Arrivals in January 2008 - Northeast Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

surfingbrazil

more agent talk

You seem to have neglected to mention the replacement for Air Comet, Club Vacciones are still flying to Natal so they need someone to get them there.

Yes Robh, more agent crap from you.
I know you try to minimise problems.
Obviously a drop in tourism is not good for all the off-plan you try to sell.

But you do not fool me. I know Brazil better than you, good enough to stop believing all the political wishful thinking.

I have very reliable information.

Club de Vacaciones is not flying to Natal right now. Before they had about 250 seats a week with their own Air Comet A-330 from Madrid.
Now to save face, but specially because they had paid some occupancy guarantees to a couple of hotels, they are getting a few seats with TAP via Lisbon.
This is a drastic reduction, so wait and see the figures for the other months; is more than the January 15% drop.

J

JMBroad

JM, you sound like a politician! Everything is fine!

First of all, I knew about the slowdown in tourism in Natal and I told that, not just because
“ I saw few fellows around”.
I have information and now you see I was right.
I was the first one to inform about the pull out of Air Comet and the mess in GS Natal Golf and to anticipate that “THE RABBIT” is against the ropes.

So, indeed, I know some things.

Then again you engage in fruitless discussions.
Think about this:

International arrivals to Natal airport are mainly for tourism. A few might come to work, to sail or in transit but the majority are coming for holidays.

Domestic arrivals, on the contrary, are mainly for all kind of purposes (work, universities, family visiting, transit…) and some of them for holidays too.
You cannot simply mix them to redress your figures. This is politician crap to try to hide that international arrival are dropping like a stone (and more to come, just wait).

The fact that domestic arrivals are increasing is not surprising: RN and its economy are growing and Brazilians have more money to spend and flights are an alternative to busses.

This is happening is Manaus as well................
What I asked when you said that tourism was and I quote:

"What leads you to believe that this will be a bad year for tourism"

You didn't answer the question. If you have information which will benefit all of us and make a statement like that then it would be nice of you to share it.

J

JMBroad

Oh dear, there are fewer international passangers coming into Natal at least 20% sofar and we are only in April and to make matters worse we were hit with the bad news that sales were also down on buyers investing in Natal(quote from the Madrid Property fair it has been very quiet because of the weak dollar!!)
The good news is Brasilians are able to see their country and travel more for the same price as a bus(well almost!)and even travel more frequently overseas as the fares are cheap as the dollar is so weak.
The Madrid property fair was very quiet because of the weak dollar?

Sorry, you lost me there - are you implying that it was mainly Americans visiting the fair in Madrid, Spain in years past?

D

Dotty

Banned
John,go to the other post before with the full posting.The quote was from Fenando Fenandez and Abreu....Diario de Hoje!
The Madrid property fair was very quiet because of the weak dollar?

Sorry, you lost me there - are you implying that it was mainly Americans visiting the fair in Madrid, Spain in years past?

J

JMBroad

Erm sorry Dotty but you've still lost me. The other post before with the full posting? Could you place a link to it? I can't find what you are talking about.

D

Dotty

Banned
There used to be an awful lot of Dutch folk soaking up the sun a few years back along with Italians and Spanish.What has happened to them all?They were frequent visitors that would come here every year and the buggy drivers used to be pretty busy and now it is very quiet and has been for a very,very long time.I remember driving back from Jacuma and we had to wait at least 2 hrs to get on the raft to cross the river as it was so conjested ,but those days are long gone.So I am not convinced that Natal is booming .Sorry.

D

Dotty

Banned
John -Read the article from Diario de Hoje it might be easier for you.
There used to be an awful lot of Dutch folk soaking up the sun a few years back along with Italians and Spanish.What has happened to them all?They were frequent visitors that would come here every year and the buggy drivers used to be pretty busy and now it is very quiet and has been for a very,very long time.I remember driving back from Jacuma and we had to wait at least 2 hrs to get on the raft to cross the river as it was so conjested ,but those days are long gone.So I am not convinced that Natal is booming .Sorry.

J

JMBroad

Hi Dotty. I read both major Brazilian newspapers (Diários) published in Rio Grande do Norte almost every day but I didn't see anything like what you are talking about.

Do you mean Jornal de Hoje?

Nm I've found it, it was in Jornal de Hoje.

The problem with quoting articles as your own words is that sometimes you are asked to explain what you mean. In this case, the journalist obviously meant that the ripple effect of American Subprime is creating doubt in the mind of overseas investors which may have resulted in a lesser attendance at the Madrid fair. However if you read the rest of the article it goes on to mention that there appeared to be less representation of Rio Grande do Norte at the fair (mainly because Grupo Sanchez pulled out) however the result of the fair was "good" with a lot of business being done by several companies and good contact being made with airline companies who are considering establishing flights to Natal.

Prensaescrita.com *

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes Robh, more agent crap from you.
I know you try to minimise problems.
Obviously a drop in tourism is not good for all the off-plan you try to sell.

But you do not fool me. I know Brazil better than you, good enough to stop believing all the political wishful thinking.

Club de Vacaciones is not flying to Natal right now. Before they had about 250 seats a week with their own Air Comet A-330 from Madrid.
Now to save face, but specially because they had paid some occupancy guarantees to a couple of hotels, they are getting a few seats with TAP via Lisbon.
This is a drastic reduction, so wait and see the figures for the other months; is more than the January 15% drop.
Thanks for your opinions on my business and motives, but a 15% drop in international tourism isn't affecting sales at all, I will let you figure out why.

If you knew anything about the airline/hotel industry then you might doubt your source, but since you don't ....

J

JMBroad

Great, we all look forward to you sharing some of your valuable, reliable information rather than just constantly referring to it as an excuse to profess your personal opinion based on what seems to be unreliable guesswork.

D

Dotty

Banned
I have to agree with Surfingbrasil because the statistical figures do show that international flights are way down and thats without including the people with 2 nationalities flying in on International flights and thats points out why the buggy drivers are so quite and the hotels too and we are only in April.I shall be at a hotel next weekend so I will give you some figures.

J

JMBroad

I look forward to it however dual nationalities would increase the numbers, not decrease them further.

M

michaelbush

I have to agree with Surfingbrasil because the statistical figures do show that international flights are way down and thats without including the people with 2 nationalities flying in on International flights and thats points out why the buggy drivers are so quite and the hotels too and we are only in April.I shall be at a hotel next weekend so I will give you some figures.
Why would you expect figures to be good in the low season Dotty. We are now in the rainy season unless you have not noticed the daily rainfall figures, naturally Brasilians know this. Right now it has been raining for around 3 hours solid!

D

Dotty

Banned
Michael ,being an investor(long term)I do know the difference between busy and quiet rain and sun and the sad fact is it has been a weak high season and a miserably wet low season.

D

Dotty

Banned
The reality is............
Michael ,being an investor(long term)I do know the difference between busy and quiet rain and sun and the sad fact is it has been a weak high season and a miserably wet low season.

J

JMBroad

No it would not because entering in you produce your Brasilian documents.
Exactly. SO if you take them into account it would increase the numbers of the international arrivals. In all the statistics they are counted as Brazilian because they go through the Brazilian entry point.

D

Dotty

Banned
But it would still include me as an arrival on an international flight and NOT a domestic flight(and I am European).So take all of us of the list,italians,portugese,spanish,britdh,etc and then there are even far less travellers from overseas.I fly Tap frequently and the flight is always never full high season or low and they only fly 4 times a week.It used to be seven!!
Exactly. SO if you take them into account it would increase the numbers of the international arrivals. In all the statistics they are counted as Brazilian because they go through the Brazilian entry point.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
But it would still include me as an arrival on an international flight and NOT a domestic flight(and I am European).So take all of us of the list,italians,portugese,spanish,britdh,etc and then there are even far less travellers from overseas.I fly Tap frequently and the flight is always never full high season or low and they only fly 4 times a week.It used to be seven!!
How frequently do you fly Dotty?

How long ago was there a TAP flight every day. Must be quite a while ago now?

J

JMBroad

Actually if you read the legend which explains the data you are looking at (which is generally a good idea when reading data so that you know how to interpret it) you will see that what is being recorded is the number of people who go past the Brazilian ID control vs the people that go past the International ID control. In other words, the numbers for international arrivals are only counting those that do not have Brazilian ID, residency Visas, etc. It does not count the number of bodies arriving on international flights. So as I said earlier, if you count those people it would increase the number of international arrivals, not decrease them.

Status
Not open for further replies.