Brazil Flight Info

A

az08

Anyone know any airlines that fly BR > USA > UK > BR ?

Girlfriend should be coming over in May for a few months but might visit her sister in Miami for 2 weeks beforehand.

Delta is the only one I know...and comes up to about $3000R total so not too bad, although from UK > BR it goes through USA so reallllly long flight back to BR...

debzor

debzor

Anyone know any airlines that fly BR > USA > UK > BR ?

Girlfriend should be coming over in May for a few months but might visit her sister in Miami for 2 weeks beforehand.

Delta is the only one I know...and comes up to about $3000R total so not too bad, although from UK > BR it goes through USA so reallllly long flight back to BR...
There are two good links in the NE:

Miami - Salvador - Recife - Miami with American Airlines
or Atlanta - Recife - Fortaleza - Atlanta with Delta.

Frank_London

Frank_London

The best tip here is to buy your tickets with at least 4/6 months in advance so you get the best rate.

debzor

debzor

The best tip here is to buy your tickets with at least 4/6 months in advance so you get the best rate.
You know, sometimes the best rates are the last minute ones, or even 3-5 weeks ahead - but you must have the luxury of flexibility of travel dates.

D

Dotty

Banned
Well you would think TAP would be reducing flight prices and fast.Sunday's flight in from Europe had 54 passangers on board 44 (Brasilian Nationals and 10 from overseas). I have never passed through passport control so quickly and jump in a taxi at record speed !

Will there be super cheap flights in the very near future who knows,but both Lisbon and Zurich were like ghost town airports.Surely now is the time for mega cut price tickets to Brasil .

D

DGM42

Just come back from Sao Paulo yesterday and the flight was nearly full about 20 empty seats on a Beoing 777, the flight there was again nearly full.
I booked last minute and the price was £650 London to BH via SP
I have flown with TAP several times and the planes are rarely 3/4 full to BH
I agreee the prices should fall especially last minute, I spoke to the passenger next to me and he booked London to RJ via SP and paid £590 and booked it 3 months ago.
Heathrow was the quietest I have ever seen it.

D

Dotty

Banned
Sao Paulo route is always busy as most Brasilians return home for their holidays and SP is also a major capital city.Not sure the flight to the N.E would fare cheaper with the long distance connections though.
Just come back from Sao Paulo yesterday and the flight was nearly full about 20 empty seats on a Beoing 777, the flight there was again nearly full.
I booked last minute and the price was £650 London to BH via SP
I have flown with TAP several times and the planes are rarely 3/4 full to BH
I agreee the prices should fall especially last minute, I spoke to the passenger next to me and he booked London to RJ via SP and paid £590 and booked it 3 months ago.
Heathrow was the quietest I have ever seen it.

debzor

debzor

Well you would think TAP would be reducing flight prices and fast.Sunday's flight in from Europe had 54 passangers on board 44 (Brasilian Nationals and 10 from overseas). I have never passed through passport control so quickly and jump in a taxi at record speed !

Will there be super cheap flights in the very near future who knows,but both Lisbon and Zurich were like ghost town airports.Surely now is the time for mega cut price tickets to Brasil .
Just met a TAP flight into Recife last week, and there were exactly 2 seats empty - must be just quiet into Natal at this time of year?

D

DGM42

Sao Paulo route is always busy as most Brasilians return home for their holidays and SP is also a major capital city.Not sure the flight to the N.E would fare cheaper with the long distance connections though.
Yes SP is the major transfer hub and is always busy.
TAM are good but the prices do vary a lot.
We went to Salvador for 4 days and used our TAM airmiles, the plane from BH to SP had trouble and was delayed so they re-routed us to Brasilia to get the transfer flight to Salvador. TAM then paid for our taxi to the hotel as we were delayed by an additional 2 hours, which I thought was a good gesture.
As I fly a lot I have both TAM Fidelidade and TAP Victoria silver cards.

D

Dotty

Banned
Shouldn't really be so empty because of the Easter holiday's .Does Recife have international connections because that may explain the practically full aircraft.
Just met a TAP flight into Recife last week, and there were exactly 2 seats empty - must be just quiet into Natal at this time of year?

D

dhoskings

what a laugh, classic Dotty.

You fly on Easter Sunday, one of the quietest days of the year, AND say Zurich and Lisbon airports were like ghost towns, yet you act shocked that a flight to Natal was mostly empty, so tap should drop it's fares ..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

D

Dotty

Banned
Oh,hello Dave,

Easter Sunday would normally be one of the busiest days of the year and not the quietest. Tap have actually reduced flights to Natal ,so they might just reduce fares .I think almost 1,000 sterling is way too steep for an airfare.Would you agree ..........
what a laugh, classic Dotty.

You fly on Easter Sunday, one of the quietest days of the year, AND say Zurich and Lisbon airports were like ghost towns, yet you act shocked that a flight to Natal was mostly empty, so tap should drop it's fares ..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

D

dhoskings

Oh,hello Dave,

Easter Sunday would normally be one of the busiest days of the year and not the quietest. Tap have actually reduced flights to Natal ,so they might just reduce fares .I think almost 1,000 sterling is way too steep for an airfare.Would you agree ..........
Nothing like twisting the facts dotty...:rolleyes:

Can you show me the figures that say Easter Sunday is the busiest? Probably not, becuase there are none that say that .... :rolleyes:

TAP have reduced the number of flights to Natal, but only for a month or two during the low season. Funny how yu failed to mention that DOtty.

1k sterling is way too expensive, your travel agent must be ripping you off ...

D

Dotty

Banned
Try buying a ticket from Natal with Tap.The price fluctuates depending on the dollar,so when the dollar is high which has increased about 45 cents in the dollar the fares rise and when the dollar is low as in 2007-8 the prices are a lot cheaper.The dollar determines our flight costs from here.
Hope this helps.

Can you show me the figures that say Easter Sunday is the busiest? Probably not, becuase there are none that say that .... :rolleyes:

TAP have reduced the number of flights to Natal, but only for a month or two during the low season. Funny how yu failed to mention that DOtty.

D

DGM42

Just looked on Tap website return London to Natal for next week price ranges from £644 to £932 depending on which day you fly.
Price from Natal to London return £834 to £1405 again depending which day you fly which is very expensive. I don't understand why so expensive I fly to BH a lot.
Sometimes I go direct to BH via Lisbon with Tap or via SP with Tam the prices to BH are £600 to over £800 again depending on which day.
BH is a lot further another couple of hours flight so why so much cheaper than Natal they would be buring more fuel to BH and SP.

D

Dotty

Banned
Flights have always been way cheaper to the major cities in Brasil. There is no justification other than greed to charge silly prices from Natal to any destination in Europe.
Just looked on Tap website return London to Natal for next week price ranges from £644 to £932 depending on which day you fly.
Price from Natal to London return £834 to £1405 again depending which day you fly which is very expensive. I don't understand why so expensive I fly to BH a lot.
Sometimes I go direct to BH via Lisbon with Tap or via SP with Tam the prices to BH are £600 to over £800 again depending on which day.
BH is a lot further another couple of hours flight so why so much cheaper than Natal they would be buring more fuel to BH and SP.

J

JMBroad

I have no facts to back this up but I would have assumed that people travel either right before or right after Easter Sunday as they want to actually relax and enjoy the day with their family rather than spend the day travelling. However, being single and not religious that's only a guess ;)

D

DGM42

I have no facts to back this up but I would have assumed that people travel either right before or right after Easter Sunday as they want to actually relax and enjoy the day with their family rather than spend the day travelling. However, being single and not religious that's only a guess ;)
I had to travel on an Easter sunday night flight so I get back to UK on the Bank holiday monday as I had work the next day. I couldn't get a flight back to the UK for Tuesday morning which would have been better, but TAP have cut back on flights at the moment. The TAM flight gets to the UK in the afternoon.
The TAM flight was nearly full and being a Boeing 777 means around 300 people on the flight.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Like anything it has to do with supply and demand. Right now TAP is the only scheduled carrier doing direct flights to Natal from Lisbon, so they can charge what they like.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Easter Sunday is also one of only two days that the majority of christian countries insist that shops and businesses are closed.