Brazil Flight Info

D

dhoskings

Try buying a ticket from Natal with Tap.The price fluctuates depending on the dollar,so when the dollar is high which has increased about 45 cents in the dollar the fares rise and when the dollar is low as in 2007-8 the prices are a lot cheaper.The dollar determines our flight costs from here.
Hope this helps.
Like I said before, use a different travel agent.

D

dhoskings

Hello Honey,

Might be an idea to check previous threads.

Hope this helps.
I can fly next week from Natal to London Heathrow for £790 return. Looks like you should get a new travel agent.......:rolleyes:

D

Dotty

Banned
Is that including your airport tax???? What was your final price in Reais??
I can fly next week from Natal to London Heathrow for £790 return. Looks like you should get a new travel agent.......:rolleyes:

J

JMBroad

Actually Dotty, the currency fluctuation hasn't been quite that bad this year - The average the dollar has been traded at since 1st of January is 2.31 - highest it has reached since January was 2.44 and that was only for one or two days last month, at the beginning of March.

That's interbank rate of course - the cash rate varied between 2.54 and 2.27 with the average for the three months being 2.40

Handy little site for future reference: FXHistory - Historical Currency Exchange Rates

A

az08

Hey guys,

I need a ticket from BH > London 6-8th may, and back to BH 3 months later.

Are TAP and TAM the only ones I could book this with? As most other booking places only do flights originating from London.

With TAM its about R3000 and has been for a while, with TAP it was about R2400 and just as I was gona book today, its gone up to literally R2800 overnight :( seems the 'basic' fare type has all gone....anyone know if theres a chance it wil become available again? Or should I be booking asap before it goes up even more....

Thanks

D

Dotty

Banned
If the basic fare seats have all gone online then it is highly unlikely that they will become available at 2,400(unless the dollar crashes and the next seat price is drastically reduced). 2,800 is an average with TAP from Brasil.Flying from the U.K can be at least 800- 1,000 less.
Hey guys,

Are TAP and TAM the only ones I could book this with? As most other booking places only do flights originating from London.

With TAM its about R3000 and has been for a while, with TAP it was about R2400 and just as I was gona book today, its gone up to literally R2800 overnight :( seems the 'basic' fare type has all gone....anyone know if theres a chance it wil become available again? Or should I be booking asap before it goes up even more....

Thanks

D

DGM42

Hey guys,

Thanks
Wow expensive
both are around the R3000 mark.
I looked on e-bookers and TAP have flights available for R3000
All you can do is check the flight websites like e-bookers, opodo, lastminute.com etc and see if they are cheaper.
Good luck

A

Adriano

Any news about Thomson travel from London to Natal next winter?

A

az08

Wow expensive
both are around the R3000 mark.
I looked on e-bookers and TAP have flights available for R3000
All you can do is check the flight websites like e-bookers, opodo, lastminute.com etc and see if they are cheaper.
Good luck
Luckily KLM still has them for R2500, although its an extra stop in SP both ways. Still worth it for a R500 saving!

Never flown with them before, anyone have any experience? Will be my GF flying not me.

Gonna hopefully book tonight before prices shoot up again!!

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Luckily KLM still has them for R2500, although its an extra stop in SP both ways. Still worth it for a R500 saving!

Never flown with them before, anyone have any experience? Will be my GF flying not me.

Gonna hopefully book tonight before prices shoot up again!!
I have flown with KLM about 10 times (although never to Brazil) and they were always very good.

Rob.

D

Dotty

Banned
Hi ,

(Cut price ) holidays to Europe are now on sale through CVC at bumper prices with only 1 real to pay then payment to be made in 8 instalments flying with TAP. Actually now cheaper than just buying a flight ticket!

Well you would think TAP would be reducing flight prices and fast.Sunday's flight in from Europe had 54 passangers on board 44 (Brasilian Nationals and 10 from overseas). I have never passed through passport control so quickly and jump in a taxi at record speed !

Will there be super cheap flights in the very near future who knows,but both Lisbon and Zurich were like ghost town airports.Surely now is the time for mega cut price tickets to Brasil .

A

az08

Hi ,

(Cut price ) holidays to Europe are now on sale through CVC at bumper prices with only 1 real to pay then payment to be made in 8 instalments flying with TAP. Actually now cheaper than just buying a flight ticket!
thanks for the info - but seems you can only stay in Europe for 5 days :confused:

debzor

debzor

thanks for the info - but seems you can only stay in Europe for 5 days :confused:

Just had a quick look, and it appears to have buy between 25th and 29th April for travel between certain dates up til Nov/Dec, for a period of 5-35 days.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
The Brazilian government is starting to loosen its grip on international airline tickets including those to the United States and Europe. From now on airlines will be able to charge up to 20% less than the minimum established by the� National Agency of Civil Aviation (ANAC),as announced Wednesday, April 22.

In July, discounts allowed will reach 50% and in October, 80%. It's expected that in one year ANAC will let the market decide what price to charge, without any restriction.

D

Dotty

Banned
That 's great! Let's hope the airline companies really will reduce their o.t.t. prices.
The Brazilian government is starting to loosen its grip on international airline tickets including those to the United States and Europe. From now on airlines will be able to charge up to 20% less than the minimum established by the� National Agency of Civil Aviation (ANAC),as announced Wednesday, April 22.

In July, discounts allowed will reach 50% and in October, 80%. It's expected that in one year ANAC will let the market decide what price to charge, without any restriction.