BMRDA question

M

mks

Hi,

I plan to purchase an apartment in Bangalore which the builders state has been approved by BMRDA.When i checked with a lawyer with legal documents provided, he said that land is registered correctly and the builders have only received commencement agreement to build 30 flats on ground floor + stilt. They are project G+3 apartment complex of two buildings. Total of 120 flats in the complex. They said that they have given application for getting NoC from pollution control board followed by which they will apply for BMRDA approval. They said it is the process. My lawyer was saying that only ground + stilt has been approved and we shouldn't take the apartment if it is above ground floor. There is definitely risk involved. The apartment is in a very good location and not is low priced when compared to today's rates. The builder has overall three projects in Bangalore. the director of the developers has assured me that this is the process. The only thing I was not comfortable was they didn't mention that they had received only for Stilt+ ground and not for the other three floors. I want to know if this is the process in BMRDA. Is approval done at one time for all floors or it could be achieved in phases?

Thanks,
mks