Brazil Flight Info

J

jamphi24

Hi Guys thought I would start this up again as have found details of the flights from Cape Verde to Brazil.
Also thought I would share all the available routes I know. This is aimed at the North East of Brazil other people please feel free to ad/edit this for other parts of Brazil also.

London - Lisbon - Natal or Fortaleza - TAP - Around £700 return
Amsterdam - Natal or Fortaleza - Arkefly/Flybrazil - Around EUR700 return
Frankfurt - Recife - Condor - Around EUR600 return
London - Cape Verde - Fortaleza - Thompson then TACV - around £250+ R$1700
Rome - Fortaleza - Air Italy - around EUR750 return
Stockholm - Natal - Ving.se - about SEK4.5k-SEK7k
Oslo - Natal - Ving.no NOK10k
Milan - Recife/Fortaleza - Livingston Air - EUR800

Internal flights in the North East are around £100 each way.

Last edited:
R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Guys thought I would start this up again as have found details of the flights from Cape Verde to Brazil.
Also thought I would share all the available routes I know. This is aimed at the North East of Brazil other people please feel free to ad/edit this for other parts of Brazil also.

London - Lisbon - Natal or Fortaleza - TAP - Around £700 return
Amsterdam - Natal or Fortaleza - Arkefly/Flybrazil - Around EUR700 return
Frankfurt - Recife - Condor - Around EUR600 return
London - Cape Verde - Fortaleza - Thompson then TACV - around £250+ R$1700
Rome - Fortaleza - Air Italy - around EUR750 return

Internal flights in the North East are around £100 each way.
To Natal there is a Swedish charter called Ving and a Norwegian charter as well which i can't remember the name of.

There is also a weekly charter from Milan to Natal.

BTW Debzor, one of our clients rang Thomson and they told him they will be doing packages to Natal again but not flight only.

Regards,
Rob.

J

jamphi24

Hi, Thanks for that. Wasn't aware of those.
One flies Stockholm Natal Ving.se - about SEK7k
The other is Oslo Natal Ving.no swedish one seems much cheaper though. About NOK10k
Milan - Recife/Fortaleza is Livingston Air, About EUR800 They have Natal but no flights?

With regards to Thompson this is what I was told:
Thank you for your e-mail

Unfortunately Thomson Airways took the decision to cancel their route to
Brazil due to lack of customer demand.
There is also no decision as to whether we will offer Brazil again in
the future.

Last edited:
R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi, Thanks for that. Wasn't aware of those.
One flies Stockholm Natal Ving.se - about SEK7k
The other is Oslo Natal Ving.no swedish one seems much cheaper though. About NOK10k
Milan - Recife/Fortaleza is Livingston Air, About EUR800 They have Natal but no flights?

With regards to Thompson this is what I was told:
Thank you for your e-mail

Unfortunately Thomson Airways took the decision to cancel their route to
Brazil due to lack of customer demand.
There is also no decision as to whether we will offer Brazil again in
the future.
Sorry, I thought it was Debzor who was sent the email.

The problem I have with both your email and what my client was told is that neither come from the people who make the decisions.

I personally think that Thomson will not fly there this year as there isn't the market for it in the UK because of the state of the UK economy. Since Arkefly (same company as Thomson) does still fly to Natal and have all the reps and infrastructure in Natal it won't be difficult for Thomson to start again when things get better.

Regards,
Rob.

J

jamphi24

Have to say I agree with you. TUI are actually one of my clients though and I have quizzed people in much higher up places and so far it isn't good news. The whole operation is pretty much being slowly moved over to a Gatwick base so maybe when that progresses further they will make some further decisions

debzor

debzor

...and if we are considering connections through other countries, you can also do Miami - Salvador - Recife - Miami with American Airlines, or Atlanta - Recife - Fortaleza - Atlanta with Delta.

Both Miami and Atlanta have excellent Eurpoean connections.

debzor

debzor

To Natal there is a Swedish charter called Ving and a Norwegian charter as well which i can't remember the name of.

There is also a weekly charter from Milan to Natal.

BTW Debzor, one of our clients rang Thomson and they told him they will be doing packages to Natal again but not flight only.

Regards,
Rob.
This is most unfortunate - there is an existing demand for a UK to NE Brazil flight only service, which will only increase over time.

But which company is going to stick their neck out currently to benefit in the futue?

A

az08

Im looking to go to back BH from London for 2 weeks from the weekend april 4th...best price seems to be about £750 with TAP...anyone know anything cheaper? And would it be better to book now, or wait a couple of weeks?

A

az08

Hi AZ
You should be able to get it cheaper than that even using TAP
Try Cheap flights & hotels | car hire | package holidays - TravelSupermarket UK
Others are opodo, terminal A do a search and you should get cheaper.
I am looking to go to BH end of April early May time and I looked and saw some at £565 but is 2 stops instead of one and total journey time is around 20 hours.
If you get anything cheaper let me know - happy hunting
Thanks for the info.

THe cheapest flight that comes up on there is about £650, but when selected, it says its not available any more :(

Ill keep searching!

K

Kliffy

This is most unfortunate - there is an existing demand for a UK to NE Brazil flight only service, which will only increase over time.

But which company is going to stick their neck out currently to benefit in the futue?
Whenever I flew Gatwick > Natal on Thomson it was always full? ... I guess in reality we are unlikely to see more direct charters from Europe until the new airport opens (cir. late 2010/11) and hopefully carrier restrictions are relaxed as the desire for increased tourism increases ....

T

theadebo

The government is working on reducing/lifting carrier restrictions on international flights into Brazil and generally deregulating the market. It was on the house (or what ever they call it here) agenda last year and this. I know that it is something that the government is keen to do as I heard El Presidente Lula speaking on the subject again about 3 weeks ago.

The Brazilian government are working hard to increase mass tourism. They are about to undertake a large international marketing campaign (radio, TV, press advertising etc) across the globe. I forget the exact budget but it was in the tens of millions of dollars.

The deregulated international flight market should introduce more competition and with the removal of government price fixing we should see the introduction of competition on price too. Hopefully the marketing strategy will attract both carriers and passengers.

J

jamphi24

The government is working on reducing/lifting carrier restrictions on international flights into Brazil and generally deregulating the market.
Hi can I ask what the restrictions are they have now?

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
The ones I know of...

There is a restriction on how many passengers can go into the US per year which I think was put in place after 2001. It was bumped up about six months ago, but I am not sure what to.

There are also minimum pricing rules, but I don't know what they currently are or even if they are still in effect.

debzor

debzor

I heard a story a while ago, that certain airports have an agreement with TAP to restrict the number of other international carriers, and then TAP will maintain a full service.

Not sure if there is any truth, but would this account for apparently successful routes being dropped, like Thomson to Natal and Condor to Recife?

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
FYI

TAP Brazil reductions

As per GDS timetable display on 16MAR09, TAP Portugal has reduced the following Brazilian service.

Lisbon - Sao Paulo
Frequency has been reduced from 11 to 9 weekly, with TP193/194 only operating on Day 57.

Service to be restored to 11 weekly from 29MAY09

Lisbon - Rio de Janeiro
Frequency has been reduced to 9 weekly, with TP175/176 operating on Day 26. (Day 46 from 09APR09)

From it'll be restoring the frequencies back to 12 weekly from 30MAY09

Lisbon - Belo Horizonte
Service reduced from 5 to 4 weekly. To be restored from 27MAY09

Lisbon - Brasilia
Service reducing from Daily to 6 weekly (Day x2) from 07APR09 to 26MAY09

Lisbon - Fortaleza
Service reduced from Daily to 6 weekly (Day x2; excluding extra services for late-March/early-April) until 27MAY09

Lisbon - Recife
Service reduced from Daily to 6 weekly (Day x3) from 06MAY09 to 27MAY09

Lisbon - Natal
Service reduced from 5 weekly to 4 weekly till 28MAY09

debzor

debzor

FYI

TAP Brazil reductions

As per GDS timetable display on 16MAR09, TAP Portugal has reduced the following Brazilian service.

Lisbon - Sao Paulo
Frequency has been reduced from 11 to 9 weekly, with TP193/194 only operating on Day 57.

Service to be restored to 11 weekly from 29MAY09

Lisbon - Rio de Janeiro
Frequency has been reduced to 9 weekly, with TP175/176 operating on Day 26. (Day 46 from 09APR09)

From it'll be restoring the frequencies back to 12 weekly from 30MAY09

Lisbon - Belo Horizonte
Service reduced from 5 to 4 weekly. To be restored from 27MAY09

Lisbon - Brasilia
Service reducing from Daily to 6 weekly (Day x2) from 07APR09 to 26MAY09

Lisbon - Fortaleza
Service reduced from Daily to 6 weekly (Day x2; excluding extra services for late-March/early-April) until 27MAY09

Lisbon - Recife
Service reduced from Daily to 6 weekly (Day x3) from 06MAY09 to 27MAY09

Lisbon - Natal
Service reduced from 5 weekly to 4 weekly till 28MAY09
I vaguely recall the same thing happening last year - a sort of small cut back in services between the Southern & Northern Hemisphere summers in response to a seasonal drop in demand?

What do you mean by day x2 and 3?

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
I vaguely recall the same thing happening last year - a sort of small cut back in services between the Southern & Northern Hemisphere summers in response to a seasonal drop in demand?

What do you mean by day x2 and 3?
They did it last year as well.

I don't know exactly what is meant by "Day x2" or "Day x3" but I assume that it means day 2 is cut or day 3 is cut.

D

Dotty

Banned
I'd like to know what airline companies are still flying to Natal from Europe(except TAP),what days,times and naturally the ticket prices.

Thanks

D