Australian real estate or New Zealand real estate?

• Thread starter totallyproperty
  • Start date
T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
There is an interesting debate about whether Australian or New Zealand real estate offers the best value. What is your opinion?

M

Meaning

Seems no one follows this topic. Recently i have interest to invest the properties in Australia or NZ. Would like to hear any advice about it.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
This moment in time the New Zealand property market seems to be booming, with some experts calling for a cooling off period, while the Australian market is starting to show signs of running out of steam. Indeed just recently the authorities made changes to the borrowing rules for off plan property investments which could have a strong impact going forward.

M

Meaning

This moment in time the New Zealand property market seems to be booming, with some experts calling for a cooling off period, while the Australian market is starting to show signs of running out of steam. Indeed just recently the authorities made changes to the borrowing rules for off plan property investments which could have a strong impact going forward.
Thanks for reply, @Longterminvestor I really like NZ and Australia and have the dream living there when retired (long way to go). Thanks for mentioning the off plan property, that's a nice idea to put money bit by bit there since now I work and live in Dubai.

L

lookinginvest

Historically both markets have done fairly well although Australia always seems to grab the headlines. There seems to be a general consensus that there is perhaps more value in New Zealand property compared to Australia but the historic gap between these markets is certainly reducing.

L

Lincoln Boland

Hello,

As we find from the given stats we find that New Zealand offers best value.

Country Annual rise in real terms Price vs rents Price vs wages
Australia 6.6% 145 128
New Zealand 8.2% 170 132

R

ricky199014

Seems no one follows this topic. Recently i have interest to invest the properties in Australia or NZ. Would like to hear any advice about it.
Well I do not know much about the NewZealand but I can tell you that you can invest in Australia region. This is bit kindda contentious thing. Since property prices fluctuate with time. You cant be damn sure what would happen in the future. But you if are really interested then you never know.

NewOrleansHomeBuyer

NewOrleansHomeBuyer

New Orleans Property Investor
I would say Australia is safer due to the larger population and economy.