Atlas Golf - Marrakech

Z

Zed

Hi RedAngel7861

Thanks for the advice and concern. I did take the keys away from security but currently have no option but leave it with them to try and get the faults fixed.
However if I decide to keep the place, 1st thing I'll do is change the locks.
I have made some very good friends in Marrakech (managers at a riad I used to stay in) who will manage the apartment for me. They actually have an appointment with Abdul Razzaq today , but whether he turns up is another story.He was handed a snagging list when I went off to Essaouira for a week. Nothing was carried out upon my return and couldn't chase anyone up as it was the weekend ! Shame really as when I met the guy he seemed OK. I have written a few stern emails to their director, but I'm not holding my breath ... we'll see what happens !
I did actually snag the property thoroughly before handing over the final payment. However Electricity and water can only be connected once the property is in your name so couldn't test plumbing or electrics, where most of the current problems lie.
Add to that other post inspection damage possibly caused by unauthorised use and you have an undesirable situation.

My Apartment is in Block 20, where's yours ?

Ramadan Kareem.

R

redangel7861

Hi Zed,

I have a two bed solarium (Top floor) on block 18. It overlooks the olive trees to the back of the resort.

One thing to note with electricity and gas charges. Standard charge (if no use) should be as follows in MAD:

1) Standard charge for water: MAD 9,74
2) Standard Charge for electricity: MAD 8,86

Anything above and you'll know that there has been inappropriate use of the apartment.

Also get your property registered via the land registry (deeds) via a solicitor.

Get the locks changed ASAP and make sure all copies are with your Management Company.

While you were in Marrakech had the approach lighting to the resort (street lighting) been switched on?? I was assured by Mr. Mechkour regards this matter i.e. lights would be switched on by Radeema by May 10. I was also assured that the first nine holes of the Golf Course will be complete by October10.

Also note that effective June 10 "City Red" are now the Management Company for AP1 i.e. responsible for security, gardens and swimming pools.

Ramadan Kareem.

R

redangel7861

Uk based owners group

I think it's important that we get a list of UK owners and form some type of "UK Owners Group".

This will provide a good forum for us to express views, news, concerns and bring issues as a group to the Developer and Management Company if need be.

Z

Zed

Hi RedAngel

By the approach lighting do you mean outside the resort ... if so ... it hasn't been switched on. I seem to remember it was dark all the way before we got to the security gates. With regards to the Golf course , we didn't see any evidence that this was would be complete by Oct but then again we didn't enquire as we were more concerned about the state of the flat.

Ours also looks onto the Olive trees ... I think we may be neighbours !

Z

Zed

City Red

Hi RedAngel

Your idea of a UK owner forum was a good one.

Now about City Red, I was under the impression that they were based in Morocco not in the UK? Is that correct and do you have their web site address ?
Can you tell me what they charge for
1) General management
2) Managing rentals

Thanks

R

redangel7861

Hi Zed,

They were orginally set up in Leeds and Manchester by UK based individual.

Now have plush offices in Marrakech (Gillez area).

Link:Cityred® Morocco: Live for Morocco. Everything you need to travel to Morocco, from Holiday Rentals, Holiday Apartments, Riads, Luxury Hotels, and Real Estate Investments and Property for Sale in Morocco. Weddings and Special Events in Morocco.

Speak to a Salim Arkadan (Director of UK based Operations).

E-mail:[email protected]

Tell him you got the details from Salim in UK (no, were not the same person just a coincidence) :)

Regards costs you need to speak to them. They have dedicated and professional service for:

1) Rentals and rental management;
2) Furniture;
3) Property sales (if you wish to sell)

They all speak good English.

Let me know how it goes.

Z

Zed

Thanks for City red contact details *.... much appreciated. I was given the same link by one of GFM employees but didn't pursue! However I had a quick look and seems interesting.*
Good news on the apartment .... Abdul Razzaq turned up and 60% of faults fixed and he promised the remainder will be done by next week. I was shocked but I guess my friends pestering them and my constant bombardment of emails must have had some affect ?*
Again thanks for the info. I may be going out there late sep so I'll check the golf course and street lighting for any progress and let you know. Let me know of there are any other questions that you want asked. * * *

B

barry the builder

Great news

I dont beleive it, I received a phone from Fedesa last Thurs, telling me, my bank transfer would be done in GBP, and today I have received my refund of my Atlas Golf purchase less 25% , which with the currency in our fav turns out to be less 15%

Cant believe after nearly 20months from my cancellations, but 14 months from
them acknowledging it, of constant calling and emails plus 2 visits.

I have my Money...good luck to others...
Well done

I have been trying to contact GFM and now Excelia without any luck. I would be very grateful If you could give me any numbers or direct contacts that would help me.

Thanks

Barry

B

barry the builder

Just to let you all know that I'm going to see the apartments at the weekend. I will post some pictures when i return.

M

mumberler

I have a top floor 2 bed on AP1 that I have rented out on an 18 month let through CityRed. If you are looking for a reliable professional copy that can be trusted hen I could not recommend them highly enough. I pay 12% management fee which is well worth the peace of mind.

R

redangel7861

Barry,

Have you decided to go ahead with your purchase then???

R

redangel7861

I have a top floor 2 bed on AP1 that I have rented out on an 18 month let through CityRed. If you are looking for a reliable professional copy that can be trusted hen I could not recommend them highly enough. I pay 12% management fee which is well worth the peace of mind.
Which block are you in???

Im in block 18.

Last edited:
B

barry the builder

Barry,

Have you decided to go ahead with your purchase then???
Hi Redangel

No GFM are refusing to allow my cancellation unless i come and see them face to face. Even though this is an obvious attempt to keep me on board I decided to make the trip in the hope that it will ultimately speed up my re-inbursment. It will also be a nice brake for the wife and myself.

Have you seen the new apartments at the Samanah country club? I haven't looked that closely but on the surface they appear to be less money than Atlas Golf. If so that would make ours a very bad buy. Heres the link http://www.elitesamanahproperties.com/developments/deluxe_apartments_167.php

Thanks

Barry

R

redangel7861

Hi Barry,

Samantha looks nice but is more expensive than AG. A price of a one bed on Samantha is the same price as a two bed on AG.

Must say, that the Smantha development does look top class!!

I wish you luck in getting your deposit back.

B

barry the builder

Hi Barry,

Samantha looks nice but is more expensive than AG. A price of a one bed on Samantha is the same price as a two bed on AG.

Must say, that the Smantha development does look top class!!

I wish you luck in getting your deposit back.

Hi again

I paid nearly 2 million MAD for my two bed which equates to 151,000 pounds plus Tax at 20% which makes it 180,000 pounds. That puts our two bed on roughly the same level as the most expensive two beds at the Samanah and as you know they have three top class 5 star hotels, a jack Nicalaus designed golf course, and lots of shops, all complete. There is no comparison.

I'm def out even if i cant get my deposit back.

Thanks

Barry

R

redangel7861

Hi Barry,

1) I paid MAD 1.6 mill for my two bed (at a rate of just over 17 MAD - fixed the rate via an exchange company);

2) I only paid TVA of 15%;

3) All legal and completetion costs were covered by the developer

So in summary, including furniture I paid about 101k (sterling) for my two bed

AG is located in a better location than Samantha. The apartments are also bigger and the density of build also differs.

Take a look at Samantha while your in Marrakech.

Also, why do you think they have decided to convert the villas into apartments??

They have priced themselves out of the market and have been unable to shift the product. I'm not saying that AG have sold all the development.

But I've been very impressed with what I've seen at AG. I now have a beautifull holiday home that I will be visiting with my family atleast four times per year. Just got back from a trip and loved it. The grounds the swimming pool were clean.

We now have a residence union and chairman who is very influential at Addoha and is getting things done. The golf course has been landscaped and grass seeded.

1st Phase Villas and Riyads are near completion.

It will take time (like everyting in Morocco),but AG is far far better than anything I have seen so far in Marrakech (and I've seen a few) in my numerous visits to Marrakech.

I wish you luck and hope you get your deposit back.