BANSKO PEARL II - Building Stopped - Anyone affected?!?!?

N

nicola.fleck

Hello!!

We (myself and three others) bought an apartment in Bansko Pearl II in November 2006. We were initially told that it would be finished in May 08, this has since been moved to September 2008 and now, apparently building has stopped altogether and is unlikely to resume. Is anyone else affected? We are being advised to start legal proceedings against the developer - has anyone done that before? I would welcome any advice!!

Many Thanks

Nicola

H

hotprt

Hi Nicola
Are you from the UK ? we have the same problem and are not sure where to go next, there must be a lot of people in the same boat as it had 111 rooms ! We do know one of the developers shot the otherone dead !
Look forward to hear what you know.
Regards
Paul Tribe

C

charlie1960

Bansko

its a nite mare, bought from red hot homes how appear to have form other companys then shut them down and walked away, promised much supplied none. dont no wot our option are at the moment:confused:

H

hotprt

we need evidence from as many people as possible, did a Uk estate agent put you onto this developement ?

S

spamella

Hi Nicola

I am an Irish buyer in Pearl 2 and I have the same problem. The last payment was due 28th November but I have not given it because the money i will pay will not finish the apartment off. I purchased through Amba Sun UK. I know relationship has broken down with agent and developer. After asking the developer questions for past 6 weeks which they either ignored or lied they finally came clean and said that the leisure facilities are not going to be built because of money owing to them. Solicitor has clarified that I have been given misleading information. Have you handed over all your money. Would be interested to find out if any other Irish based buyers have been in contact with this site also.

C

charlie1960

Bansko Pearl 2

Are you aware that one developer shot the other and is now in goal!!!!!, RRH are under investigation see Norfolk police for info?????
Apartments are not finished, many have no plumbing, kitchens etc, unsure if present developer will complete???

S

spamella

I am waiting to hear from some other buyers on an irish forum so when I have more detail I will come back to this site.

M

madgen

bansko

Hello!!

We (myself and three others) bought an apartment in Bansko Pearl II in November 2006. We were initially told that it would be finished in May 08, this has since been moved to September 2008 and now, apparently building has stopped altogether and is unlikely to resume. Is anyone else affected? We are being advised to start legal proceedings against the developer - has anyone done that before? I would welcome any advice!!

Many Thanks

Nicola
I have bought on Pearl 1. Did you buy through Ambasun UK by any chance? What is your current situation?

W

want-to-ski

I bought off plan in Bansko. It turns out the developers i bought from were corrupt. one partner of the development company stole €7mil and the other shot him. so one dead, other in jail. Then, my lawyer - who i thought was independent - turns out she was in bed with the dead developer and is being investigated for selling some of the same properties several times over and also for skimming on the contracts and pocketing the difference (secretly negotiating a separate contract for the purchase at a lower price, under the authority granted under POA, but never showing the real contract for ownership - that she signed).

I have made two thirds of stage payments but now building has stopped and I do not actually know if I own anything.

Where can I find a lawyer I CAN TRUST to sort this mess out for me?

I would also like to join some kind of consortium, if there is one.

PS there was an article on this ‘investigation’ in the Guardian on November 27th

PPS there are still websites selling this property.

C

charlie1960

bansko

we went thru Manzanares lawyer, hopefully all is well still waiting for confirmation and details of access.

W

want-to-ski

Thanks Charlie 1960,

Are you also in Bansko Pearl II?
How did you hear about/find Manzanas?
is there anywhere we can go to keep up with the court case or progress against Stil Tak?

K

KellyL

Has anyone any news regarding Pearl Bansko II

Has anyone heard anything more regarding this?? We are supposed to be getting a little money back plus retaining title deeds once the property is sold on but we have not heard anything and we have sent several emails to our lawyer (who we are not sure about, have heard some bad things but cannot say if they are true or not). Also we are worried that the apartment may not be ours although we have had someone translate our document to say that we own it. I have heard that it is only yours if the company has put their stamp on it?? when it goes through the courts. We are currently paying off a mortgage on this property, idea was that it would look after itself. We are in now in financial difficulty and do not know which way to turn. Please help.

Kelly

N

nicola.fleck

We are still none the wiser, our lawyer is doing very little, looks like we nay get some money back although lawyer isn't returning emails and so we are not holding our breath. We had paid 3/4 of the price fir the apartment. Does anyone know if it's actually going to get completed by anyone?

K

KellyL

I managed to actually talk to our Lawyer in Bulgaria last week!! She said that there was no news on the sale of the Pearl II. No buyers and no money oweing to us until they find a buyer which is not going to happen until the market starts picking up. She also said that if the property does get sold then the apartment is not going to be worth much due to the recession. She reiterated that the apartment was owned by us but i suppose that remains to be seen, the only thing we can do is sit and wait. Who knows a miracle may happen.

T

Timithypaul

I managed to actually talk to our Lawyer in Bulgaria last week!! She said that there was no news on the sale of the Pearl II. No buyers and no money oweing to us until they find a buyer which is not going to happen until the market starts picking up. She also said that if the property does get sold then the apartment is not going to be worth much due to the recession. She reiterated that the apartment was owned by us but i suppose that remains to be seen, the only thing we can do is sit and wait. Who knows a miracle may happen.
Best Of Luck Bansko is a disaster apartments advertised in Estate Agents here in Ireland for 10,000 Euro fully completed.

K

KellyL

Thanks for the info. it looks like we are doomed then for the timebeing!!

C

crispy bacon

Hi all

I am collecting information on the MSE site regarding ******* & brendan maxwell, anyone caught up in this mess and i know their are lots of people, i need your help.

we have tried many things to get our apartment but now is the time for a different course of action.

The idea is dig out as much detail and facts about brendan maxwell and his companies as we can. place them all on one site and see what we can come up with

i can contacted on the MSE site

crispy

W

want-to-ski

Has anyone heard anything! i see that google earth has ariel pictures now of Bansko. Can anyone point out the building, i cannot find it?

N

nicola.fleck

Dear all,

We have lost contact with our lawyer, despite paying her more money - she doesnt answer emails or the phone.
We have recieved nothing from this development, we paid 3/4 of the total price, and its not looking like we will receive anything back. How is everyone else doing?

H

hotprt

As far as I can tell any money paid to anyone is just going in their pockets as there seems to be no action can be taken on a lost cause, and they know it ! Also what condition is a building going to be in, four years down the line when it has been stood empty and unfinished ? It will be derelict and probably have to be knocked when ( if ) things do improve ! I just regret not buying in a true EU country !