Bahia based new poster

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coqueiro

Hello forum :)

Stumbled across this forum when doing some research on the Brazilian property market, wish I had found it earlier!

It does seem very RGN and Ceara centered. I guess this is where the big developments are taking place. I can bring some (south) Bahia experience to the forum.

I am an English guy and have lived in Brasil for 4 years, the past 3 and a bit years have been having a great time running a pousada in Itacare.

I also have experience of buying land and building in Bahia, particularly Itacare.

My current goals are to finish off a small development in the village of Itacare and spread my investments a bit wider perhaps buy an apartment in Salvador.

T

timatthebeach

hi, you dont run a pousada called bamboo do you ?

Last edited:
C

Coqueiro

No mine is called Coqueiro Verde not far at all from Bamboo.

FCZ

FCZ

First Annual Totally Property (Brazil) Get-Together!!

No mine is called Coqueiro Verde not far at all from Bamboo.
It will be held on Coqueiro Verde pousada (special prices). Caipirinhas are on the House!!!:):)

J

JMBroad

I've heard a lot of great things about Itacaré from someone I used to work with who bought a couple of properties there - he sure makes it sound wonderful - I've not had a chance to visit yet though unfortunately.

C

Coqueiro

Hi JM, its very nice here, a Bahian surf town set in a back drop of rainforest.

Land and property prices are very high though.

C

Coqueiro

If its the same place he managed to sell his house a year ago and he had already changed his rooms to kitchenettes and rents them long and short term.

J

JMBroad

You around most days Coqueiro? I'm in Fortaleza at the moment but end of next week after visiting Natal I'll be in Porto Alegre, maybe I can pop over and say hi.

Never mind, just re-read your post - thought you said you ran a pousada in Porto Seguro, you'll probably be too far away for me to "pop over" hehe

C

Coqueiro

You around most days Coqueiro? I'm in Fortaleza at the moment but end of next week after visiting Natal I'll be in Porto Alegre, maybe I can pop over and say hi.

Never mind, just re-read your post - thought you said you ran a pousada in Porto Seguro, you'll probably be too far away for me to "pop over" hehe
Itacare is another 6 hrs drive north of Porto Seguro and about 7hrs drive south of Salvador.

There was a hotel Coqueiro Verde in Porto Seguro I do not know if it is still open though. They let their domain names lapse and I snapped them up!

Pousada Coqueiro Verde - Itacaré, Bahia, Brasil is my place

J

JMBroad

Yup I misread your original post. I'm in Porto Seguro at the moment, arrived just as the rain stopped (same thing happened when I arrived in Fortaleza, Natal and Salvador so if anyone wants to pay me to visit their town for a couple of days of sun, just let me know) ;)

J

JoshL

Coqueiro,

Good to hear Itacare being mentioned. I lived there for awhile, but I do not remember meeting you.
I love it there because I am a surfer. I bought some land there, but my brazilian wife does not want to live there. I can understand her reasons.
The main problem there is just a lack of structure. No decent grocery store. You really have to travel to Ilheus or Itabuna for everything including the domestic airport.
Itacare is geared for the eco-tourist that will stay a week.
I hope that will change someday without ruining the town.
Has the new resort Warapuru changed anything there? Can you still go on the beach there?
Good luck with your Pousada and future projects. next time I am there I will stop in to say hello or maybe stay at your pousada.

C

Coqueiro

Hi Josh

I had a good look around Brazil before choosing Itacare. Travelled up the coast all the way round to Manaus! Decided this unique place was for me, got in just in time as prices are through the roof now...

I like the rain forest, the rivers, beaches and the vibe of the town. You can get most things here now, but I travel to Itabuna at least once a month to stock up. Now I have adjusted to life here, I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else in Brazil.

You can still surf on Engenhoca, and the 6* hotel debacle has stalled at about 50% completion!

Status
Not open for further replies.