D

Dick Dawson

banana resort cumbuco

olicombet said:
hi
me and a friend have just bought one unit each in phase one
is anybody interested, we can chat!
cheerio
I don't know this resort. Where can I find out more about it?

D

deedee1

Re: Property?

:) Hi all,

I think its called banana residential in brazil isnt it??
Google it and some info should come up!

See ya D :)

O

olicombet

Dick Dawson said:
I don't know this resort. Where can I find out more about it?
hi 2ks away from cumbuco
35 ks north of fortaleza

W

wolfgang

Banana Residential Club Forteleza.

There are only 100 units in total and well over half of these have already been sold in just over 3 weeks.
Apparently there is a 15% price increase scheduled for the end of this month.
I have already carried out a lot of research in respect of this opportunity and will be visiting N.E Brazil within the next 4 weeks to check out the area etc.Shall post pics on my return.:)

O

olicombet

banana resort

i will be there myself in 10 days
my house will be completed in May 2008, also will my friend's be, plot next to mine
i will post pictures as well
[email protected]

O

olicombet

hi there
checked marcelo ruiz comments on another thread
and wonders why i was then asked to pay in euros in europe
anyone knows if this is legal and what are the potential risks?
cheerio

W

wolfgang

Did you make the payment direct to the developer or via a solicitor?

O

olicombet

hello

wolfgang
i sent the money (reservation fee) 1 000 euros to the madrid based sales company's sollicitor and i am now wondering if paying 100% in euros in europe is safe and allows to get all my money back if i want to re-sale in a near future
i read somewhere this was not the official way to proceed but need to know if can be done anyway
cheerio

A

andyk2

Deposits at Banana Villas

Hi Oli et all. The reservation deposits are going to either Legalex or Manzanares, where they are held in Escrow (ie perfectly safe). They stay there until contracts are signed and balance of deposits are paid. Thereafter, all the money is transferred to Brazil and registered with the Brazilian Central Bank. This is to ensure that the amount shown on the escritura is the same as you are paying for the property.

Please pm me if you want me to call and talk this through.

Andy

O

olicombet

Hi Andy thanks a lot
so in that case i guess there is no risk at all and that i can re-sell at a later stage complying with brazil laws and being able to retrieve all my money back?
thanks for your help
[email protected]

A

andyk2

Absolutely right

Spot on Oli. As long as the money is registered as entering Brazil (which it will be after contracts are signed),there will be no problem taking the money out.

W

wolfgang

Better still,why repatriate at all?
I am using the acquisition as leverage onto and up the Brazil property ladder and intend to reinvest the future proceeds in a more expensive up market property thus avoiding C.G.T.

O

olicombet

hi all
i was there in order to have a site visit at cumbuco banana resort
it looks ideally located 1/2 hour drive to fortaleza, 2 ks from lagoon and 4 ks from cumbuco beach
i am about to confirm a plot that i booked in phase one
more information? contact me!

N

newkidontheblock

does anyone know the latest regarding this development. looks good value for money in a nice location. limited availability though

A

ady1231

good advise
I think you guys got a very good deal. Now they are selling for 120K Euros.

One other option, is to buy a plot of land, closer than banana residence, and build a villa your self. 450 sqm plot 300m from the beach is for about 25000 usd!

N

newkidontheblock

yes it does seems like a good investment. Any ideas how many are left to sell as as pre christmas they were selling fast

Status
Not open for further replies.