• Not

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nigelallen

Hi all,

I've also dipped into the Brazil market - I'm confident that it's a sound med/long term inveestment though there are potential pitfalls as already stated in this thread. I've reserved a 2-bed in Fortaleza, some land (with p permission) near Salvador and I'm about to move ahead with elegance grand natal golf.

I'm putting a lot of faith in this market - I'm not incredibly wealthy by any stretch so I need it to work. I've also specualted in the Malaysian market with a unit on the golden palm and Banyan Curve. More established, I've got a couple of 2 bed in Paphos that have done very nicely in the last 3/4 years.

I have been looking at Egypt as well, looks very very cheap so need to do hellavu lot more DD but at that price (with decent payment terms) its not a massive gamble.

My money is stretched so one of the above may have to give - if you had to choose Banyan Curve (at pre launch) or elegance GNG (at current prices) what would you go for??

Cheers
YeboC
Hi Yeboc,

I heard this week that 2 PGA golf courses have passed planning approval to be built north and south of Prair Do Forte so i think your land (salvador) is a very good investment, Shame its not in property as Salvador area has a solid existing tourism base and is increasing every year, people should get around 15% - 20% ROI in Rentals, if not, you've paid over the odds,
Cheers.
Nigel

D

deedee1

:)Hi Boah,

You have been busy lately havent you- are you a serious investor or just caught the property bus like a few and then found that you couldnt stop and kept buying more....???? ;)

Brazil- has an element of risk but is also a long term investment I think- plus it depends on what your budget is and when you intend on selling on!

Banyan -dont know much sorry but also a longterm option!

waffled a bit -sorry couldnt help much!!

HAPPY HUNTING- GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CHOICES!!

See ya D :)

P.S-If you have the spare cash and take risks then ALBANIA & NICARAGUA will be very rewarding in the long term- investors behind the scenes are starting to make their move!
Large land plots are the best bet that will really pay off in either the capital cities or beachfront only at this point!!
Still early days yet- but the earlier the better!!

P

PeixeGato

Hey D,

What kind of prices are you seeing in the beach areas of Nicaragua? Are you thinking Nicaragua will be the next Costa Rica?

Greg

D

deedee1

:)Hi Greg,

Not sure as Ive never been to cosat rica before- but Ive heard its faboulous and is drawing lots of investment and traveller interest there!

The way I see it is it next door to it, shares the same coastline and weather, underdeveloped etc-so why not??

Ive only seen minimal land and property for sale there at the moment- some nice ebach villas plots with consent starting from around £15-20,000 ( $30-40k)

So far its a market untouched- and could prosper over the next few years- investors and developers are eyeing it up so its only a matter of time surely??

D

deedee1

Re: News Article!!

:)Hi all,

Found yet agin another great article proving the status of brazils growing economy!

Brazil at 'full investment grade' in 2008
Wednesday, 30 May 2007 09:23
In the next 18 months Brazil is set to reach "full investment grade" Printer friendly version In the next 18 months Brazil is set to reach "full investment grade" a top fund manager has predicted.

The South American country has received a number of upgrades by investment rating agencies such as Fitch and Standards & Poor's (S&P),and strong economic progress means the country could soon reach full investment grade - making Brazil far more attractive to investors and potentially boosting growth.

"The ratings upgrades were driven by a steady improvement in Brazil's macro economic fundamentals that had led to the continued decline in Brazil's fiscal and external vulnerabilities," explained Luiz Ribeiro, manager of the HSBC GIF Brazil equity fund.

"Buoyed by record commodity exports and foreign investment in Brazil's bond and equity markets, foreign reserves have reached a record high of US$122 billion. Meanwhile, president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva remains committed to further reducing these vulnerabilities during his second term in office."

S&P raised its long-term foreign sovereign credit rating for Brazil to BB+ and its local currency sovereign credit rating to BBB on May 16th 2007. This move followed similar upgrades from Fitch.

If it achieves full investment grade Brazil becomes open to a large number of new institutional investors and cuts the cost of credit, potentially stimulating faster economic growth within the country.

And the picture could improve further.

"Inflation is now under control with 2006 year end inflation of 3.1 per cent being at the lower end of the inflation-targeting band. Interest rates continue to fall and are expected to decline further while credit availability has improved and real salaries have increased," Mr Ribeiro said.

"Provided that there is no major slowdown in the global economy and that the improvements we have seen to date continue, Brazil should gain its 'full investment grade' status by the end of 2008."

Brazil is the last of the Bric investment group (Brazil, Russia, India, and China) to reach full investment grade status, with S&P rating India at full investment grade at the start of the year ending a 15-year hiatus.

Brazil's equity market has risen 262 per cent in US dollar terms in the three years to April 30th 2007.

N

nigelallen

:)Hi all,

Found yet agin another great article proving the status of brazils growing economy!

Brazil at 'full investment grade' in 2008
Wednesday, 30 May 2007 09:23
In the next 18 months Brazil is set to reach "full investment grade" Printer friendly version In the next 18 months Brazil is set to reach "full investment grade" a top fund manager has predicted.

The South American country has received a number of upgrades by investment rating agencies such as Fitch and Standards & Poor's (S&P),and strong economic progress means the country could soon reach full investment grade - making Brazil far more attractive to investors and potentially boosting growth.

"The ratings upgrades were driven by a steady improvement in Brazil's macro economic fundamentals that had led to the continued decline in Brazil's fiscal and external vulnerabilities," explained Luiz Ribeiro, manager of the HSBC GIF Brazil equity fund.

"Buoyed by record commodity exports and foreign investment in Brazil's bond and equity markets, foreign reserves have reached a record high of US$122 billion. Meanwhile, president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva remains committed to further reducing these vulnerabilities during his second term in office."

S&P raised its long-term foreign sovereign credit rating for Brazil to BB+ and its local currency sovereign credit rating to BBB on May 16th 2007. This move followed similar upgrades from Fitch.

If it achieves full investment grade Brazil becomes open to a large number of new institutional investors and cuts the cost of credit, potentially stimulating faster economic growth within the country.

And the picture could improve further.

"Inflation is now under control with 2006 year end inflation of 3.1 per cent being at the lower end of the inflation-targeting band. Interest rates continue to fall and are expected to decline further while credit availability has improved and real salaries have increased," Mr Ribeiro said.

"Provided that there is no major slowdown in the global economy and that the improvements we have seen to date continue, Brazil should gain its 'full investment grade' status by the end of 2008."

Brazil is the last of the Bric investment group (Brazil, Russia, India, and China) to reach full investment grade status, with S&P rating India at full investment grade at the start of the year ending a 15-year hiatus.

Brazil's equity market has risen 262 per cent in US dollar terms in the three years to April 30th 2007.

A great article on Brazil in today's Sunday mail (9-9-2007) in the financial section page 3, really worth a look.
Cheers.
Nigel

D

deedee1

:)Hi nigel,

Yeah spotted it today- news just keeps getting better and better!!:D

L

Lua Brisa

Hi all,

GW- I see you avoided my response to the safety statistics???I s that because I am talking facts now and therefore you dare not to criticise or challenge these FACTS as you will be gunned down in flames??

Also the bridge will service all mankind so there is no issue here apart from the one that you are persistant to create!!!

FACT- The brazilian government choose not to invest more as it has been a slow process for them -THEY HAVE STATED that they are handing over the further build and development of the airport to a private company to finish as they will build it QUICKER and to a better quality!!
The reason is because in brazil the aviation authority is made up of TWO companies that currently operate it- The military and an aviation company-This is why there are so many problems with aviation in brazil as they are made up of two bodies who struggle to communicate, negotiate and work together on every level!!
Brazil knows this hence why they are trying to change this and are tring to create ONE aviation authority and body only to head brazils aviation- instead of two!!!!

RESIDENTs- As far as Im concerned brazil is a country that WILL NEED tourism to grow, along with its exports and enegy supply that it has to offer- these are the 3 things that analyists have predicted is what will make brazil one of the main economies in many years to come!!!
So to predict this and STILL GO ON ABOUT "WHOS GOING TO GO THERE??? AND HOW CAN YOU FLY THERE ....????Yadah.... Yadah......Yadah!!!
Still seems to be unrealistic to me...!!

I agree that there is a bit of possible overhype about brazil.....But all the anylists and Stats surely cant be wrong... and you are the only one whos right...????:rolleyes:

Look we need more, facts figures and economic indicators instead of "
"he said , she said"- Its wearing very thin with me now!!

Dear Dee,

New to the forum, as of today, could you inform me about interesting analyst reports? I have been bying in Ceara in Caponga and Fleicheiras. I am preparing a Ceara investment factsheet to proceed my investments in a more fact based manner.

Regards,

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.