Banana residential latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JMBroad

Haha so it is, hadn't thought of it that way - that would be "Residencia dos Bananas" though wouldn't it, at least in Portugal they change gender to indicate the difference between the two.

Uma Banana - A banana
Um Banana - A fool/mug

P

PAUL-brasil

People -

My advice is stay away form highly publicized developments made from outsiders or gringos operating in Brazil. Pound the pavment on your own. Be independent and search out areas you want to invest. Try and find trustworthy Brazilians, which can take years.... Better yet, move to Brazil and live a minimum six months (rent) before you decide to invest. Better safe than sorry. Honestly, I say invest outside Brazil. Chile, BA, Peru, DR offer much better ROI.

My opinion.
Typical crap advise as usual! Like how can the majority of investors can give up their jobs and what ever else to live in Brazil for 6 months before investing. Thats good for the retired or with work visa s who what to LIVE in brazil permanantly, but not for the investors you are aiming at, not really logical for them to give up all and live here first is it.

Oh and my investment in Brazil is doing great, best thing I did especially with the property markets in so many other parts of the world.

P

PAUL-brasil

Latest on the Banana residence

From last week this project now has all licences in place (apparentely),They have put up a sign infront of the development to advertise this also. The construction, so I am told, is suppose to start next month.

I visited the development today, they were about 5 grounds men there working keeping the area in neat condition. I took pictures of the plots, the already made football field, the swimming pool, bar area and the lagoon at the back of the site and the man made lagoon at the front by the road.

Also I spoke with Property Showrooms a few days ago who were one of the main promoters of this development. They appologised to me about not informing their clients about what was going, more due to the fact that they didnt know (and was obvious to see that they didnt know much about developmenting in Brazil in general). They also informed that they will soon be putting it back on the market, as the developer had only just recently informed them that they would be actually collecting the town hall approval at the end of this month, then to sell the last remaining units at R$249,000 and not at the 115,00 euros as previously thought. Property Showrooms then also sent me an email confirming this.

Although the development area in general looks smart enough (although I personnally dont like the designed houses),the residential area next to it is not so good and a very poor area. The main village area and beach of Cumbuco is 5KM away around the bendy road. I have pictures of these also so if anyone is interested rel pictures instead of computer design then send me a ppm with your email then I would be happy to forward them onto you.
Best regards all,
Paul

T

theadebo

When they decided to name this project 'Banana' do you think they knew that Banana is slang for Mug, Fool easy target, etc in Brazil.
The story goes something like this:
There was a wealthy guy sometime ago that owned all the land around the lagoon. At some point he married a very beautiful young woman, who over the years proceeded to have affairs with pretty much every man in the local area and spend lots of his cash. The wealthy land owner was apparently completely oblivious of all of his wife´s extra marital affairs, although everyone else knew about it. He was being played for a fool and so that became his local nickname ´The Fool´ aka ´Banana´, and the lake that he owned become known as... the fools lake... Lagoa da Banana. The name has stuck, and is still used for all of the area around the main lake.

I think in the end he found out about his wife, lost the plot and killed her or sommat, I can´t remember the end of the tale.

Given the saga of this development ´Fools Residence´ does seem a highly appropriate name for the project.

Last edited:
P

PAUL-brasil

:D MAYBY I know you ,seems to very familiar talking of good investment CRAP
Sorry to read that your girlfriend has had a difficult time, sincerly. But really whats with the paraniod attitude, rest assurd you dont know me. I live here in Fortaleza, bought my resell beach villa 2and a half years ago on the ground after much searching here myself, and then refurbished it, the area that I choose and the properties like for like here have risen considerably, on the brazilian market. Sorry if thats an annoyance to you.

Regards
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.