Asilah Marina Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Anybody bought here ? If yes, who are the developers, How many phases are there, Have they got all the paper work, Any other info ?????

I

Iba

Hi,

I bought in Asilah Marina Golf from Simple Overseas Properties and the developers are a group called Asilah Invest

Regards

Last edited:
L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry, who has gone undeground. The developer or simple overseas properties ?

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
subject

I presume that they were estate agents & in the down turn have ceased to operate. If they were estate agents & you have no money with them than it should not matter, However if they were developers than you should worry about it.

I

Iba

Camel,
Hi - sorry but I cant figure out how to PM you - please PM me or tell me how
Thanks

L

Lee Filkins

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
I think you have to be a senior member to able t have pm facility. I have information that could lead you to something useful

I

Iba

Asilah Marina Golf - Simple Overseas Properties

Further to previous post on this subject.

I have been in contact with SOP. SOP informed me that the deposit that I gave them for an apartment in AMG was forwarded to the developers Asilah Invest. However when I contacted Asilah Invest they said they have not received deposit in my name and therefore have no apartment reserved for me. SOP have informed me their sols. are in talks with Asilah Invest in respect of this.

Regards

Iba

Last edited:
B

Berzong

Hi,
I dont know if this information is of any help to you. I have just returned to the UK after visiting the AMG site in Morocco, and have met the lawyers for SOP in Spain and I have now decided to relocate to an alternative finished property elsewhere of which I have been given some options in Spain. I have seen the necessary information regarding the transfer of my funds to Asilah Invest. I suggest that you meet up with these guys as soon as possible to fully understand your situation. As on my visit I have found out that the partner with a 44% shareholding in the site has been in jail in tangiers for some months now.

I

Iba

Hi Berzong,

Thanks for your mail above.

SOP have informed me about the 44% partner in Asilah Invest that is currently in prison. As previously mentioned, SOP have informed me that my deposit was passed onto Asilah Invest but Asilah Invest deny receiving these monies. I am currently waiting for the paperwork from SOP to show that my deposit was transferred to Asilah Invest. You mention you have seen these papers - did these papers actually have your name on them?

Regards

Iba

Last edited:
I

Iba

Asilah Marina Golf - Simple Overseas properties

Just wondering if there is anybody out there who has purchased an apartment in Asilah Marina Golf through Simple Overseas Properties - would love to hear from you if you have.

Regards

I

Iba

Hi hows everyone doing?

Just wondering if any body has any updates as to how the development at Asilah Marina Golf is going?

I tried accessing the developers website today, Asilah Invest, but it brought me to a page saying suspended. Dont know, maybe its me just clicking on the wrong site, but can everybody else access the developers website?

Regards

M

midou

hi

in fact i was in asilah marina golf and the project is still working and theire are almost 1000 apartment ready and they will be deleiverd in decembre 2009 with the golf which is 85% accomplished so i suggest for the people hwo purchased from SOP should contact the developer because he didnt get any money from them and he is ready to solve this problem out.

I

Iba

Hi Midou,

I actually went to the developers office in Tangier and they were no help at all. They tried to sell me another apartment on site in a different location than the one I had reserved and at the full price which means I lose my depoist that I had paid. I do not think they are trying to be helpful but rather just trying to sell off the remaining apartments in the development.
As for whether or not they received my deposit, I just do not know, SOP said they gave teh developers the deposit but the developers said they never received it. Who knows who to believe.
Midou, which agent did you use? How do you know that SOP did not pass on the deposits?

Regards

Iba

M

midou

Dear Iba

I checked all the nesesary papers about the developer first SOP didnt have the right to get the deposits from the clients. Give me your email and ill give you all the information.

M

markwillenbrock

Dear God. Just in case anyone doesn't know, it isn't necessary to pay a deposit to an agent (even though it is legally possible). Pay your deposit to a notaire. Even then, it can be hard enough to get it back! Ideally you should have a bank account in Morocco, and the funds should be paid to the notaire by cheque from that account.

This simplifies the hoops you'll have to jump through to get the money out of Morocco if you subsequently need to.

I

Iba

Asilah Marina Golf, (AMG - The Resort)
Simple Overseas Properties, (SOP - The Agent)
Asilah Invest, (AI - The Developers)

As I have previously mentioned, I paid a deposit to SOP for an apartment in AMG. AI state that they never received my deposit from SOP. SOP state that they gave my deposit to AI. Despite repeated requests to SOP asking for a receipt/documentary proof that they passed on my deposit to the developers, I have received nothing.

I also note that the developers website has been down for several months now - www.asilahinvest.ma - does anyone have any info. regarding this?

If anyone else is in the same situation or if anyone can give me some advise/help, I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Regards

M

markwillenbrock

How much money did you hand over, and how was it paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.