Borovets Gardens + Exclusive Ski & Spa Resort

L

Lars

For some reason I have a hard time believing that waiting a month or so is going to help people who have a hard time paying the remaining portion. Either they are just late or they are trying to make Act 15 and Act 16 closer to one another as for most people, and in view of the market, it is scary to pay the balance on Act 15 (see other post about delayed Act 16 and people left without electricity for a year).
I have just received a email from Dream Resorts reagrding Act 15 and the remaining 50% payment. Is there others who will have problems with paying the remaing 50% cash?

B

BG_Lawyer

Dear Basilpea,

According to me even the development is going to be completed on time it needs some advertisement, e.g. to become polular among the future ski torists. So I supose there must be an agent who will advertize the development in UK or Bulgaria. The developer or Glavbulgarstroi will not do that for sure. My oppinion is that all the owners in the complex have to gather and to have an agent who will advertize your complex to ski tourists.

T

Todan

I spoke to Solutions Overseas today, they said they would be interested in Renting if they can get at least 15 properties from our complex. They charge a set fee of 550euros plus vat per annum and advertise with Expedia and Last Minute.com amongst many other. I don’t know if that sound good to anyone.

Has anyone got direct experience of renting in Borovets?

francks

francks

Thanks Ashcon,

I'll certainly give them a ring and see if they can offer any further discount, I would probably just buy the solid wood as I want something more robust and include the Appliances pack.

With regards to the Act 15, I've spoken to Russell who said due to a large number of people having difficultly with making the final payment the developer is delaying it, but I also spoke to Oliver early September, he said that the developer wants to get people ready as with their last project (St. Thomas’) a lot of people made late payments and he expects act 15 will be produced sometime in the autumn.
I spoke to Solutions Overseas today, they said they would be interested in Renting if they can get at least 15 properties from our complex. They charge a set fee of 550euros plus vat per annum and advertise with Expedia and Last Minute.com amongst many other. I don’t know if that sound good to anyone.

Has anyone got direct experience of renting in Borovets?
I guess that's good to know that there would be another option besides GBS. Would they take care of keys, sheet changes and cleaning between tenants? Do they need exclusivity?

T

Todan

the wont do the cleaning etc, they just deal with rentals, however they can recommend management companies. i'm leaving the management to GBS, we've alreay had there offer 8euros per metre seems ok.

Overseas Solution said they wouldn't need exclusivity only that they would need 15 unit in order to offer terms

L

Lars

I received a mail from my lawyer today, with the information that my property is due to signing ACT 15 tomorrow 30th of October.

Is there any others that have received the same message?

francks

francks

the wont do the cleaning etc, they just deal with rentals, however they can recommend management companies. i'm leaving the management to GBS, we've alreay had there offer 8euros per metre seems ok.

Overseas Solution said they wouldn't need exclusivity only that they would need 15 unit in order to offer terms
I don't think GBS will do key handovers, change of linen, damage check and flat cleaning between tenants for that price...

francks

francks

I received a mail from my lawyer today, with the information that my property is due to signing ACT 15 tomorrow 30th of October.

Is there any others that have received the same message?
I have as well.

B

barrymetters

we have received the same request!! very short notice. we are only able to fund half of the final payment now and the rest in december!!! waiting to hear from Dream Resorts. but don't hold out much hope!!

C

cayman75

Does anyone know of the legal implications of withholding payment of any %, whether it be 5%, 10% or more, until act 16 has been compeleted?

C

cayman75

Also, has anyone seen any pictures of their apartment yet?

I'm interested in seeing how close the finish is to the original images Dream Resorts sent with the purchase pack - especially the kitchen area.

B

barrymetters

I have just spoken to Russell and he said there could be a penalty of 10% if payment isn't made within 7 days.

L

Lars

Also, has anyone seen any pictures of their apartment yet?

I'm interested in seeing how close the finish is to the original images Dream Resorts sent with the purchase pack - especially the kitchen area.
Hi!

I received to pictures of my apartment yesterday.. It was from the bathroom, and from the bedroom. I have asked for more pictures..

I also have some problems with paying the full amount within 7 days..

I thinks GBS should be flexible with some weeks or so..

C

cayman75

Hi!

I received to pictures of my apartment yesterday.. It was from the bathroom, and from the bedroom. I have asked for more pictures..

I also have some problems with paying the full amount within 7 days..

I thinks GBS should be flexible with some weeks or so..
I have received pictures too, but there is no way of knowing that it is of my apartment nor are the pictures very informative i.e. they have key areas of the rooms cut out. In particular there are no pictures of the kitchen nor is the one of the bathroom useful.

francks

francks

I have received pictures too, but there is no way of knowing that it is of my apartment nor are the pictures very informative i.e. they have key areas of the rooms cut out. In particular there are no pictures of the kitchen nor is the one of the bathroom useful.
I was in the resort last week-end and the kitchens were not setup yet. I suspect it's just a matter of days however.

On an other subject I have setup a private groups for owners at Borovets Gardens to exchange tips, ideas, concerns and to allow us to act as a unified group, especially for those of us who will want to let their flats through GBS. If you want to be added to the group, please go to http://groups.google.com/group/borovetsgardens and request membership. Please provide also the following information for the benefit of the group:

Name
Email address
Phone number
Flat #

Thanks.

B

barrymetters

i have received a bathroom and bedroom picture, prob a generic email going around!!

B

Basilpea

Just got back from Borovets after spending a few days fact-finding and sourcing furniture. I found an excellent shop in Sofia for the furniture called Yavor, it may be of use for you to note that the apertures for the wardrobes are 182cms wide - Yavor do wardrobes of exactly this width - I don't know if the standard furniture packs include this size of wardrobe, it seems too much of a coincidence they happen to be the right size so they are probably the same manufacturer.
Work on the complex has progressed well, it is probably about 85%
complete. I am very surprised that Act 15 is being signed today, as
yesterday there were still unfinished items in my apartment:

1) No kitchen units fitted
2) No skirting fitted around the edge of the floors in any of the
rooms.

The main infrastructure is far from complete - the lift is not
operational, there is no reception area furnishing or restaurant
fittings etc. and the exterior landscaping still has a way to go.
There is no water in the swimming pool yet. The whole building needs a
thorough clean, but this would obviously not happen until all the works are completed.

I did not know they have only built blocks C & D, the rest have been shelved because of the slump in demand. The building still looks quite impressive though.
I am going to request more time to pay, leaving a percentage until 2nd week of December. Hopefully this will see Act 16 in place.

C

cayman75

Just got back from Borovets after spending a few days fact-finding and sourcing furniture. I found an excellent shop in Sofia for the furniture called Yavor, it may be of use for you to note that the apertures for the wardrobes are 182cms wide - Yavor do wardrobes of exactly this width - I don't know if the standard furniture packs include this size of wardrobe, it seems too much of a coincidence they happen to be the right size so they are probably the same manufacturer.
Work on the complex has progressed well, it is probably about 85%
complete. I am very surprised that Act 15 is being signed today, as
yesterday there were still unfinished items in my apartment:

1) No kitchen units fitted
2) No skirting fitted around the edge of the floors in any of the
rooms.

The main infrastructure is far from complete - the lift is not
operational, there is no reception area furnishing or restaurant
fittings etc. and the exterior landscaping still has a way to go.
There is no water in the swimming pool yet. The whole building needs a
thorough clean, but this would obviously not happen until all the works are completed.

I did not know they have only built blocks C & D, the rest have been shelved because of the slump in demand. The building still looks quite impressive though.
I am going to request more time to pay, leaving a percentage until 2nd week of December. Hopefully this will see Act 16 in place.
I am shocked to hear that they haven't build blocks A, B & E and no one has said anything about it. This probably means that they will progress with building some or all of those blocks in the future when demand picks up, which will potentially interfere with us renting the property for a period of time. I'm really unimpressed to hear this.

I also wonder what impact this will have on the size and finish of the amenities e.g. swimming pool, spa, reception, sauna.

L

Lars

Isn`t building B built at all? Isn`t the SPA located in bulding B??

Is see from Borvets Gardens Webiste that there is nothing sold in the B-bulding. Probably have some people got relocated in to Te C and D-bulding.

We should have been informed about this, as it influence the whole project,

francks

francks

Isn`t building B built at all? Isn`t the SPA located in bulding B??

Is see from Borvets Gardens Webiste that there is nothing sold in the B-bulding. Probably have some people got relocated in to Te C and D-bulding.

We should have been informed about this, as it influence the whole project,
Only the ground floor and underground were built in that building... I guess it could have been worse :) The pool is there, empty for now - I saw it last week.