswoman said: "A 47-year-old East Riding man was arrested in connection with an alleged offence of causing religiously aggravated intentional harassment, alarm or distress at 4.05pm on Saturday, January 31, at the KC Stadium in Walton Street.
    "He has been released on police bail, pending further enquiries to a date in April."
    Mr Gold said: "Any allegation of anti-semitic abuse is very strongly denied by Mr Lucatello.
    "He was told at the match the matter had been dealt with and he thought it was all over.
    "We must now await the decision of the prosecution before making any further comment."

Source: Max Gold Partnership solicitor arrested over 'anti-semitic' comment

13. robh

robh Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You would think an anti-semite would pick a different company to work for :)

14. debzor

debzor New Member

Back to property solicitors (thread title) - it might be better to use an English speaking lawyer in Brazil, rather than the UK office of a Brazilian legal firm, as the former would probably be cheaper.

15. JMBroad

JMBroad New Member

Having continued to follow up the situation of the clients who purchased on Zen allegedly through Max Gold - although the clients were convinced they had retained the legal services of Max Gold and had letters from the company which they thought confirmed this - I've now been informed that they never actually retained legal representation and that Max Gold was not acually checking the paperwork on their behalf.

16. ChrisDeCarlo

ChrisDeCarlo New Member

Hi, could you please let me have a contact phone/email for Dr Robert Lisboa? many thanks...

17. growler

growler New Member

If you have some time spare I would have a quick look at some of the other threads regarding buying off-plan on developments, because you will find many first hand experiences from investors who have been let down "big time" by various law firms.

18. MariaReyna

MariaReyna New Member

Hi everyone!

Im gonna recommend Martínez Echevarría. They have offices in Natal, Recife and Sao Paolo and their lawyers there speak Portuguese, English and Spanish. Pretty affordable.

Best regards,