Bella Vista apartments, Cabo Negro, nr Tetouan

B

bess

Hi - I am not knocking you, but I brought furniture out from England ( good auction house nearby and I had also some redundant furniture from an English property, so it did not cost much to buy- would not appy to everybody). I was charged about 30% import duty- it came via Tangiers. It was unloaded there and transferred to two amazing Moroccan lorries who also provided a porter (who carried a washing machine up three stories on his back refusing help.)

No one asked for any bribe at any stage- though I paid an official agent at the port to sort the papers, as I had been told to expect by the removers. And we gave the porter a good tip! I know of at least two people at Mirador Golf who brought their own furniture, in a less than pristine van, and they were just sent through without paying duty because they expained that it was their stuff, not new , for their own flat. That was through Ceuta.

Maybe as a firm there is more of a problem. I looked at your site and the furniture looked very nice: I was just looking at all alternatives.

By the way, the removers left one end of a metal bed behind, I was gutted at thinking I would have to buy a whole new bed for want of the bed end, one of the builders just took the head into the medina, then came back the next day with an exact copy, even painted to match, charged me about a fiver. I would never get that done in England!

Towells and linen and curtains are much better quality for the price in England, so if you are going back and forth in the summer and have spare luggage space bring them out.

MarilynS

MarilynS

Moroccanhome - I too have just been looking through your website - and the furniture you offer is just the sort of thing I am planning.
However, after all the bad press about Furniture package companies not delivering the CORRECT furniture items (or indeed not delivering ANY furniture items) I would NOT be prepared to pay 10% on order, 40% 6 weeks prior and 50% 2 weeks prior - sorry.

M

moroccanhome

Hi
my off-plan apartment is due January 2010 but I'm already thinking about furniture packages - any recommendations please? :)
Hi i am sorry u may feel like that, as we don't operate with that mentality anyhow hope things work out !!!

M

moroccanhome

We are professional company

Hi
my off-plan apartment is due January 2010 but I'm already thinking about furniture packages - any recommendations please? :)
Hi i am sorry u may feel like that, as we don't operate with that mentality anyhow hope things work out !!!

B

bess

Re renting flats in Cabo Negro region.
I have two and they are rented pretty regularly by a mixture of nationalities- in the high summer mostly Moroccans. I have had several people who have rented while furnishing their own flats- trouble is that they will be staying in their own flats next time they visit Morocco, though they made some very nice comments about mine! Anyone reading this and interested in a place to stay, google Secret Morocco- 10% off to people furnishing their flats or checking their investments!

Some companies promise regular rentals but do not perform, I have been more successful advertising on the internet etc. It certailnly is not as good as the agents promised when they sold the flats, sadly.
Ramadam interruped rents half way through August this year and I think it moves back a couple of weeks so will come in the middle of the high season next year. Devout Muslims will not use the swimming pool in case they swallow some water, which makes them less keen to holiday. For non muslims, food is available in hotel restaurants, but you should not eat or drink in public- so next year may not be perfect either.

M

moroccanhome

Hi - I am not knocking you, but I brought furniture out from England ( good auction house nearby and I had also some redundant furniture from an English property, so it did not cost much to buy- would not appy to everybody). I was charged about 30% import duty- it came via Tangiers. It was unloaded there and transferred to two amazing Moroccan lorries who also provided a porter (who carried a washing machine up three stories on his back refusing help.)

No one asked for any bribe at any stage- though I paid an official agent at the port to sort the papers, as I had been told to expect by the removers. And we gave the porter a good tip! I know of at least two people at Mirador Golf who brought their own furniture, in a less than pristine van, and they were just sent through without paying duty because they expained that it was their stuff, not new , for their own flat. That was through Ceuta.

Maybe as a firm there is more of a problem. I looked at your site and the furniture looked very nice: I was just looking at all alternatives.

By the way, the removers left one end of a metal bed behind, I was gutted at thinking I would have to buy a whole new bed for want of the bed end, one of the builders just took the head into the medina, then came back the next day with an exact copy, even painted to match, charged me about a fiver. I would never get that done in England!

Towells and linen and curtains are much better quality for the price in England, so if you are going back and forth in the summer and have spare luggage space bring them out.
Hi Bess
A great idea..... bring a Huge Van and Fill it with furniture,don't forget the bed end
as of 2009-2010 a fiver would get you a view from the port of tarrifa are you planing
to swim the rest .....!!: trytofly::top:
p.s No i am not knocking YA

Have nice one !!

B

bess

If the ferry costs 300 euros (as you said earlier),that is a small proportion of the 5K ish for furnishing an apartment via a furniture package. But organising it is a lot more trouble, so unless someone finds planning and shopping for their own taste and ideas fun, ( which I do),and is trying to save money ( I am partly Scottish),your collection would be a lot easier and as I said, looks very well chosen.

G

gillian2

furniture

I have done a little homework on this as our friends have recently furnished 4 apartments in Tangiers and they were stunning. They were from the furniture company someone mentioned earlier . Moroccan furniture packages.
They met them and did some research before paying and used PayPal so you are protected if you don't receive the goods.
They rented all of their apartments straight away, after they were furnished, so it was worth it .
I thought about doing our apartment ourselves, but then I looked at Vista rent and you can tell which apartments have been furnished from Kitea and local stores as they look like they are from the 1970's, have a look at some on Colina Smir .
We also looked at the curtains and bedding available to buy,just to get ideas and they were not what we would want , but that is what people have obviously had to buy as there is little choice in Morocco.

If we want to rent it needs to be somewhere to attract people for holidays. Some of those apartments I would not want to stay in for a holiday when it is 560 Euros a week !! Maybe it's just me, as we rent property in Spain and it has to look good in order to get bookings.

So we have deceided to follow our friends advise and use the same company to furnish our apartment.

Does anyone know of any other good rental companies in the area ?

P

proertyKFH

Vista apartments

I have done a little homework on this as our friends have recently furnished 4 apartments in Tangiers and they were stunning. They were from the furniture company someone mentioned earlier . Moroccan furniture packages.
They met them and did some research before paying and used PayPal so you are protected if you don't receive the goods.
They rented all of their apartments straight away, after they were furnished, so it was worth it .
I thought about doing our apartment ourselves, but then I looked at Vista rent and you can tell which apartments have been furnished from Kitea and local stores as they look like they are from the 1970's, have a look at some on Colina Smir .
We also looked at the curtains and bedding available to buy,just to get ideas and they were not what we would want , but that is what people have obviously had to buy as there is little choice in Morocco.

If we want to rent it needs to be somewhere to attract people for holidays. Some of those apartments I would not want to stay in for a holiday when it is 560 Euros a week !! Maybe it's just me, as we rent property in Spain and it has to look good in order to get bookings.

So we have deceided to follow our friends advise and use the same company to furnish our apartment.

Hi i bought 2 vista apartments and the company i dealt with gillian that you were referring to is [yourmoroccanhome] at [co] [uk] i put down my deposit and everything was delivered on time , only company i would use again as they are European foreigners and not moroccan!

PropertyKFH

P

proertyKFH

Vista apartments

Hi i bought 2 vista apartments and the company i dealt with gillian that you were referring to is [yourmoroccanhome] at [co] [uk] for moroccan furniture packs i put down my deposit and everything was delivered on time , only company i would use again as they are European foreigners and not moroccan!

PropertyKFH

S

striiing

This smells a bit funky to me. proertyKFH, that seems like a real promotion for yourmoroccanhome the onlt thing that makes me suspect is its your first post and you just created that account. are you sure 'yourmoroccanhome' and 'proertyKFH' are not othe same people?

B

bess

The people I mentioned earlier that do an excellent rental service ( no, they are nothing to do with me I get nothing for the recomendation and I have been posting for years, in case anyone misunderstands...) are happy for me to pass their name on. three doubleues dot ccmorocco dot com. they are an English couple, Terry and Sue, who have lived a couple of years in Morocco at Cabo Negro, and are very proactive in finding tenants and providing the sort of services like tours, golf,advice etc needed , if required , without taking inflated amounts of money for it. I have had had tenants using my flats while furnishing their own, prior to moving in, who could not speak too highly of the help they gave them.

I

IRS

Furniture packs

hi
my off-plan apartment is due january 2010 but i'm already thinking about furniture packages - any recommendations please? :)
hi , i have recently completed on 2 apartments in marina samir and one in tangiers city . I bought my furniture packs from `citylife interiors' . This is a uk based furniture company who supply uk spec furniture and fittings in morocco. The usually hold stocks of furniture in tangiers .

The furniture i bought from them was far superior to that which was for sale in the local furniture stores . And all the accessories supplied were uk spec . I found them to be honest and upfront. Hopefully you'll have the same experience .

Sorry i have only got their uk no. 07830-100681

G

gillian2

hi , i have recently completed on 2 apartments in marina samir and one in tangiers city . I bought my furniture packs from `citylife interiors' . This is a uk based furniture company who supply uk spec furniture and fittings in morocco. The usually hold stocks of furniture in tangiers .

The furniture i bought from them was far superior to that which was for sale in the local furniture stores . And all the accessories supplied were uk spec . I found them to be honest and upfront. Hopefully you'll have the same experience .

Sorry i have only got their uk no. 07830-100681
Is this the same citylife in Tangiers who others are warning about on other pages of this forum ?Appologises if its not .

MarilynS

MarilynS

Latest info on Bella Vista:

"The large workforce are working 12 hour days to ensure completion for the end of June, there is still a long way to go, but they have assured us that they have to get it finished for then. The complex is in a spectacular position, best views we have seen from anywhere. The finish on the apartments is really good, we have to say it will be beautiful when completed. They are now starting on phases 4, 5 and 6, I believe some people weren't sure if they would go ahead with these 3 phases. The roads are getting ready for tarmacing, but still a lot of diggers etc about so these probably won't be laid until most of the heavy vehicles have moved off site."

CC Services, sarl are in the process of negotiating a contract with a major company for corporate holidays, which will give Proprietors 35-40 nights rental during the high season, year on year. This would normally be 60 nights, but with Ramadan falling part way through August this year, the summer season is being cut short. Further negotiations are currently under way.

CC Services currently requires 20 apartments, spread over various complexes. However as they have set on a number of Agents in various parts of Morocco, they will be looking for additional apartments to fulfil these requirements.

Although CC Services realise that this will probably be too late for Bella Vista Complex this year, as it will be a year-on-year contract, they would welcome further apartments for the future.

Please pass this message on to any friends with apartments in Cabo Negro or Tamuda Bay, who are looking to rent their apartments - CC Services can be contacted by email - [email protected].

Attachments

MarilynS

MarilynS

Completing on BV

Hi all

Some phases of BV appear to be NEARLY finished - pools, although ready, are not filled. Some apartments still need some work which allegedly could take just a matter of days.

When you are told you can complete - this means that your apartment is ready - it does NOT mean that the complex is finished.

It might be wise to delay completing until September/October, and even this may be still a little too early.

There is some question as to whether the habitation licence has yet been granted.

Regards
Marilyn :wavey:

J

jinjan

Hi there, we purchased an apt here in 07 and are planning to come and see everything as we have been told its completed. However from what you have told us Marilyn it seems there is still work to be done (thanks for the update). Are you there currently? Would it be possible to get the developers contact details, email ad etc?

Also can someone advise the best method to get to Tetouan from Cueta.

MarilynS

MarilynS

Hi
I'm not in Morrocco - this info is all from my management company-to-be CC Services who are local to BV and were kind enough to provide the photos above.
We've never had the developer's contact details - try the Notary?
Cueta-Tetouan - hire car? bus? taxi? CC Services?

W

wynne

terry and sue

The people I mentioned earlier that do an excellent rental service ( no, they are nothing to do with me I get nothing for the recomendation and I have been posting for years, in case anyone misunderstands...) are happy for me to pass their name on. three doubleues dot ccmorocco dot com. they are an English couple, Terry and Sue, who have lived a couple of years in Morocco at Cabo Negro, and are very proactive in finding tenants and providing the sort of services like tours, golf,advice etc needed , if required , without taking inflated amounts of money for it. I have had had tenants using my flats while furnishing their own, prior to moving in, who could not speak too highly of the help they gave them.
Good afternoon, please could you forward the details of terry and sue, my freind has just purchased in bella vista cabo negra and may require management, furniture assistance, kind regards wynne