Brazil Flight Info

K

Kliffy

Best I have just booked LHR > LIS > NATAL (return) is £632 with TAP ....

K

Kliffy

What with the World Cup & The Olympics .. pressure must be on to get Natal's new airport finished and up and running!!! and hopefully more carriers and cheaper prices?

A little bird tells me Thomas Cook are already considering this as an option ....

J

jamphi24

A friend of mine flew out here and arrived yesterday for a couple of weeks holiday and he booked a flight from Belgium to Natal and back again for around 500 € but I forget which carrier he's using - I'll try and find out.
If you find out i'd be interested to know.

Thanks

J

JMBroad

I'll get the details later on this evening and post them here. He had to fly very specific dates but was worth it for the price.

debzor

debzor

Hi there!
I gotta say sorry!
The flight discontinues Recife on the 24th according to the guys at Delta.
After all that, it now appears that Delta have dropped their flights from Atlanta to Recife AND Fortaleza??

J

JMBroad

He got a flight from Brussels to Lisbon to Natal with TAP and with all taxes etc included it came to 750 €

J

JMBroad

“Government presents schedule for the International Airport of Sao Gonçalo do Amarante

Based on previous conversation with President Lula and Minister Dilma Roussef, minister Alexandre Padilha assured the state government that the airport in São Gonçalo do Amarante will go ahead as planned and presented a schedule saying that the runways will be completed in December of this year, the courtyard of the airport will be completed in June 2010 and also in June the private sector project will start construction of the terminal.

The notice which will promote competition among potential partners will be launched in January 2010. Governor Wilma de Faria has not granted an interview about the meeting, but said, through the Secretary of State for Communication, Rubens Lemos Filho, that they are satisfied with the position and the guarantees provided by the minister. He has also said that the federal government understands the airport as being of fundamental importance for the World Cup 2014. “He said there is no possibility that the airport will not be ready”; said Lemos.”

Was in the todays "Tribuna do Norte" newspaper

J

Jamie Mac

Livingston has prices of €167 (one way) from Milan or Rome to Fortaleza... Jamie

J

Jamie Mac

Forgot to add.. they offer 30kg of baggage allowance, pretty good, especially if your traveling with sports gear. Jamie

Z

ZambeziDave

Gatwick - Lisbon - Salvador return £565. (Same price to Heathrow - I choice Gatwick on outward leg as it doesn't mean a 4+ hour wait at Lisbon)
Best thing is very generous luggage allowance - 2 pieces of hold luggage with a maximum weight per item of 23 kgs.
David.

A

az08

Gatwick - Lisbon - Salvador return £565. (Same price to Heathrow - I choice Gatwick on outward leg as it doesn't mean a 4+ hour wait at Lisbon)
Best thing is very generous luggage allowance - 2 pieces of hold luggage with a maximum weight per item of 23 kgs.
David.
Would be an idea to post who with :p

M

Matida Fernandes

“Government presents schedule for the International Airport of Sao Gonçalo do Amarante

Based on previous conversation with President Lula and Minister Dilma Roussef, minister Alexandre Padilha assured the state government that the airport in São Gonçalo do Amarante will go ahead as planned and presented a schedule saying that the runways will be completed in December of this year, the courtyard of the airport will be completed in June 2010 and also in June the private sector project will start construction of the terminal.

The notice which will promote competition among potential partners will be launched in January 2010. Governor Wilma de Faria has not granted an interview about the meeting, but said, through the Secretary of State for Communication, Rubens Lemos Filho, that they are satisfied with the position and the guarantees provided by the minister. He has also said that the federal government understands the airport as being of fundamental importance for the World Cup 2014. “He said there is no possibility that the airport will not be ready”; said Lemos.”

Was in the todays "Tribuna do Norte" newspaper
Tribuna do Norte today: "A group of British investor has landed in Natal yesterday for a 2 days visit and meetings about investing in Natal. Their interest also includes the new aiport of São Gonçalo do Amarante and other investments regarding to the World Cup."

D

DGM42

The prices for flights to Brasil from UK over the Christmas and new year period are ridicuously high and if you want to fly from Brasil to UK are even higher.

London to Belo Horizonte £1270 return with TAM flying out 26/12 which is cheaper
TAP price is £1800 and all the other carriers are quoting over £1000 to Rio or Sao Paulo

Absolutely crazy prices, when I went in October I only paid £400
I think the end is nigh for any budget prices and with the stong Real it makes it far more expensive to go as often now.

M

Matida Fernandes

The prices for flights to Brasil from UK over the Christmas and new year period are ridicuously high and if you want to fly from Brasil to UK are even higher.

London to Belo Horizonte £1270 return with TAM flying out 26/12 which is cheaper
TAP price is £1800 and all the other carriers are quoting over £1000 to Rio or Sao Paulo

Absolutely crazy prices, when I went in October I only paid £400
I think the end is nigh for any budget prices and with the stong Real it makes it far more expensive to go as often now.

Are you sure about those ridiculous prices. Just as a coincidence, I have a friend going from Natal to London e another coming from London to Natal one on the 28th and the other on the 30th. There is a tiny diference in between them, but they are paying around £760. Make sure to try the oficial Tap website, the last few times I bought was cheaper then averywhere else.

D

DGM42

Are you sure about those ridiculous prices. Just as a coincidence, I have a friend going from Natal to London e another coming from London to Natal one on the 28th and the other on the 30th. There is a tiny diference in between them, but they are paying around £760. Make sure to try the oficial Tap website, the last few times I bought was cheaper then averywhere else.
The prices are correct, this was from TAM website all other sites were more expensive. The 28th is cheaper but I need to be there before this as going to Buzios for the new year

I go to Brasil about 6 times a year and have TAP and TAM frequent flyer miles and with Air France which you can't use over Christmas - well not on the 26th Dec I have tried.
This is the most expensive I have ever paid and can't see how they justify these prices whena couple of weeks later prices are £400 cheaper.
It is pure profiteering by the airlines and is a total cartel as they are all colluding

J

jamphi24

Hey,
I don't suppose if anyone has heard if direct flights from London to Natal are likely to happen again? The rumour was they were due to start again in 2010?

K

Kliffy

Hey,
I don't suppose if anyone has heard if direct flights from London to Natal are likely to happen again? The rumour was they were due to start again in 2010?
Nothing on the radar! and would not expect to see direct flights until the global recession is history and Natal's new airport is operational.

A

aneill

More flight info

...and if we are considering connections through other countries, you can also do Miami - Salvador - Recife - Miami with American Airlines, or Atlanta - Recife - Fortaleza - Atlanta with Delta.

Both Miami and Atlanta have excellent Eurpoean connections.

"The Delta flight now goes non-stop from Atlanta-Fortaleza-Atlanta but limited service per week. I think there's only one weekly flight at the moment.
I also have a client here in Fortaleza who came American Airlines-Salvador-Fortaleza...with the Salvador connection being on TAM. On arrival at Miami from LA, American promptly lost his luggage when the plane arrived just in time for him to sprint to the gate for the flight to Salvador. His bags didn't make it and he was just one of 10 passengers who suffered the same fate. That was 2 days ago and he won't have ihs luggage back until at least Friday!
By the way, you can also go with TAM from Miami-Belem-Manaus(station stops)-Fortaleza"

C

clicklisa

New Flight : Amsterdam - Joao Pessoa

Just found out ArkeFly are starting a new route Amsterdam - Joao Pessoa on Tuesdays from 6 April. I think there's a quick stop in Fortaleza.