Borovets Gardens + Exclusive Ski & Spa Resort

B

Basilpea

Francks,
Act 15 is supposed to act as a safeguard for the purchaser - it specifies a level of completion which must be achieved in order for the developer to receive his final payment (i.e. everything is in accordance with the contract spec and all services etc work). I have no previous experience of purchase in Bulgaria so I don't know how well this works in practice, that is why I am going to check myself before handing over the final payment. I don't foresee a problem with access to the apartment and the complex as a whole for the purposes of inspection prior to making the final payment. If you can't get out there, you could arrange for an independent inspection on your behalf, if you or your lawyer can find someone who can be relied on to do this on your behalf.

francks

francks

Furniture packs

Anyone going with the furniture packs provided by Dreamresorts? They seem on the expensive side and they is very little info provided. Any comments welcome.

Thanks.

B

Basilpea

These packs do look rather expensive - I have looked at some local stores' websites that seem to indicate they could be obtained for less than half this price, although that would not include installation. Personally, I think I will be more likely to spend a week or two over there and fit it out myself. Anyone know when the IKEA store in Sofia is likely to be opened? It wass forecast for the second half of 2009.

A

Ashcon

Borovets

Here is what I understand the act 15 & 16 to mean, but no matter what these acts mean you must pay your final payment when your contract states it is due.

Act 15 doesn’t allow you to legally inhabit the premises. Act 15 is an act of formal delivery of the building by the builder to the investor. Developers usually try to sell premises at the stage of Act 15.

Act 16 or”habitation certificate” is the formal certificate issued by the municipality audit commission. The latter checks if all the documents conform to the Bulgarian construction legislation as well as if the building is properly connected to the electricity, sewerage and water suppler. It checks if the premises are secure and suitable for living.

IKEA in Sofia ? I did ask but no one seemed to know anything about it, anyway it is so hard to shop in bulgaria I dont try anymore.

Furniture packs installed can cost as little as 2,300 euro, you just have to do your homework. I dont think I can post a name but the company are Irish and I have used them, Michelle has been the most helpful person I have delt with in BG.. a lifesaver

Best of luck with your apartments, at least yours is on time and hopefully will be a good investment. Rental season is very short and the German tourist companies have gone so I dont know who is selling Borovets other than Thompsons !!

B

Basilpea

Ashcon,
I am not sure about the rules for posting company names/recommendations but I understand this could be contentious and potentially could open a flood gate for advertisers swamping the blog. Could you possibly let me have Michelle's telepone number?

A

Ashcon

Borovets

Hi Basilpea,

I am a new member and the welcome message I got said no posting company names etc.

Maybe try sending an sms on 00359 888 187 419 can be very expensive to call.

B

Borovets Betty

I was looking for furniture as the developers pack is too expensive and there is a company i found who does exactly the same furniture they sent out in the pdf but much cheaper - have checked around on other forums and they have good comments.

they seem good and much cheaper and I am going with them - they are called furnishbansko but they deliver to Borovets. The chap is Andy and is english.

They told me they can do discounts for people with more than one property. I only have one but some might have more - does anyone know what colour the kitchen is going to be?

B

Basilpea

BOROVETS BETTY
Thanks for the information re furniture, I am going out to view the development and hopefully order the furniture, on 25th of October so I will let you know the outcome at the end of that week via this blog.

T

Todan

I've read that the Ikea in Sofia will not open until early 2010. Anyone going with the furniture pack offered by the developer, dream resorts are saying that they can be awkward with other companies not allowing access etc - I image there just trying to push for these pricey packages.

I spoke to a company last week about paying in full on act 15, they said it's common in Bulgaria but not good practice. Some developers collect monies on act 15 in order to finance the completion on the building. Also that act does not offer any legal protection for us, it'll just specify details of the finished standard of our apartments.

I’d be interested to hear how your trip goes Basilpea, have a safe trip.

francks

francks

BOROVETS BETTY
Thanks for the information re furniture, I am going out to view the development and hopefully order the furniture, on 25th of October so I will let you know the outcome at the end of that week via this blog.
Basilpea, I was planning to go on that same w/e. Maybe we can meet there... PM me for my details.

F

francky

hello everyone,

I also have an apartment in Borovets it is now completed and fully operational, we do have a lot of problems though. Anyway I would not advise you to pay everything on act 15 , you shoud leave at least 5 % for the snagging issues after it is complete otherwise the developer will not pay any attention . You can have lots of troubles and with small laverage you can keep the developer interested in working for you ( well at least try ). As I didn't know this when I was buyingI can advise everyone - please please do snagging report with professional company !!!

If anyone wants to have a chat please pm me , I have already done my research in Borovets and can share my experience. Also you can use my apartment when visiting !

cheers

T

Todan

Hi Everyone,

Have spoken to Andy at Furnish Bansko, it now looks like me and two others will be using this firm. As Borovets Betty said they offer the same pack but much cheaper, I also asked if more of us were to buy from them would he offer more of a discount, he said if we can get 10 together then he could probably knock another 10% off. They’ve currently offered to do my studio apartment for 4000euros which includes a double bed in addition to the developer’s itinerary, I was told by Dream Resorts that if I wanted a bed as well their price would be 5300euros. So if anyone is interested give Andy a call on 08709740910, once he get a final total he see how much discount he can offer.

Nice to hear from you Francky, the only issue for us is our contract stipulates that we must make our final 50% payment within 7 days of the Act 15 being issued, failure to do so could incur penalties. Could I ask which developer or development you’ve purchased from and how long it’s been in use?

Thanks Todan

L

Lysos

€4,000 to furnish a studio apartment !!!!!. Does it have hand woven silk carpets with gold leaf trimmings ?. Even assuming, say 12 weeks letting per season have you worked out how long it will take to cover this cost ?. By the time it's paid for it will all need replacing. Madness.

A

Ashcon

Borovets

€4,000 is still a bit steep if you consider bg-interiors can do them for €3,000 I am sure they could do a discount for a large amount too

T

Todan

I've looked at BG Interiors their €3000 pack is for laminate only and their itinerary does not include a sofa bed, i will need to sleep 4 for when i take my family. However, have you used BG Interiors before Ashcon as my main concern is using a reliable firm.

F

flaxgraan

I was registered at your forum. I have printed the test message. Do not delete, please.

A

Ashcon

Borovets

Hi Todan,

Had a look at bg-interiors site

Laminate. Price
Without Kitchen & Appliances inc. VAT: €2499

Solid wood. Price
Without Kitchen & Appliances inc. VAT: €2999

Add the price of a sofa bed your still way under €4,000

I have used them and I couldnt recommend them highly enough, theres a few people using them on the Aheloy thread at the moment too . you could ask about them there.

L

Lars

Hello,

Ì`m new in this forum, and I have purchased a 1.bedroom in Borovets Gardens.
Is there any news about the final payment of 50%??

I just received a call from Dream Resorts yesterday, regarding the furniture-packs... I also think they are very expensive..

We should go together and have a greater deal with some other stores..

T

Todan

Thanks Ashcon,

I'll certainly give them a ring and see if they can offer any further discount, I would probably just buy the solid wood as I want something more robust and include the Appliances pack.

With regards to the Act 15, I've spoken to Russell who said due to a large number of people having difficultly with making the final payment the developer is delaying it, but I also spoke to Oliver early September, he said that the developer wants to get people ready as with their last project (St. Thomas’) a lot of people made late payments and he expects act 15 will be produced sometime in the autumn.

francks

francks

Thanks Ashcon,

With regards to the Act 15, I've spoken to Russell who said due to a large number of people having difficultly with making the final payment the developer is delaying it, but I also spoke to Oliver early September, he said that the developer wants to get people ready as with their last project (St. Thomas’) a lot of people made late payments and he expects act 15 will be produced sometime in the autumn.
For some reason I have a hard time believing that waiting a month or so is going to help people who have a hard time paying the remaining portion. Either they are just late or they are trying to make Act 15 and Act 16 closer to one another as for most people, and in view of the market, it is scary to pay the balance on Act 15 (see other post about delayed Act 16 and people left without electricity for a year).