Be Careful When Entering Brazil At This Moment....

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RalphJ

Brazil is having an international squabble with Spain in particular about letting foreigners in the country, but they have also refused the entrance of an Italian and yesterday a German.

They have been refusing entry so far for things such as not having a return ticket, not having enough cash on them (LOL),and one was refused entry because in 2002 he overstayed his 180 day time period per year (which is ridiculous since he would've had to have paid a fine resolving the situation before they allowed him to leave).

Make certain you protect yourself and have everything that could possibly be required or you may find yourself being turned away at the airport.

J

JMBroad

Brazil is having an international squabble with Spain in particular about letting foreigners in the country, but they have also refused the entrance of an Italian and yesterday a German.

They have been refusing entry so far for things such as not having a return ticket, not having enough cash on them (LOL),and one was refused entry because in 2002 he overstayed his 180 day time period per year (which is ridiculous since he would've had to have paid a fine resolving the situation before they allowed him to leave).

Make certain you protect yourself and have everything that could possibly be required or you may find yourself being turned away at the airport.
Well, a colleague of mine lost his documentation and therefore should have paid a fine when he left however he smiled and winked and apologised profusely at the airport and they said "oh ok" and let him out without paying a fine. He's on his way back in a week or two so hopefully they let him in again.

Seems the tourism board is up in arms at this however they aren't making any headway in making things easier. Basically because of the "what you do to us we do to you" mentality. Their argument is that Spain refuses entry to over 10 Brazilian citizens per week (or was it per day!?),so they decided to crack down on Spaniards entering Brazil. Seems now they are expanding that to other countries.

R

RalphJ

Well, a colleague of mine lost his documentation and therefore should have paid a fine when he left however he smiled and winked and apologised profusely at the airport and they said "oh ok" and let him out without paying a fine. He's on his way back in a week or two so hopefully they let him in again.

Seems the tourism board is up in arms at this however they aren't making any headway in making things easier. Basically because of the "what you do to us we do to you" mentality. Their argument is that Spain refuses entry to over 10 Brazilian citizens per week (or was it per day!?),so they decided to crack down on Spaniards entering Brazil. Seems now they are expanding that to other countries.

It must be 10 a day as approximately 480 were refused entry in February. Unfortunately for Brazil they have a reputation of people entering foreign countries on tourist visas and never leaving. Brazil has a history of deploying "tit for tat" tactics even though, normally, the other countries have good justifications for what they are doing....and brazil's kneejerk responses usually appears very childish.

R

RalphJ

Segundo estatísticas do aeroporto de Barajas, em Madri, dois em cada cinco barrados na principal porta de entrada na Espanha em 2007 eram brasileiros.

Cerca de 55% dos estrangeiros que entram no país passam por Barajas. No controle de fronteiras, ainda segundo os dados oficiais de 2007, 50 pessoas, em média, são impedidas de entrar diariamente e devolvidas ao país de origem. Desse total, 20, em média, são brasileiros.

55 people per day that aren't granted entry.....20 are Brazilian.

M

michaelbush

It must be 10 a day as approximately 480 were refused entry in February. Unfortunately for Brazil they have a reputation of people entering foreign countries on tourist visas and never leaving. Brazil has a history of deploying "tit for tat" tactics even though, normally, the other countries have good justifications for what they are doing....and brazil's kneejerk responses usually appears very childish.
The problem is not just that they are refused entry- they are incensed more by the video evidence of the treatment they receive- left for hours with no food or water, and abuse by the Spanish Police in Madrid airpport. Last week there were days of TV reports and newspaper reports.
You are quite right - the Brasilians often do not return and stay illegally in Europe, so do tend to get questioned more. The do not deserve to be treated worse than animals!

N

nickohorny

Oh great! I am flying out there in the morn!

The problem is not just that they are refused entry- they are incensed more by the video evidence of the treatment they receive- left for hours with no food or water, and abuse by the Spanish Police in Madrid airpport. Last week there were days of TV reports and newspaper reports.
You are quite right - the Brasilians often do not return and stay illegally in Europe, so do tend to get questioned more. The do not deserve to be treated worse than animals!

G

Golfingworld

It takes two to Tango or Samba in this case! I would guess Europe has a case as they are swamped on all sides with illegals, Spain has massive problems with Africa. On the other sie those entering that get sent back probably do not have return tickets, money letters of support anda good credible story and the language to explain themselves.
In the meantime, brazil continues to shoot themsleves in the foot ref entry, even bona fide tourists are hassled as I was in Salvador leaving, let alone getting in. All this adds up to yet another nail in the coffin of the alleged economic boom as this is a primary factor where word will travel and prospective "investors" will say .."don't need the hassle I'll go elsewhere".

C

Cam101

Guys look on the bright side! if it is a "tit for tat" thing, there should be no problem for UK residents as we all know anyone can come to the UK and stay for as long as they like!! LOL

R

RalphJ

Guys look on the bright side! if it is a "tit for tat" thing, there should be no problem for UK residents as we all know anyone can come to the UK and stay for as long as they like!! LOL

Not true....I know a brazilian girl from Aracaju that went to England around 2 months ago with an older english gentleman and they didn't let her in.....she had to come directly back to Brazil.

R

Raimundo

Well, IMHO, you might blame it on sex tourism. Foreign men, mostly Americans wht and blk, but mostly blk since 4 in 5 American men coming to Brazil are blk),seedy Italians, perverted Germans, etc; coming to Brazil for one thing in mind, and most bring a bad attitude (the ugly American tude); gives all of us a bad name/reputation. Thanks to in the internet we are seeing to many low class trashy single guys with no idea how to treat people coming to Brazil.

Two thumbs down to sex tourists/mongers. :mad:

E

Edward Briggs

Bummer

Not true....I know a brazilian girl from Aracaju that went to England around 2 months ago with an older english gentleman and they didn't let her in.....she had to come directly back to Brazil.

I bet that ruined his visit !!

R

RalphJ

I bet that ruined his visit !!

I imagine. He's been allowing her to stay in his villa ever since and she's basically moved her entire family in since he's been gone. Not to mention when I've drove by on one or two occasions there have been nice, young, brazilian gentlemen sitting out on their porch conversing with the young ladies.

Some people you just can't reach.:eek:

E

Edward Briggs

That's Funny

I imagine. He's been allowing her to stay in his villa ever since and she's basically moved her entire family in since he's been gone. Not to mention when I've drove by on one or two occasions there have been nice, young, brazilian gentlemen sitting out on their porch conversing with the young ladies.

Some people you just can't reach.:eek:
Sounds like he had might better get back to Brazil and take care of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.