Brazil: Pictures To Share With Us!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Propvantage

the delay has not concerned me, especially seeing as though they have now started building. i have only paid a deposit on the unit, which means that i am already achieving growth on the full capital amount ie. leveraging while only having put down 30%

so from that standpoint, the longer the building takes, the happier i will be!

realistically, i dont expect the building to be complete any time soon, but again, this is no problem, as i only pay my next installment when they reach a certain point in the build.

my only concern is that i hope they dont skimp on build quality, to assure a quick build?
from what i have seen, the developer does have a pretty good track record, so im pretty confident...

i was one of the earliest purchasers, and i have been assured that my purchase includes furniture. the prices have increased since i purchased, and the furniture packs have subsequently been omitted for the latest purchases. as long as this is sustainable, i am happy that i got in early.

i highly doubt that the building delays had anything to do with "demand" from what i saw, the units were selling pretty quickly, and there is currently hardly anything left at all.

one other concern i have is regarding my sea views, i purchased a 1st floor condo, which i was told would have sea views (then again i was also told the villas will also have sea views, so lets see...)

if anyone else has any interesting comments, im all ears

P

PAUL-brasil

Paul,

While the challenges to the licenses were happening all construction had to stop. So I don't think this is a case of anyone deceiving anyone, but more a lack of communication.

I am positive I have always recommended that people get their own lawyers and do their own research, so I am not sure what you mean by that?

Regards,
Rob.
Hi Rob,
I certainly not slandering the PDC, as i certainly not enough facts/info and experience with them to do that, just questioning some inconsistances i picked up on and was going on alot from from memory from2years ago which ive stated and some emails with them, eg like the furniture, just on the behalf of the buyers on here so they can double check on it, then about the licences which i only picked up on from you because like i said i had only assumed it was more down to sales as they were giving the common sale ploy 'buy now quick as they almost sold out' 2years ago and they are still some left, but that ploy doesnt bother me its normal in most types sales.

Meant by that, ok it was a slight dig just incase you hadnt adviced in the past about using your own lawyer as MOST agents dont, i dont know if you had or hadnt as im new on here and i not going read back on everything, so since you say you have always adviced about the lawyers then i no right not to believe you so you sound better than most agents to me and also because atleast you visit you developments and know them, again better than most.

Regards
Paul

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
the delay has not concerned me, especially seeing as though they have now started building. i have only paid a deposit on the unit, which means that i am already achieving growth on the full capital amount ie. leveraging while only having put down 30%

so from that standpoint, the longer the building takes, the happier i will be!

realistically, i dont expect the building to be complete any time soon, but again, this is no problem, as i only pay my next installment when they reach a certain point in the build.

my only concern is that i hope they dont skimp on build quality, to assure a quick build?
from what i have seen, the developer does have a pretty good track record, so im pretty confident...

i was one of the earliest purchasers, and i have been assured that my purchase includes furniture. the prices have increased since i purchased, and the furniture packs have subsequently been omitted for the latest purchases. as long as this is sustainable, i am happy that i got in early.

i highly doubt that the building delays had anything to do with "demand" from what i saw, the units were selling pretty quickly, and there is currently hardly anything left at all.

one other concern i have is regarding my sea views, i purchased a 1st floor condo, which i was told would have sea views (then again i was also told the villas will also have sea views, so lets see...)

if anyone else has any interesting comments, im all ears
As far as I can tell from the plans and being there you will still get sea views, they just won't be uninterrupted.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Meant by that, ok it was a slight dig just incase you hadnt adviced in the past about using your own lawyer as MOST agents dont, i dont know if you had or hadnt as im new on here and i not going read back on everything, so since you say you have always adviced about the lawyers then i no right not to believe you so you sound better than most agents to me and also because atleast you visit you developments and know them, again better than most.

Regards
Paul
I will take that as a compliment ... :)

M

mitico67

hi Robh, for sure your people got a better understanding of the Brazilian market and have actually visited the country, the same cannot be said for lots of Uk agents that advertise on the web. I've been in touch with your colleague samantha and she has definitely been in the places that you advertise. However I'm not convinced about PDc and all the big developments that will be completed in 2-4 years. That's just me everyone got different ideas how to invest his own money...

P

PAUL-brasil

Hi Mitico,

Out of interest what are your reasons for not being conviced by big developments? Also what are your ideas?

Cheers
Paul

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
hi Robh, for sure your people got a better understanding of the Brazilian market and have actually visited the country, the same cannot be said for lots of Uk agents that advertise on the web. I've been in touch with your colleague samantha and she has definitely been in the places that you advertise. However I'm not convinced about PDc and all the big developments that will be completed in 2-4 years. That's just me everyone got different ideas how to invest his own money...
What about the smaller developments?

P

PAUL-brasil

trying to load up pics, not working?

Last edited:
P

PAUL-brasil

Dunas1.jpgDunas2.jpgDunas3.jpg

Dunas4.jpgDunas5.jpgDunas6.jpg

Dunas7.jpgDunas8.jpgDunas9.jpg

Dunas10.jpg

Mais Casa s

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mitico67

Hi Paul, the simple reason is that I'm intend to invest in Brazil with the idea to move there eventually(in a short term) to work and live for 6 months per year and I'm not just looking to invest money in real estate. if that was my reason I'd choose the european market as it's much easier logistically and financially to manage. Big developments as Lago do Coello, which I visited in September, will be ready in 3-4 years, will be made of thousand of apts, and my say in the management of the complex will be almost nil if compared to a smaller development. The time schedule is very important for me and I'm not interested in buying something that would take so long to use. The other point being that taking so long to be ready most of the agents cannot properly answer to even the most basic questions. As an example my agent for Lago Coello couldn't even show me a proper drawing of the flat chosen and what it would like, view from the building etc...In most of this huge development you risk to buy something that in theory has a certain view and in 1 year they may decide to build something else. It's true that the same can happen even in smaller development. In Pontanegra had a look at many of these skyscraper being advertised with sea view and found out that in many places another building is going to be built almost in front.

P

PAUL-brasil

Hi Paul, the simple reason is that I'm intend to invest in Brazil with the idea to move there eventually(in a short term) to work and live for 6 months per year and I'm not just looking to invest money in real estate. if that was my reason I'd choose the european market as it's much easier logistically and financially to manage. Big developments as Lago do Coello, which I visited in September, will be ready in 3-4 years, will be made of thousand of apts, and my say in the management of the complex will be almost nil if compared to a smaller development. The time schedule is very important for me and I'm not interested in buying something that would take so long to use. The other point being that taking so long to be ready most of the agents cannot properly answer to even the most basic questions. As an example my agent for Lago Coello couldn't even show me a proper drawing of the flat chosen and what it would like, view from the building etc...In most of this huge development you risk to buy something that in theory has a certain view and in 1 year they may decide to build something else. It's true that the same can happen even in smaller development. In Pontanegra had a look at many of these skyscraper being advertised with sea view and found out that in many places another building is going to be built almost in front.
Hi Mitico,
You seem mainly in agreement with me then about Offplans expect you have the extra reasons for wanting to live there shortly. If you need any extra questions about buying resales that i havent already stated then please just ask
regards
Paul

G

Golfingworld

Does anyone have any fotos of these major developments in Natal/Fortazleza actually in construction? I am curious, particularly in Natal area to see what progress has been made. I have seen alleged completion dates of mid 2008....so there might at least be a pic of a cement mixer in action? Likewise, anyone know where you can get more accurate detailed google earth type fotos of Natal area?

B

beenthere

Does anyone have any fotos of these major developments in Natal/Fortazleza actually in construction? I am curious, particularly in Natal area to see what progress has been made. I have seen alleged completion dates of mid 2008....so there might at least be a pic of a cement mixer in action? Likewise, anyone know where you can get more accurate detailed google earth type fotos of Natal area?

I thought you went on a comprehensive trip around Natal to see every resort. I was there in August just before you and I have many photos of construction sites.

So must be telling more porkies again golfxxxx ..... tsk tsk

G

Golfingworld

Yes but I am yet to see a man with a wheelbarrow, a cement mixer or a pile of bricks! So if all these developers want to prove me wrong it is easily done...just post pics of their latest developments and prove that things are really happening! In these days of modern technology it is easily done and they are all so much more sophisticated than me..so go do it developers. If they can't do it why not?

P

Propvantage

now gw, i was giving you the benefit of the doubt before. i thought you had a couple of interesting points. but this latest comment seems like a pretty wild conspiracy theory. it undermines your previous posts.
are you trying to say that all of these developers have clubbed together (in some dark windowless room) and conspired to not actually do any developing?
i have paid a 30% deposit, and before i make my next payment, there needs to be some building progress. therefore i believe it is in the developers interest to at least lay a brick or 2... or, if this evil strategy of theirs forbids any bricks being laid at all, they could at least stage something in a hollywood studio somewhere, ala NASA moonlanding conspiracy

G

Golfingworld

Prop, no conspiracy at all. Just feel that the completion dates are "ambitious". I've been up and down that coast and not yet seen a man with a wheelbarrow. If you wanted to sell a product and then sell more, wouldn't it be in your interest to show a foto of the product and say "here it is and here is the progress". Surely that is in everybody's interest? So all i have done is to challenge them to show that some of these alleged "mid 2008" completion dates are for real. If they were on schedule, why on earth would they not want to do that..all they have to do is post pics and then they can all have a laugh at my expense!

Status
Not open for further replies.