ad

Bank robbery

S

Scottishyeltz

I owned a hotel and several properties but waked away due to stress. Of course I had mortgages, but the bank sold them without informing me. This happened in Scotland several years ago, did the bank act within the law? I never faulted a payment, and they never informed me of their plans. Is there anything I can do now? Thanks.

S

Scottishyeltz

Come on, someone must know someone that can help me?

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Although you walked away did you continue to pay the mortgage after that?. If you stopped paying then the bank were entitled to repossess.

S

Scottishyeltz

Although you walked away did you continue to pay the mortgage after that?. If you stopped paying then the bank were entitled to repossess.
I believe family and staff kept business going until sold. No debts were ever called. I never returned, still don't know where all my money went. All my family and friends were never contacted again.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
You believe?
Do you also believe that they continued to pay the mortgage?
As I said if the mortgage was not paid the bank had a right to repossess and sell it
It seems to me that you are not actually sure of what happened after you walked away.

S

Scottishyeltz

I do know that the bank had an agreement with my Auntie and possibly my sister to keep the hotel working until sold. The hotel was the heart of the business and would certainly have covered my mortgages. I have never been in contact with anyone since I walked away.

B

Barny

Having just read the previous comments, I'd agree with Veronica's point of you saying 'I believe' and that leads on to your final comment:

I do know that the bank had an agreement with my Auntie and possibly my sister to keep the hotel working until sold. The hotel was the heart of the business and would certainly have covered my mortgages. I have never been in contact with anyone since I walked away.
How do you know the bank had an agreement with your aunt and sister? If they were to take over anything then I'd have thought you would have to sign something legal to confirm this rather than it just being some form of verbal agreement?

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, if you walked away and haven't been in contact with anyone since, to me that indicates there is bad blood between you and the remaining family and if this is correct, how can you be sure all debts are paid, were letters addressed to you opened or binned, etc, if it's all in your name? If I were in your position, despite it being 'several years ago', I'd be inclined to contact the banks or mortgage company directly and ask them for a full overview of what happened to the status of the account from the time you walked away, after all, if they were in your name, you should be entitled to this information.

Saying that though, you'll just have to hope you don't have a black mark against your name and you now calling them could actually result in them saying they've been trying to contact you for x no. of years due to non payment and you owe £000's...?