Beware of Asilah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tootsie

Hey guys

I've just been researching on other sites and forums, and it seems that not all projects are what they seem. One project I came across was the Palm Beach Resort, but it looks like the developers dont have proper permissions.

Some other investors have also commented that certain smaller projects have also been withdrawn and signs taken off! :eek:

I'd like to know what others feel and whether Asilah is once place to stay away from?

E

ezrnow

Tootsie, I've been to this area a few times and am now confident to talk to other buyers... And for what it's worth, I really don’t think you should stay away from the area. In fact, Asilah is one of the most beautiful cities of Morocco (go an visit it for yourself). It is very well preserved and ideally located along the cliffs towards the Atlantic Ocean, offering stunning views to the sea. The Medina (old quarter) is made up of lovely blue and white houses, which are all well kept and I really enjoyed my time with with my wife shopping in the wide range of local shops selling a variety of local handcrafts. I found all the facilities one would require in this lovely town which has banks, a church, numerous hotels and a hospital as well as an emerging property market.

Like a lot of areas in Morocco, developers are now getting in on the action and buying up prime land banks to construct their properties. Some of these properties are being sold prior to planning and some just after. Just be careful when buying and make sure you use a legal representative who understands the market and can check title deals, planning consent etc. Bedsides that, buying in Asilah is like buying anywhere else.

U

Uk2Moroccopro

Hi,
Buying in Asilah is like any area of Morocco or Spain.
So some clients do not know about the law and the legal procedure and look for the cheapiest property and land thinking that they know bout everything in Morocco and after that they get in trouble themselves because they do not listen to professional advicers or they dont want o pay the professional Agents who can really support them. Many foreign investors learned from that.
Asilah is booming in property investment and the price is up three times in one year. Property in Asilah is in high demand. If you need any assistance or advice please do not hesitate to contact us.

Status
Not open for further replies.