Birthdays

Discussion in 'Egyptian Lounge' started by realestatemart, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Today was my wife Birthday so I thought why don't we make a thread to mention everyone birthdate but without the year for sure ;)
    I start by my self I was born on 19th Of July :D

2. Lsab

Lsab New Member

Nice one George and happy birthday to your wife! Mines January 28th (definately not giving away the year :D).

3. lyndsay552

lyndsay552 New Member

Hi All,

Mine is the 10th May and this year I'll be spending it sitting in gatwick waiting for my connecting flight back home and feeling very sorry for myself :(:(:(:(

4. queenie40something

queenie40something Senior Member

Many happy returns to your wife George. She shares her birthday with Queen Elizabeth 11 and Charlotte Bronte. You share yours with Kathleen Turner ( actress, Jewel of the Nile ) and Brian May ( guitarist with Queen )
    Mine is June 27th and share it with Tobey Maguire ( Spiderman ), Louis X11
    Lyndsay did you know you share yours with Abraham Lncoln and Fred Astaire and Linda shares hers with Elijah Wood and Henry V11.

5. Oh God queenie you are informative liberary for dates, you read alot :)
    first time to know all this :)

seems soon we will celebrate Lyndsay birtday but she will not be here

6. queenie40something

Hi George - yes Lyndsays birthday wont be long. Hope your wife is having a lovely day.

7. M Butler

M Butler New Member

Happy birthday to your wife George. I hope you are taking her out for a nice romantic dinner this evening.
    My birthday is on 23rd April and I know that it is St. George's day (and me a Scot too) and William Shakespeare's birth and death date. Note no mention of year!!

Margaret

8. Lsab

Lsab New Member

Yes Margaret - we're all being very cowardly when it comes to the year and I for one, intend to remain that way :D

9. M Butler

M Butler New Member

Yes, I agree.
    I think it really hit me after 2000 when I had to start saying I was born last century. All I am prepared to say is that I am a Bowie fan.

Margaret

10. Thanks Margret, i did we went yesterday to Hard Rock and have a nice night, and so we have to Say to you within 2 days Happy Birthday Margrete :D

11. Lsab

Lsab New Member

OK Margaret, I'm starting to close in now!! I saw Bowie in Australia last century :D

12. queenie40something

Hi Margaret you also share your b-day with Roy Orbison and the great fave of my young days Shirley Temple.

13. M Butler

M Butler New Member

Not so sure about that. I have seen him in 2 centuries!!!

Alison, do you want to be in our team if we do a pub quiz?

Margaret

14. what team and which Quiz? :)

15. M Butler

M Butler New Member

Don't know about Hurghada but there is quiz night in El Gouna, I think Tuesday nights.

Margaret

16. queenie40something

Hi Margaret I used to organise and run our local pub quiz so yep I will be up for that!!

17. M Butler

M Butler New Member

Knew you had to do something like that. I used to watch all the quiz shows in the UK and ended up with a head full of useless info - unless of course you take part in them.

Margaret

18. We don't have :( where is it in El Gouna

19. M Butler

M Butler New Member

I think it is in one of the British pubs. I think it must be the one downtown (Boxers) because the one in the marina (Smugglers) is too small.
    The lady that organises it told us about it. I will try to find out about it next week.

Margaret

20. queenie40something

Hi George - they used to have a quiz night at Papas - might be worth checking if they still do them??