Avenida Liberdade in Lisbon

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

greg

Im interested in commercial property on Avenida Liberdade in Lisbon.

Other prime locations will be considered.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone...

F

f_ribeiro

Hello

May I ask you what kind of business you have in mind?

I am an architect so I won't try to sell you anything, but maybe I can point you to other locations in Lisbon and around that might be interesting.

F

f_ribeiro

In that case, you should have a look at Alcantara area, specially Avenida 24 Julho were most of the trendy bars are located. Another area that might interest you is the Expo area, more upper class and people around 35/40 years old.

Av Liberdade is good for an hotel. Is very central (but I believe there are a couple of them already). But for a bar/Restaurant you have a problem regarding parking space. Also is an area that has no local people at night.

J

JMBroad

Interestingly enough though, "Luca" restaurant opened in 2001/2002 just off Av Liberdade if I remember correctly and has made a killing ever since, with lunch and dinner fully booked out even without the parking space.

Nightclub will probably be tougher to find a good location as there are still a lot of residential areas on Av Liberdade, and people want to drive to a venue and then walk from one bar/club to the next. However the location could probably be a good choice for a restaurant or bar (assuming you envision something different than the traditional "tasca" or "barzinho" of which there are dozens all over the place). People can always get the metro to your location and have a nice little walk down to the Rossio (to go to the theatre after an early meal) or up to the Bairro Alto.

So while I agree that traditionally Alcantara, Av. 24 Julho and Expo area are generally the more logical locations, the fact that there are very few medium-upscale options on Av. Liberdade could be a boon. In the Alcantara area specifically there are not only dozens of trendy bars and restaurants available but also most of them are established venues which will be heavy competition for a new opening.

Last edited:
J

JMBroad

Wow time flies.. seems it opened later than I thought...

"LUCA - Rua de Santa Marta, 35 Uptown, Phone: 21 315 0212
This Italian restaurant owned by an Italian has a contemporary interior design and some imaginative and original choices in its menu, from the appetizers to the desserts. It was immediately hailed as one of the city's best Italian restaurants when it opened in the fall of 2004 and has maintained its reputation ever since."

Status
Not open for further replies.