Borovets Gardens + Exclusive Ski & Spa Resort

E

emanon

Hello everybody. I have been following this thread for a few weeks now and thought I'd chip-in.

1) Missing blocks A,B,E: I found out about this several weeks ago and had similar concerns about a 2nd phase of building and the impact on rentals etc and also how the project was now not what I had originally bought-into. My lawyer checked if there was anything that could be done legally, but alas no. On the plus-side, there is reduced capacity as the development is only two fifths of the size. Also, at least we will be getting a completed apartment! I'm reliably informed that many developers in Bansko have gone bust taking people's money (some having paid in full) and leaving no apartments.

2) Late Payments of the final 50%. Good luck to those that need an extension, however I do not think that GBS will budge. The contract clearly states 7 days of Act 15 and the developer has already delayed signing for about a month (they were due to sign early October).

3) Furniture packs: I too think that the developer pack is pricey. Has anybody actually ordered a pack with another company? If so, how much was the price for a 1-bed pack?

4) The chairlift (that was supposed to be 50m away) has not been built, so there is now a long uphill walk to the Gondola. The hotel might provide a free shuttle service, but this will almost certainly be for hotel guests only and not owners.

5) Owners Group: A very good idea, safety in numbers etc. I will be joining!

6) Apartment Prices. New Apartments in the centre of Borovets (next to Royal Plaza) are available for EUR 1200 per SqM. Don't be expecting capital growth on Borovets Gardens for many years!

That's all for now.

B

Beamer

Hi all,

I'm new to this and was wondering if anyone has any advice or information about inspecting properties on completion? I'm struggling to get the time to make it out to Borovets before the new year myself, so is there anyone in the resort that can carry out these inspections on our behalf?

Thanks

L

lavathrow

Hi all,

I'm new to this and was wondering if anyone has any advice or information about inspecting properties on completion? I'm struggling to get the time to make it out to Borovets before the new year myself, so is there anyone in the resort that can carry out these inspections on our behalf?

Thanks
Dream Resorts can arrange this for you and they have quoted me around £75, but it would not be fair for me to hold them to this. I recently chased them to see if it was too early to be pursuing this and they implied that this is more likely to be done around Act 16. I believe the appointed lawyer is arranging it. I would suggest getting in contact with Dream Resorts. Good Luck

francks

francks

Dream Resorts can arrange this for you and they have quoted me around £75, but it would not be fair for me to hold them to this. I recently chased them to see if it was too early to be pursuing this and they implied that this is more likely to be done around Act 16. I believe the appointed lawyer is arranging it. I would suggest getting in contact with Dream Resorts. Good Luck
That seems quite expensive to me. Plus I'm not sure I would want the developer to do the snagging for me. There is a list of companies that can do that for you on our owner's private group. If you are an owner you can request access to the group. Just got to http://groups.google.com/group/borovetsgardens and provide name, phone and flat number.

R

Rosylee54

Borovets Gardens

Hi I am new to this, has anyone been to view the development recently and had access to their apartments. We have bought a one bedroom apartment and hope to go out the middle of January.

B

Basilpea

Hello Rosylee,
I would strongly recommend you join the owners group (see previous post by FRANCKS on 20-11-09). There is lots of discussion and information about people who have visited the site, you will find it most informative.

W

white oaks owner

furniture packs

we got a good deal on a furniture pack from furnishbansko , they even let us watch the installation as it happened - not sure they were used to having spectators but anyway! - i think they were doing 3 apts at the same time so other people in our block had bought from them. Not sure how much a 1 bed is as ours was a 2 bed but it was way cheaper than the developer -

Hello everybody. I have been following this thread for a few weeks now and thought I'd chip-in.

1) Missing blocks A,B,E: I found out about this several weeks ago and had similar concerns about a 2nd phase of building and the impact on rentals etc and also how the project was now not what I had originally bought-into. My lawyer checked if there was anything that could be done legally, but alas no. On the plus-side, there is reduced capacity as the development is only two fifths of the size. Also, at least we will be getting a completed apartment! I'm reliably informed that many developers in Bansko have gone bust taking people's money (some having paid in full) and leaving no apartments.

2) Late Payments of the final 50%. Good luck to those that need an extension, however I do not think that GBS will budge. The contract clearly states 7 days of Act 15 and the developer has already delayed signing for about a month (they were due to sign early October).

3) Furniture packs: I too think that the developer pack is pricey. Has anybody actually ordered a pack with another company? If so, how much was the price for a 1-bed pack?

4) The chairlift (that was supposed to be 50m away) has not been built, so there is now a long uphill walk to the Gondola. The hotel might provide a free shuttle service, but this will almost certainly be for hotel guests only and not owners.

5) Owners Group: A very good idea, safety in numbers etc. I will be joining!

6) Apartment Prices. New Apartments in the centre of Borovets (next to Royal Plaza) are available for EUR 1200 per SqM. Don't be expecting capital growth on Borovets Gardens for many years!

That's all for now.