Brazil Flight Info

A

Adriano

But unfortunately it is the Natal route who stops and moves to Joao Pessoa! :hmmmm2:

debzor

debzor

Yes it is the case. They will still do hotel/pousada deals in Natal and Pipa which means a pretty long transfer to Natal but the transfer to Pipa will only be 1/2 hour longer.

Regards,
Rob.
Do you know if it will be the same plane, or a change in Fortaleza?

Last I heard the runway in JP is not long enough for international flights, although the stop in Fortaleza might make a difference? I am no aviation expert.

debzor

debzor

I am not sure either. They were landing international flights in Porto Seguro at one stage and that is a pretty short runway, i.e. full power bone rattling reverse thrust to stop.
Given that Fortaleza is a popular destination for foreigners, I wonder whether Arkefly are expecting sufficient people to disembark there, and make the plane light enough to land at JP?

They could even restrict the number of tickets to JP to control the numbers flying onward, I imagine?

J

JMBroad

Given that Fortaleza is a popular destination for foreigners, I wonder whether Arkefly are expecting sufficient people to disembark there, and make the plane light enough to land at JP?

They could even restrict the number of tickets to JP to control the numbers flying onward, I imagine?
If they have been able to land in Madeira islands airport (whose runways were until very recently 1.400 meters long) without any major incidents they should have no problem landing in Joao pessoa. The runway in Madeira is now 2.800 metres long and when landing the planes don't seem to use even half of the runway. (I grew up in Madeira and the airport was known as one of the toughest to land on in the world hence the comparison).

Joao Pessoa's runways are (according to the official Infraero statistics) 2.515 metres long so there shouldn't be any need to reduce weight and passengers.

J

JPD

Hi

JP airport is long enough for the Airbus and the Boeings that Arkefly use. And ,,,,,,,,,,,,, we used to use the Natal Amsterdam flight a lot, great staff and of course cheap to hop Amsterdam to local UK airports.

No more driving to Natal to get our flights !!! Yippppeeeeeeee !!!

JB

J

JPD

Yipppeeeeeee

Hi

JP airport is long enough for the Airbus and the Boeings that Arkefly use. And ,,,,,,,,,,,,, we used to use the Natal Amsterdam flight a lot, great staff and of course cheap to hop Amsterdam to local UK airports.

JB

K

Kliffy

Hi

... until Sao Goncalo opens!!

K

Kliffy

Anyone know flight availability, cost and duration Joao Pessoa > Natal ?

J

JMBroad

Yup, about two and a half hours.

In the meantime, I just got the following flight:

Natal to Sao Paulo (stayed for four days),Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro (staying for four days as well),back to Natal

Flights, taxes, etc cost me R$ 560,00 per person.

debzor

debzor

There seems to be a problem with the Arkefly Amsterdam to JP flight starting on 6th April - it has been cancelled.

Some friends are booked on it, and were asked to pay an additional 45 euros per person, each way, for a transfer from Natal to JP, as the flight has been cancelled.

On the website it appears that the flight may now start in June, and my friends were told by Arkefly that JP airport is not yet ready for the flight to start. Long enough runway or not, clearly there is some hitch at JP airport preventing international flights at the moment.

debzor

debzor

Unbelievable!

JP flight from Schipol cancelled; BA cabin crew strike, with flights delayed and cancelled; TAP pilots strike just averted, but with flights affected; TAP flights to many Brazil airpoprts in the NE at record prices (please counter this TAP, if I am wrong).

Where are the low cost airlines for whom just such crises lead to new opportunities and routes?

debzor

debzor

Jp flight isn't cancelled isit? starts june?
OK, the flights on 6th April, 13th April, 20th April, 27th April, 4th May, 11th May, 18th May, 25th May, 1st June and 8th June have all been cancelled already.

Clearly you were not booked on any of these, or you would understand people's annoyance and disappointment.

J

jamphi24

Apologies, I thought you meant it had been completely cancelled. I understand the frustration. The flight still goes to natal though doesn't it?

debzor

debzor

Apologies, I thought you meant it had been completely cancelled. I understand the frustration. The flight still goes to natal though doesn't it?
I think the frustration being experienced by passengers on the cancelled flights is that they thought they were booking flights that go to JP, but now are being asked to pay an extra 45euros per person, each way, to be bussed from Natal to JP!

Last edited:
J

jamphi24

Some good news about flights to Natal....

I was just having breakfast in a cafe in Pipa this morning and ran into to a friend who owns 2 hotels in Pipa. He was on his way to have a meeting with a charter operator who is setting up a charter from Madrid to Natal to start in June.

I don't know any more details yet.

Regards,
Rob.

Hi,
Is there any more on this? Does anyone know the name of the company?
Thanks