Brazil: Passports And Visa Information And News!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
I have seen that around in a few places. I do believe it is true, but it wont be implemented until sometime mid or late 2008 as there is a lot of work to do to setup all the infrastructure required to produce machine readable biometric passports, etc...

But it is good news for property and flights.....

D

deedee1

:)Hi robh,

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!!!

Great news but your right that they just need to buy and put the equiptment into place to cater for this- but like youve said it is happening but wont be for a while yet!!

Also theres no rush as the new airports and expansion to existing ones wont be ready for a few years yet either!!

See ya D

G

Golfingworld

More wishful thinking I am afraid.....

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 19):
I would think that if any U.S. airline wants to fly to FOR, REC or SSA; ANAC and INFRAERO would welcome that service.

No, they don't. AA has been asking for access to Salvador and recife for years to absolutely no results.

Quoting PRAirbus (Reply 2):
it is up to the Brazilian government authorities to allow AA fly the routes.

there is no doubt that at least AA and DL will aggressively add new routes to Brazil if given the chance. The Brazililan people should be in an uproar at being subjected to the most restrictive air service in the western Hemisphere despite the strong demand - and that tight supply means some of the highest prices for travel to/from/within Brazil.

Last edited:
B

beenthere

More wishful thinking I am afraid.....

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 19):
I would think that if any U.S. airline wants to fly to FOR, REC or SSA; ANAC and INFRAERO would welcome that service.

No, they don't. AA has been asking for access to Salvador and recife for years to absolutely no results.

Quoting PRAirbus (Reply 2):
it is up to the Brazilian government authorities to allow AA fly the routes.

there is no doubt that at least AA and DL will aggressively add new routes to Brazil if given the chance. The Brazililan people should be in an uproar at being subjected to the most restrictive air service in the western Hemisphere despite the strong demand - and that tight supply means some of the highest prices for travel to/from/within Brazil.
GolfXXXX,

I know this may sound strange but I actually agree with you on this one, but don't worry it isn't total agreement :), I just think there are a few more variables involved:

1. The usual Latin America antipathy towards the US govt., which is hardly surprising when you look at their history.
2. The US is notorious for demanding free access to other country's markets, but is also notorious for not giving much in return, so I wouldn't be surprised if this plays some part in the whole question.

But on a brighter note Lula is always doing the unexpected, as you might remember when he got voted in the first time he promised to give the finger to the IMF, but instead he started paying his IMF loans off early.

BT

G

Golfingworld

Wow, I am off to the pub to celebrate BT, now I feel like we are old friends and hunting partners. I have been banging on with my sweeping statements for a month now and at last I am getting through ref flight access. The plus side is when this market does finally open up it will explode, my guess is 7/10 years as once develpments open and nobody can get there something will have to give. The crunch will come when all these new properties come on stream and pressure will grow..Europe will be the first to gain access as there is less politics and Visa restrictions. But anyone who buys now and thinks they will be flooded with rentals is just plain crazy.

B

beenthere

Wow, I am off to the pub to celebrate BT, now I feel like we are old friends and hunting partners. I have been banging on with my sweeping statements for a month now and at last I am getting through ref flight access. The plus side is when this market does finally open up it will explode, my guess is 7/10 years as once develpments open and nobody can get there something will have to give. The crunch will come when all these new properties come on stream and pressure will grow..Europe will be the first to gain access as there is less politics and Visa restrictions. But anyone who buys now and thinks they will be flooded with rentals is just plain crazy.
I have a tear in my eye while I write this ... :)

For rentals depends where you buy, but the big gains will definitely be capital growth. I think the flight demand from owners will force some changes before 7-10 years, look at Lagoa de Cohleo, that has 12 thousand units when the last phase will be complete in I think 4 years, which means an extra 12 thousand owners or thereabouts, wanting to get there. But I suppose only time will tell....

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Wow, I am off to the pub too!!!

I think I will get a press release written something like this:

"Voice of Doom gives thumbs up to Brazil Property (with caveats)"

Status
Not open for further replies.