Blue Sea Bay, Makadi Bay

M

maggie

Yes the buildings are looking good every update, it will be nice when we start to see progress with the roads and pathways between the buildings and landscaping stages, at the moment the buildings are coming on well but it looks a way off with the infrastructure still.

I have put myself down for the extra electric sockets as I will want an electric oven, regarding the mezzanine they look excellent in the type 7 and thanks for updating Maggie on the type 3 etc.

Looking at the pictures of a type 3, I don't think it would be impossible to do, one thing as Rumbaba pointed out is the stairs the option could be spiral design staircase, but there certainly is not the space of a type 7 and would it close the space of the type 3 in even with a tighter spiral case.

I've seen in apartments before mezzanines put in with just enough space for a bed and a cabinet and some moving space and the height could be there, but would it take the look away being a smaller area it would be hard to know to be honest.

There is still nothing stopping anyone getting it done independently if it was possible I'm sure.

Cheers

Chris
Hi
I think Orascom has to do all the alterations. As for the mezzanines would an attic type stair case be an option??? If Orascom agreed to put one in.

C

chris_property

Hi Magge,
I am sure attic style steps would work as well and could but placed in like an attic, all possible I am sure.

Maybe I am wrong but after you own the apartment as the owner surely you can do what you want inside internally independently and Orascom would not need to do alterations inside the property,

I know alterations outside cannot be done as that is outside appearance, but I would think we can do what we want inside them and if you got someone to fit a mezzanine in yourself that would be your choice. Maybe I am wrong but that is what I would think at the moment.

Cheers

Chris

M

maggie

Hi
I think Orascom has to do all the alterations. As for the mezzanines would an attic type stair case be an option??? If Orascom agreed to put one in.
Hi
Some one wanted to alter the way the kitchen was placed and had to ask Orascom first. so i,m not to sure if we could do it with out asking. You may be right Chris I think it would be best to ask our agents or have another look at our contracts.
Does any one else know for sure where we stand on this?
Maggie.

I

IVA

you are right, Maggie! As per paragraph 7.5 of the Contact
" Save as expressly otherwise provided in
the Services and Maintenance
Agreement, the Buyer shall not
demolish or make any structural
additions, changes or alterations to the
Building Structure (including facades)
or conduct any repair or maintenance
works without first obtaining the prior
written consent of the Seller and to be
done through the seller."
We all signed this Contract so agreed with these terms and now we can only address to Nermine with all our requests for changes. :-( But hope that later, the situation changes and we get more freedom to make our appartments as we'd like to have them.

M

maggie

you are right, Maggie! As per paragraph 7.5 of the Contact
" Save as expressly otherwise provided in
the Services and Maintenance
Agreement, the Buyer shall not
Building Structure (including facades)
or conduct any repair or maintenance
works without first obtaining the prior
done through the seller."
We all signed this Contract so agreed with these terms and now we can only address to Nermine with all our requests for changes. :-( But hope that later, the situation changes and we get more freedom to make our appartments as we'd like to have them.
Hi IVA
I was going to look though my contract. But thank you for saving me the job.:)X

Georgina

Georgina

Here in El Gouna we have a maintenance department to call for repairs, etc. and a new projects department for major works like stairs, doors, etc. We can also use companies within El Gouna who build kitchens, etc. It is very hard for outside workers to even get through the gates of El Gouna and you are stopped bringing in wood from outside. This is good for security and for sure Orascom want to do the work themselves.

M

maggie

Here in El Gouna we have a maintenance department to call for repairs, etc. and a new projects department for major works like stairs, doors, etc. We can also use companies within El Gouna who build kitchens, etc. It is very hard for outside workers to even get through the gates of El Gouna and you are stopped bringing in wood from outside. This is good for security and for sure Orascom want to do the work themselves.

Hi,

Thank you for the info

It might be a good thing that Orascom did do the work as we all know we have to sell our apartment's back to them if we wish to sell. At lease we will know that the work will be done properly and hopefully cheaper!!

But if we choose to get the kitchen fitted by someone from outside Makadi would that mean we won't be able to do so??
Would that mean then that it could cost more if we don't have a choice.:hmmmm2:

If Makadi is run the same way as El Gouner
Maggie.

R

rumbaba

That does not sound right? I should be free to select the contractor I wish even if they are from somewhere else and be allowed to buy wood from outside the resort.

C

chris_property

Interesting debates here and also on how El Gouna is run, I still feel this is a bit of a grey area to me :)

the Buyer shall not
Building Structure

Maybe this needs some clarification, the building structure to me is the structure of the actual unit / apartment building as in the bricks and building structure. So I can understand that if a buyer wanted the position of the kitchen changed etc during the building construction this is structural. Same as moving or altering walls.

Installing a wooden kitchen and fittings for example to me is not structural, the structural area is where the fittings for the sink and drainage etc are placed for the position for installing the wooden cupboards to become a workable kitchen area.

This is what I still think is grey until it would be clarified correctly, adding for example a wooden mezzanine area to a type 3 is not a structural change to me as no walls are being moved etc, to me it is fitting a wooden structure to the existing brick walls. Maybe I am wrong here, but I don't think this falls under altering the internal construction as all remaining walls and fixtures from construction would remain in the same place.

To me adding a wooden mezzanine is no different to adding any other wall fixtures attached after building to the existing building layout. If the brick walls or position of construction fittings where changed that would all fall under structural I think.

Anyone can comment on this?

My guess is that Orascom feel the type 7 is suitable in size for a wooden mezzanine so are happy to install them as an extra and the reason that the type 3 is not offered is maybe because they feel the area is too small for this type of upgrade and are not offering it.

There are agents already offering furnishings and kitchens for Makadi so I think we can select who we want for works like this.

I still feel that internally without altering the actual construction we can add whatever we want.

I can understand why the contract states that

the Buyer shall not
Building Structure

because if we changed any of the building construction without written consent then it would break the building construction guarantee.

without first obtaining the prior
done through the seller

If the seller gives written consent and carry's out the work such as a change of kitchen position and plumbing fittings then the guarantee still remains valid.

Maybe this can be clarified but fitting a wooden fixture to exciting construction walls does not seem like altering the internal building structures.

I still am not sure how it would look in a type 3 to be honest size wise even though I like the idea maybe of this.

Food for thought? :)

Cheers

Chris

C

chris_property

I take it the Egypt section of this forum is back to returning to use again?

Good to see if this is the start of use again in this forum.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Yes the Egypt forum has been re-opened. However as it was closed due to constant rule violations the rules will be far more strictly implemented in future so please read the rules and try to adhere to them.

Thank you

C

chris_property

Thanks Veronica, good to see the forum open again and hopefully returns to lively and good posts.

Ron, I have a problem with that forum as well. I keep having to reset my password most times I log into it and I can get on after doing it. The actively of overall posting for a such a big development is not very active overall on the net.

I am going over in April for first in 2 years so looking forward to going and seeing Makadi again.

Thanks,

Chris

Ron1621

Ron1621

Hi Chris!

Yes it drives me nuts so much so I don't bother trying to log in now. I was last over in April 2013 and I must say the development is looking really good.
I have been told my apartment on Q4 is now ready so I need to sort my diary out to get over there and take possession etc. all in all so far it's been a good experience with Orascom.

Regards

Ron

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
I would be interested to hear the general opinion of those with experience in the Egypt real estate market. From the outside it looks as though political instability, protests, etc are casting the country in a difficult light but this does not appear to be having much impact upon real estate prices?

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

The lower priced properties and those in the best locations are selling very well, and with the Red Sea resorts like Hurghada a long way from Cairo and Sharm, there has been very little disruption, a few roads round the Governorate buildings closed but that's it.

The higher priced resorts like Sahl Hasheesh and El Gouna are at a standstill, especially in Sahl Hasheesh with the very high maintenance charges, it seems developers would rather see the properties unsold and empty instead of reducing prices??

The developers that have taken notice of the world markets and changed their plans accordingly are doing well, and buyers are buying at prices lower than they were several years ago, while some refuse to budge and are suffering for it.

Hope that gives a little insight?

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
The developers that have taken notice of the world markets and changed their plans accordingly are doing well, and buyers are buying at prices lower than they were several years ago, while some refuse to budge and are suffering for it.

Hope that gives a little insight?
This is so typical not only in Egypt but may other countries. In Cyprus the picture is much the same, with some developers refusing to lower their prices and as a result they are not selling anything while other more sensible ones have made large reductions, as a result of which their developments are selling well.
Surely it is better to get some money back in to help repay big bank loans rather than have empty properties and risk the banks eventually repossessing everything.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

This is so typical not only in Egypt but may other countries. In Cyprus the picture is much the same, with some developers refusing to lower their prices and as a result they are not selling anything while other more sensible ones have made large reductions, as a result of which their developments are selling well.
Surely it is better to get some money back in to help repay big bank loans rather than have empty properties and risk the banks eventually repossessing everything.
My thoughts exactly Veronica, but will they listen? Just like the golf courses, they keep there charges high and have no one playing, surely reduce the green fees, get more people playing, more money spent in the Pro Shop, bar, restaurant etc...

I sometimes wonder how these people survive in business!!

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Its like the restaurants here in Cyprus. When things are slow and there are not many customers around they put up their prices. What logic is there in that?

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Its like the restaurants here in Cyprus. When things are slow and there are not many customers around they put up their prices. What logic is there in that?
The logic where they think foreigners will pay top dollar for everything, just like the old days!! They fail to realise people shop around these days and don't like being ripped off.

I just hope one day they will realise and see how to do business properly :)