Being bought a house in Ukraine

• Thread starter Connor O'Donnell
  • Start date
C

Connor O'Donnell

Hello, I am new to this forum, however I have a few questions / need a few pointers on where I stand when receiving property. My parents have decided they want to buy me a property in Ukraine and I was wondering what I/We should look out for when buying, such as hidden fees/taxes, as well as any other general pointers you may be able to give me, as I currently have never owned property. Thank you - Connor

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Can I ask why your parents chose the Ukraine? I would presume your family has some kind of connection or experience with the region? I would guess the investment culture is very different to that in the UK.

C

Connor O'Donnell

Can I ask why your parents chose the Ukraine? I would presume your family has some kind of connection or experience with the region? I would guess the investment culture is very different to that in the UK.
It's a very long story, I have been rather unwell over the past few years and have dreamt about a house in the Ukraine as it is my favourite country to visit, out of the blue they offered me a house, so I'm currently in this position :)