Brazil Flight Info

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
That 's great! Let's hope the airline companies really will reduce their o.t.t. prices.
It only takes one to drop the price by a small amount and then the rest will follow.....

D

DGM42

That 's great! Let's hope the airline companies really will reduce their o.t.t. prices.
Yes please lets hope so.
I travel to Brazil about 6 times a year at least and it is so expensive, I can travel to most other countries cheaper.

D

Dotty

Banned
Still waiting for cut price tickets.Prices are increasing and not decreasing .It's all gone quiet on the Thomson flight poop,but will they be flying here or not(q key out) any info welcome.
Yes please lets hope so.
I travel to Brazil about 6 times a year at least and it is so expensive, I can travel to most other countries cheaper.

D

dhoskings

Still waiting for cut price tickets.Prices are increasing and not decreasing .It's all gone quiet on the Thomson flight poop,but will they be flying here or not(q key out) any info welcome.
Prices might be increasing, but that could be becuase it is nearly high season :rolleyes:

D

Dotty

Banned
Yes July is approaching but do you not think it will be better to have cheaper flight options so more properties can be sold in the touristy regions or at least tourists can visit Brasil without paying the earth to get her.Just a suggestion..............:eek::eek:
Prices might be increasing, but that could be becuase it is nearly high season :rolleyes:

D

dhoskings

Yes July is approaching but do you not think it will be better to have cheaper flight options so more properties can be sold in the touristy regions or at least tourists can visit Brasil without paying the earth to get her.Just a suggestion..............:eek::eek:
If it meant keeping you out of Brazil I would say no to lower fares, but unfortanately you are already here. :rolleyes:

D

Dotty

Banned
TAP,have a flight promotion from July 18th-30th August! If you fly from Rio OR SP you will pay 100,00 less than from Natal,but you need to fly there 1st.The promotion from Natal to Europe will give you a paltry 100 discount!

T

timatthebeach

cant remember which but iberia or lufthansa have sale on saw flights under £500 return to rio. then jump on webjet or azul north. if you can get flight on azul would be cery cheap however i think they only fly out of the smaller rio airport cant remember name...........

debzor

debzor

TAP recently changed their direct flights into Recife & Salvador: they now fly Lisbon - Recife - Salvador, and the reverse on the return leg. This, from an international carrier, emulates the routes opened last year to Recife, Salvador and Fortaleza by American and Delta.

Maybe they are trying to maintain the number of flights but increase the viablity of each in the current world economic climate, by linking Brazilian destinations.

Could we see Lisbon - Natal - Fortaleza, or even Lisbon - Natal - Recife? This should also serve to help reduce the cost of flights.

D

DGM42

Just booked a flight London to BH with TAM £580 was best price I could find TAP was over £700. I may make a trip to Natal, Fortaleza area, not sure yet depends on internal flights and what else my fiancee has planned.

J

JMBroad

We just got a flight for 600 € from Natal - Lisbon - Natal, seemed pretty decent

T

theadebo

The Brazilian government is starting to loosen its grip on international airline tickets including those to the United States and Europe. From now on airlines will be able to charge up to 20% less than the minimum established by the� National Agency of Civil Aviation (ANAC),as announced Wednesday, April 22.

In July, discounts allowed will reach 50% and in October, 80%. It's expected that in one year ANAC will let the market decide what price to charge, without any restriction.
This has been on the cards for ages, well the three years that I have lived in Brasil at least. In fact I refer to it on page two of this discussion thread. It is however nice to finally have a timetable for the freeing up of international air travel in to and out of Brasil.

Let´s hope that competition sets the price and not yet another airline price fixing cartel.

D

Dotty

Banned
As much as I 'd love to see reasonable price reductions to Brasil-I actually cannot envisage it in the very NEAR future. Everything takes forever in Brasil ................

Although ,I did check flights to the U.S and they can be purchased for 1,300 reais return!!Natal-U.S 3,000 and only for the mth of July and even then you have to take a labourious coach journey when you reach Miami!

With Natal being chosen as one of the W.C cities we will be able to see how they handle flight demands .They have 5 yrs to get in gear...........................Let's hope they produce.

This has been on the cards for ages, well the three years that I have lived in Brasil at least. In fact I refer to it on page two of this discussion thread. It is however nice to finally have a timetable for the freeing up of international air travel in to and out of Brasil.

Let´s hope that competition sets the price and not yet another airline price fixing cartel.

debzor

debzor

As much as I 'd love to see reasonable price reductions to Brasil-I actually cannot envisage it in the very NEAR future. Everything takes forever in Brasil ................

Although ,I did check flights to the U.S and they can be purchased for 1,300 reais return!!Natal-U.S 3,000 and only for the mth of July and even then you have to take a labourious coach journey when you reach Miami!

With Natal being chosen as one of the W.C cities we will be able to see how they handle flight demands .They have 5 yrs to get in gear...........................Let's hope they produce.
Hi Dotty,

I am a little confused by your comments - return to the US around R$1300 seems reasonable, but what do you mean 'laborious coach journey' on arrival in Miami, or does this price include accomodation and transfer?

I presume your price is Recife to Miami, so why the big increase from Natal - just drive down of fly to Recife - not expensive - certainly not an extra R$1700.

I also doubt the WC will effect flight prices in a downwards direction at all. More likely that for a 6 week period in 2014 prices will increase! Certainly I agree Brasil as a whole will need to gear up for the increase in traffic!

D

DGM42

My heart goes out to the family and friends of the Air France crash, a lot of us on this forum fly this route, not necessarily with the same airline but this could have happened to any of us.
Mother nature it seems always wins.
RIP our thoughts are with you

debzor

debzor

My heart goes out to the family and friends of the Air France crash, a lot of us on this forum fly this route, not necessarily with the same airline but this could have happened to any of us.
Mother nature it seems always wins.
RIP our thoughts are with you
Some British friends of mine flew exactly this route with Air France just 10 days ago. They are speechless and quite numb...

D

Dotty

Banned
Debzor,

What are the average flight costs Recife-New York and are Condor still serving Recife-Europe after October 2009?

Thanks.

debzor

debzor

Debzor,

What are the average flight costs Recife-New York and are Condor still serving Recife-Europe after October 2009?

Thanks.
Hi Dotty

Not sure about New York costs, but a friend recently did Chicago - Miami - Recife and was very happy with the price she paid. This may be because she used American all the way (and thus got discounts),so I would suggest to look to do the same or with Delta to Atlanta, and then onwards.

Apparently Condor have only stopped for the winter and are starting again - not sure when!

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
I have heard a rumour that a Spanish businessman is trying to get a charter going from madrid to natal as the Spanish don't go to Mexico anymore for safety reasons, which has left a big gap in the market to fill.

Let's hope he succeeds.

Rob.