Bella Vista apartments, Cabo Negro, nr Tetouan

MarilynS

MarilynS

Hi
my off-plan apartment is due January 2010 but I'm already thinking about furniture packages - any recommendations please? :)

A

annecy74

who is the agent for bella vista?

Hi Marilyn

Would you please advised me who is the bella vista agent? do you know if they have 2 bedrooms flat?

Many Thanks
az

Hi
my off-plan apartment is due January 2010 but I'm already thinking about furniture packages - any recommendations please? :)

MarilynS

MarilynS

Hi
I've bought through *** and yes, the development does include 2-bed apartments. There are about 600 units altogether and so I would expect that there are lots of them left.

MarilynS

MarilynS

I've just realised that the agent's name has been blocked - take the first letters of 'my recent indiscretion'...

A

allnewmorocco

Hi
Hiya

do the job yourself would be the best bet expect you developer to charge you £10k plus and will be delayed too if you look at the likes of Sania Plage etc best of luck

richard

MarilynS

MarilynS

I too am already coming to that conclusion...
Thanks for your reply.

MarilynS

MarilynS

Fabulous - my favourite furniture retailer!!
I can't seem to get the website to change to English though.
Where are they based?
I take it they will deliver as far as the Med. coast?

MarilynS

MarilynS

Thank you for these shop addresses - the one in Tetouan will be very convenient.

MarilynS

MarilynS

LATEST UPDATE: 03/09/09

I have just phoned Maria at the Marbella office of Martinez who told me everything is still ongoing - the banks are still providing funds and they now have a new(??) man in Morocco!

None other than Saber Maimouni [[email protected]; tel 00212 661 680 166]
So I just phoned him too and he assures me that everything is going well.

Phases 1 & 2 are just about complete, and Phase 3 is work-in-progress on the interiors. He has promised to send me some week-old photos and is taking some more tomorrow!!

He says he expects hand-overs to happen next April.

Richard and I are considering going over there in January to see the state-of-play.

B

bess

Hi-
There are Kitea and Mobilia furniture shops in Tetouan, they are not quite IKea standard, modern European style furniture, middle quality,a bit above what it would cost in Europe. Plenty of other furniture shops too. They will generally deliver and instal the day you buy.

Any package (several people do them, it is handy if you cannot get there yourself) generally gets the stuff from there , delivers, and doubles the price. Plus they are the same as everyone else and seem to prefer everythjing in shades of mud.

You can also get furniture made to your specification in the medina. Towells and sheets are probalby better value and quality if you buy at home and cut down on your holiday clothes for the airline. There are plenty of white goods shops, who will install, also the Marjane supermarket has a good selection of household gadget, tvs etc.

Furniture packages ordered and paid for from the '3stars' property company no one should mention has not arrived and no payment has been returned, SP owners report, be warned

It is fun doing your own furniture buying - you might need to go to Tangier for really top quality European style furniture.

If you would like to stay in my flat just down the road while you organise it, have a look at STRATO . I can also put you in touch with an English couple who will show you were are good places to go and definitivly not rip you off!

B

bess

sorry, not meant to put a web site on, it has been deleted. If you look at a seach engine (name related to a large number) for secret morocco, you will probalby find me should you wish to.

D

dands

Mortgage for bella vista

Hi,i am in the process of buying an apartment bella vista, and i can't seem to get amortgage because of my profit margin for previous 3 years prior to 2009 was at a small loss,i am self employed and can get accountants letter to verify earnings. Does anyone know if there are any mortgage companies that will lend on this basis, moroccan or otherwise? Thanks dands.

MarilynS

MarilynS

Hi Bess

Thank you for the info - I'm afraid I've only just seen your post - don't know how I missed it before!
Please could you provide me with contact details for the local English couple?
Thanks.

B

bess

Hi Marilyn
I have not asked their permission to post their name and number to the world, so if you send me your email, I will pass it on to them and ask them if they would like to contact you. I believe they are in England at the moment for a couple of weeks, but I have a contact number for them.

S

striiing

Bella Vista

Bought a apartment with MRI back in oct 2007. Its due for completion in May 2009. Has anyone on here bought a apartment around the cabo negro area? have you been successful in renting in out this year?

M

moroccanhome

why would u want Ikea when you got yourmoroccanhome

Despite the large number of buy-to-lets in Morocco, the concept of a furniture package in Morocco is pretty new. Most people have to go through the painful process of looking for a Joiner to produce the furniture, and if you think dealing with a joiner in your country is difficult, then trying to make sure a joiner delivers your Furniture in Morocco on time! You can of course buy the ready made furniture, but most of it is very expensive and does not resemble genuine Moroccan Furniture that you would want to furnish your apartment with....!

Below I aim to answer all your Morocco furniture related questions.
Many investors ask, “where can I buy furniture in Morocco”. There are a few furniture stores in Morocco, particularly in the large cities, like Casablanca, Marrakech, and Rabat. However, they range from extremely low quality Chinese imports, in stores that copy IKEA, called “KITEA”, to extremely expensive furniture stores, selling the latest Italian and French imports. These stores are targeting the super rich Moroccan class.
However there is a company In tangier who are expatriates and have answered the call from investors to have quality furniture and value for money, so bespoke Moroccan Furniture Packages are the most ideal option!
Being expatriates they know what investors want and can be trusted on all levels of business,to be honest this is a blessing in Morocco ...!
AREAS: Moroccan furniture packages throughout Northern Morocco including; Asilah, Tangier, Tetouan Regions, Saidia.
[yourmoroccanhome].[co].[uk] Hope this helps all !!
Steve

Last edited:
B

bess

How about buying furniture in Spain, hiring a van and bringing it in?

M

moroccanhome

bringing your furniture from SPAIN think again !

Hello Bess
To answer your question :

Firstly You have two entry points by ferry, Tangier port and Sebta (Ceuta)

Van on a ferry is approx 200-300 euros

1.Tangier port, you will be pulled over and asked for a 60% import tax on the cost price of your furniture! then they will find by any means to get BAKSHISH=BRIBE off you and make your trip difficult ...!

Then, to get to your destination if you are out of tangier's there are random police stops on all roads and highways, so you could be prone to more BAKSHISH as they will stop you being a foreigner

2.Sebta (ceuta) Just forget this port as its BAKSHISH Heaven and you will get spun
into Moroccan bureaucracy !

All in all its not worth it !

Go to this site North Moroccan Furniture Packages Moroccan furniture packs its a peace of mind for all investors..!

We Live here and invested here too and know what is best and value for money !!

if you want louise can run through with you any requirements and take it from there!!

She is english and her business partner Annette is swedish the rest of the team are from all over Australia,Holland,USA

Hope this Helps ALL !!

Have a nice day ......

Steve

M

moroccanhome

Furniture From Spain.....?

How about buying furniture in Spain, hiring a van and bringing it in?
Hello Bess
To answer your question :

Firstly You have two entry points by ferry, Tangier port and Sebta (Ceuta)

Van on a ferry is approx 200-300 euros

1.Tangier port, you will be pulled over and asked for a 60% import tax on the cost price of your furniture! then they will find by any means to get BAKSHISH=BRIBE off you and make your trip difficult ...!

Then, to get to your destination if you are out of tangier's there are random police stops on all roads and highways, so you could be prone to more BAKSHISH as they will stop you being a foreigner

2.Sebta (ceuta) Just forget this port as its BAKSHISH Heaven and you will get spun
into Moroccan bureaucracy !

All in all its not worth it !

Go to this site North Moroccan Furniture Packages Moroccan furniture packs its a peace of mind for all investors..!

We Live here and invested here too and know what is best and value for money !!

if you want louise can run through with you any requirements and take it from there!!

She is english and her business partner Annette is swedish the rest of the team are from all over Australia,Holland,USA

Hope this Helps ALL !!

Have a nice day ......

Steve