Bahia Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ETON

Has anybody got any general details about Bahia. For example transport links, places to visit, what it would be like to invest in this region, or any specific area s in Bahia that are good for property investment.

T

timatthebeach

have spent a little time in bahia and would look around bay of all saints (baia todos santos) just south of salvador. and work down from there through morro de sao paulo (fairly pricey but established)
to boipeda (cheap but more tricky)
to itacare - seems like pretty good place some major developments there (sao jose villas, and a 6 star hotel but i cant remember the name) with a larger airport (capable of taking international flights) coming soon - although soon in brazillian terms is always longer than you think.

T

timatthebeach

just remembered the name of hotel near itacare is warapuru.
itacare, marau peninsula and the warapuru have their own webistes in english if you want to have a look.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Has anybody got any general details about Bahia. For example transport links, places to visit, what it would be like to invest in this region, or any specific area s in Bahia that are good for property investment.
I have been there a few times, but not a great deal was happening development wise when compared to Natal.

I liked Morro de Sao Paulo a lot, but I am not sure about investing there. My opinion is that they are taking the p*** with the tourists with taxes, prices and bad service, which will bite them on the hand eventually unless they do something about it. The local council are now charging a tax when you land that is supposed to be used for improvements to the island which is not happening.

In Salvador I have heard that the local govt. is cleaning up the old town, which is great as the last time I was there 2 years ago it was a bit hairy, so maybe look there as well.

I also hear there is some action around the bay of all saints regarding developments, which I am going to have a look at soon, so that is probably your best bet near Salvador.

Regards,
Rob.

Balmy Bahía, Brazil Property

E

ETON

Thanks again I'll take a look at Salvador but I'm getting the feeling that Pipa near Natal might be a better option, can you recomend any other areas near Natal?

R

RalphJ

Salvador is absolutely chock full of developments and is extending all the way north to Costa do Sauipe. Large Portuguese, Italian, and Spanish development companies have invested there over the last 5 years building resorts, condominiums, and high rises.

Salvador is one of, if not the nicest cities, citing infrastructure etc, in the northeast of Brazil. I'll give more details later when time permits.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks again I'll take a look at Salvador but I'm getting the feeling that Pipa near Natal might be a better option, can you recomend any other areas near Natal?
Hi Eton,

We have a lot of developments in Pipa, and some are only available through uv10, so have a look at the developments on our property page. Pipa is the most established area outside of Natal and is very popular with tourists so anything there is selling quickly (we finally decided on a apartment to buy in pipa last night :)).

Other than that Tibau do Sul is an up and coming area, Cotovelo I like as well (we are just listing a very nice development there) as it is close to Ponta Negra but quiet. There are also a few interesting projects in Ponta Negra.

If you want to take a longer term view then places north of Natal like Jacuma and Maracajaú are well worth looking at.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Rob.

R

RalphJ

ETON;

For anyone to state that there hasn't been much happening in Salvador Bahia in comparison to Natal, especially over the last 5 years until this moment, doesn't know what they're talking about....and that's a fact.

If you're interested in Salvador Bahia send me an e-mail and I can direct you to any one of at least a dozen projects that are going on at this moment and being constructed by large, reputable, european and/or brazilian companies.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
ETON;

For anyone to state that there hasn't been much happening in Salvador Bahia in comparison to Natal, especially over the last 5 years until this moment, doesn't know what they're talking about....and that's a fact.

If you're interested in Salvador Bahia send me an e-mail and I can direct you to any one of at least a dozen projects that are going on at this moment and being constructed by large, reputable, european and/or brazilian companies.
Sorry, I should have rephrased my statement about Salvador, what I meant to say was that there weren't many interesting developments in Salvador at the moment, especially when compared to Natal.

Regards,
Rob

R

RalphJ

I'll post numerous interesting Salvador developments in the next few days as soon as time permits.

E

ETON

RalphJ - Do you have any more details on Salvador, I'm keen to know more about the place, are there any websites you can point in my direction.

R

RalphJ

RalphJ - Do you have any more details on Salvador, I'm keen to know more about the place, are there any websites you can point in my direction.

Eton;

I've called the builders that I know in Salvador last week. There are numerous developments there at the moment, and one upcoming that is going to be excellent and I'm sure will sell out quickly. It will be built by one of the most reputable builders in Salvador that does a lot of work for the Salvador and Bahian gov'ts.

I'm planning a trip to Salvador here in the very near future....hopefully before the end of the month as long as my schedule permits. And I've already made arrangements to meet my contacts and take photos and get all the details and will post here as soon as possible.

GL

T

timatthebeach

hi eton

if your not looking too far out of salvador i saw a place called Ilha de Cajaiba which i think will be available later this summer they have a website its ilhadecajaiba dot com.

there are also some stunning beaches in salvador with top notch looking buildings next to them mainly blocks of flats but i dont know the names of areas - a visit is always a good thing.

itacare and around it (marau peninsula - where mercedes sold alot of beach frobnt land to a developer but no plans yet i have found. mercedes used the land to grow coconuts as they used the fibre from the husks to stuff car seata apparently) is very nice with airport at ilheus. one example is villasdesaojose dot com.

E

ETON

timatthebeach - Ilha de Cajaiba looks lovely how far is it from Salvador, do you have any details about property prices:)

T

timatthebeach

hi eton

i know that it is all saints bay - as you look at it on a map it is the north west of the bay. other than that i dont know much more than what is on the website. i bumped into an agent in salvador last year but didnt have the time to go out to the island so just took website details, i do know that release has been delayed already i guess by licence applications ??
i am not an agent or developer, i just like brazil and have bought a plot of land in itacare and buying flat at GNG (if it gets going?)
am off there later today as it goes :D

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
timatthebeach - Ilha de Cajaiba looks lovely how far is it from Salvador, do you have any details about property prices:)
Hi Eton,

I have been to the island and we are going to list it when they release the project, but we don't have a date yet (we asked last week).

The old house on the island (which is going to be restored) is pretty amazing, it is built on a massive scale for one aristocratic family, the kitchen is nearly the same size as my house!!

Regards,
Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.