Brazil: Pictures To Share With Us!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deedee1

Hi all,

Evening GW- You do have a point actually as in theres not much happening at the moment!

I know and have seen some pickies and proof that lagao de coelho and porto dos corais are in construction mode!

And that I have just received info from another poster tha grand natal golf are having a foundation ceremony on site in dec 7th and 8th this year where politicians and the local mayor etc will attend the ceremony!

I think at this point the delays are mainly to do with the legals and permit sides of things!

As this is often the case where developers are raedy to go as soon as possible and start to clear sites ready for construction- but its normally getting all the permits, planning etc into place that causes the delays and holds up the projects!

So this is clearly what is happening at the moment! and yes sometimed some developers timeframes for completion can be unrealistic as they never leave enough riggle room or contingiency time to allow for uncontrolable delays!

See ya D :)

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Here are some photos of 8 different developments in construction.

Four of them are in a town which I just heard from our contact in the town hall that the year to July 2007 average occupancy rate was 62%.

Attachments

G

Golfingworld

Excellent...where is this, what is the planned completion of this phase, what is the actual completion date..where are the satellite pics of the area, the roads, infrastructure and other amenities. If you can do all thisyou are halfway to convincing me and real buyers that it might happen when said. Much as I love to bait you Rob, you have put your money where your mouth is..or at least your buyers have! Carry on like this and I might start regarding you as professional!

G

Golfingworld

Hi all,

Evening GW- You do have a point actually as in theres not much happening at the moment!

I know and have seen some pickies and proof that lagao de coelho and porto dos corais are in construction mode!

And that I have just received info from another poster tha grand natal golf are having a foundation ceremony on site in dec 7th and 8th this year where politicians and the local mayor etc will attend the ceremony!

I think at this point the delays are mainly to do with the legals and permit sides of things!

As this is often the case where developers are raedy to go as soon as possible and start to clear sites ready for construction- but its normally getting all the permits, planning etc into place that causes the delays and holds up the projects!

So this is clearly what is happening at the moment! and yes sometimed some developers timeframes for completion can be unrealistic as they never leave enough riggle room or contingiency time to allow for uncontrolable delays!

See ya D :)

Dee, you are great Diplomat and for sure your cup is half full! I don't think most potential buyers really care the reason why, they care about seeing some action. Well, if all these constructors with fancy websites telling me that Ronhaldinho will open the new airport in 2009 had any sales sense, they would publish pics showing that what they claim is fact..or at least getting there. So instead of telling us BMI Baby 737's will be landing soon, show us the runway..you get my point!

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Excellent...where is this, what is the planned completion of this phase, what is the actual completion date..where are the satellite pics of the area, the roads, infrastructure and other amenities. If you can do all thisyou are halfway to convincing me and real buyers that it might happen when said. Much as I love to bait you Rob, you have put your money where your mouth is..or at least your buyers have! Carry on like this and I might start regarding you as professional!
As I said 8 different developments in 3 areas. All are due for completion next year or 2009. Roads, infrastructure and amenities are all there, from 5 you can walk to amenities and for 3 you need to drive a bit or more depending on what you want. Google map co-ordinates get sent to clients only, so no sat pics for here.

Sorry about not putting names next to the photos, but I get a bit bored with finding our photos on other agents sites after we have actually put the time into going there.

I did post my photos on here somewhere of Porto dos Corais a while back, all with bricks and trucks etc...

M

mitico67

Hi Dee, I've been in lago do coello on 14/09/07 and I can confirm the lake is there! Apart from that Not a single brick was on site. The agent kept telling me that they have flattened and shaped the land and I take is word for it. It's true that there is a sort of guardian that make sure that a sort of gate is kept closed. As for the pictures of Rob, I've recognized Lago Azul and there were a lot of workers doing their job and they did look on schedule to complete mid 2008. mar de Tabatinga also look on schedule and there I saw a showroom apt. I seem to recognize another development as Jacuma beach golf (maybe I'm wrong...),which also was on schedule. My concern is really with the big developments.......lots of land, lots of talks but no bricks. If people are happy to get on board at such an early stage with not a lot of hard facts, good luck!Probably they'll make much bigger gains that who invest in small projects. As always bigger gains means bigger risks. I'm not an expert that's why I try to get as much info as I can and I visited the place myself. As a small investor I just think that I'll stick with project where I can see a road is already there, people are working on site etc.

D

deedee1

:)Hi all,

You all need to remeber that Brazil was hardly even on the radars for investment until the beggining of this year!!

Apart from the large investors who went in 2-3years ago buying up large plots of land that we are staring to see are being NOW developed into big resorts!

I mean you can be as pesinistic as you like but its only you guys not the real investors who seem to think that brazil is going top develop overnight!!

Lagao de coelho- the site has been cleared and prepped for construction and tha last pictures I saw about 6 months ago proven this with trucks and diggers on site- so it must be temporarily on hold then??

Also yes- the higher the risk the higher the rewards- AS LONG AS YOU HAVE RESEARCH EXTENSIVELY AND KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING!!
NOTHING IS 100% SAFE but all you can do is research as much as possible ,weigh up the pros and cons and decided whether its for you or not! And by doing his you can at least LIMIT THE RISKS INVOLVED!!

Yes there is ALWAYS MARKETING SPIN AND RUMOURS FROM OTHERS-about celebrities etc who is doing what and where??
THIS IS A COMMON FACTOR ALL OVER THE WORLD!
But do your own research to see if these stories ARE TRUE?? Dont trust someones comments on someone youve only just met???
BASIC RULES IN LIFE- NEVER TRUST A STRANGER!!!

I Do feel that robh HAS done enough to justify hisself on the forum- And I do not understand what the problem is???

He is HELPFUL and worthy and has been a GREAT CONTRIBUTOR TO THIS FORUM!!! As like many others on here!!!

Take care all-D :)

P

Propvantage

to be quite honest, as ive mentioned before, i welcome delays...
i dont believe porto dos corais will be completed by 1st quarter next year, and i hope it isnt
i have put down a deposit, and im receiving interest on the balance, and receving capital growth on the full purchase price. the longer it takes before i have to start worrying about rentals the happier i am. anyone else share this sentiment?

N

nigelallen

I am afraid i do not share your view, what capital growth are you receiving on your full purchase price, and you still have to pay 70% for your property, what happens if the exchange rate goes against you?
just a couple of thoughts.

D

deedee1

Hi all,

PV- I know what you mean as I have a few offplan developments under my sleeve and the longer the delay in final payment the better for me!!

As like youve said id you already have the cleared funds in your bank account then its still gaining interest and the less I have to think about the rentals scenario and the headache of setting all this up etc!!

Equally capital growth is still taking place also so that is an added bonus aswell!

Also with brazil the advantage I suppose to delayed complaetion dates is that also its giving brazil more time also to carry on with putting infrastructure into place- so technically the longer you wait the better onfrastructure should be taking better shape!!

THE ONLY NEGATIVE IS IF YOU HAVE TO BORROW THE MONEY AND ARE SITTING WAITING AND RELYING ON THE RENTAL INCOME TO PAY FOR ITSELF- THATS WHEN THERE WILL BE PROBLEMS IF YOU CANT AFFORS TO SIT IT OUT AND WAIT !!

Take care-D:)

G

Golfingworld

I find it quite remarkable that investors welcome a delay in the completion of projects. I can't understand the logic of buying for investment over a set period but not wanting to take possession as soon as possible. I also don't understand why investors are not pressuring developers for answers on these issues and timescales. All developers and agents should have live webcams on their sites and updated pics showing progress, it is in their interest to do so. I would be very wary of a development if they could not produce this information. Even some of the site plans offered are very poor arial fotos with an area marked in red or yellow. I question the professionalism of these operators if that is all they can offer. What should be shown is "chapter and verse" roads in out/projected, access routes, shops, supermarkets etc etc. I can't understand why it seems to be made so easy for them to wriggle, this is not in anybody's interest as proper professional presentations will indeed enhance the area and values. Fast buck springs to mind again! If they can't even produce decent fotos of the construction process what confidence do you have that your taps will be of "high build" quality. Maybe as someone told me on another thread, they are "reputable". "Excuse me mate, are you reputable? Yes! Oh that's ok then!"

Last edited:
D

deedee1

:)Hi all,

I agree that some or most developers sites are lacking in the professional sense!

I mean I have invested in a few developments off plan in early stages and have in fact seen their webb sites improve through the course of the period!

Some have construction photos available and update them every 6 weeks , they also have on the site availability which is updated every 2 weeks etc, they have a google map link on there etc!!

Then on some other the complete opposite- no site photo or google earth link and you have to phone for availability etc!!

BUT SOME SITES LOOK SO UNPROFESSIONAL , TACKY AND SUCH HASSEL TRYING TO FIND OUT ANYTHING- SO I DONT EVEN ENTERTAIN IT!!
IF IT LOOKS BAD IT NORMALLY IS- PUTS ME OFF STRAIGHT AWAY!!

Also overseas developers need to spend a little bit of money in order to employ good companies to initially market and launch it and to design their webb sites in the uk as they will know what is required and what the uk people want and desire from a site when looking at property!

Take care-D

B

beenthere

oh look GolfXXXX, pictures of Pipa with 10% occupancy .... I can't see anyone sitting on the beach at all .... oh and these photos were taken out of season as well ....

M

mitico67

I must say that it was Sunday. Most of the turists were Brazilians. The internal market is quite vibrant, let's hope more europeans will come.

G

Golfingworld

oh look GolfXXXX, pictures of Pipa with 10% occupancy .... I can't see anyone sitting on the beach at all .... oh and these photos were taken out of season as well ....
At least you have found someone who has really been there BT!
I can't see many bricks piled up at Lago de Coelho mind you! Frankly, this is all good stuff positive or negative and anyone who is looking at Brazil will find this invaluable.

Status
Not open for further replies.