ad

Are you looking too hard for the next property deal?

• Thread starter totallyproperty
  • Start date
T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
While there are literally millions of properties to choose from around the world, do some investors (often inexperienced) look too hard for their next property deal?

Personally I think sometimes when there are issues around the world, such as the Ukraine, terrorism, European economic problems, etc which could potentially impact the worldwide economy, it might not be a bad idea to sit on the fence for a while and look from a distance.

There is no doubt there will always be a potential property deal out there but do we always get the best value and the best deals by constantly looking for the next investment?

C

Clarus

While there are literally millions of properties to choose from around the world, do some investors (often inexperienced) look too hard for their next property deal?

Personally I think sometimes when there are issues around the world, such as the Ukraine, terrorism, European economic problems, etc which could potentially impact the worldwide economy, it might not be a bad idea to sit on the fence for a while and look from a distance.

There is no doubt there will always be a potential property deal out there but do we always get the best value and the best deals by constantly looking for the next investment?
So often we have investors who have a genuine interest in a development but don't take the plunge. Then the development sells and the same investors decide they want to buy. Sometimes we may get a cancellation but more often than not they miss out.

If it's good then it's good. Don't wait and miss out.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
I think with experience investors get a gut feeling for a deal as to whether it is right or wrong.

L

LucasDrape22

When it comes to property deal, I always ask for an expert's advice.

KGeeson

KGeeson

Property Forum Staff
Forum Partner
I think the property investment world moves so quickly, that there is always someone in the wings waiting to snap up a deal if you don't go for it. Although there will always be other opportunities, and there is a fine line between rushing a decision and taking too long to decide - do your solid Due Diligence in a pace that is comfortable for you, then make a decision.

B

Barny

To be honest, I'm always looking at potential property investment, even though at times I know I'm not in the position to invest but just like to be up to date with whats happening.

As mentioned abaove, it is sometimes a good idea to 'sit on the fence' and watch what's happening but also agree that a good investor will know when something is a good deal and worth looking to act on it.

Take the current climate as an example, with the election fast approaching, its unlikely the tax rate will change in the next few months but once the new party has been confirmed, it's believed the base rate will increase as well other things possibly being done to hinder the investor / landlord / BTL market. With this in mind is it worth going out now and investing before these changes or hold out and do it at a later date when investors will know what impact the potential changes will have on them.

As it stands, the rental demand in certain cities is massive and with house prices increasing, albeit slowly, there will always be first time buyers who just can't afford it and those of us fortunate enough to be investors, or have the funds available to invest, will always be a step or 2 ahead of others and will still be able to act in the future.

D

darrenpropertyinvestor

Experienced investors have a very targeted investment strategy and are able to spot deals easier.

For example, we know our investment model so well that we can ignore 90% of properties out there. This is so important because it keeps us laser focused on increasing efficiency in our business.

I agree about being cautious of global issues right now. We're advising clients very differently today than we were 6 or 12 months ago.

A

agnieszka7773

Timing is very important. Many of us miss the opportunity. If we only knew when to buy property investment would be fairly easy. When we are looking into adding value it makes the investment more likely to be successful as we do not only rely on market trends. Good luck to all of us :)

X

xclent

As long as you have a clear strategy on what you are looking for - and what funds you have available, with any lending preagreed - you should be fine.

It is the first time buyers looking for their dream home at auctions etc who are at the largest risk of poor investments, from my experience at least.

S

soniya321

yup when we have the lots of option for anything then we got some confusion if you talk about the property it is so difficult for choose any one best .we have to coordinate to any investor who has full knowledge about property investing areas.

R

robohs

It is never hard to deal in real estate experience matters and knowledge if you have both you are on the safest place to play and enjoy .

R

Raizamea Lupage

real estate investing is very challenging and it is very good way to make a money.

J

Judith Beilby

Premium Member
I would suggest that thorough due diligence and a clear profit forecast and exit strategy will dictate the deal to go for.
Gut feel is important but let the figures decide if the site is worth going for and at what price.

M

Michelle Barringer

Forum Partner
I would suggest that in Uk the market is moving so quickly at the moment that if you find an opportunity it won't be around for long - so you need to access if it is right for you and move quickly or someone else will

S

sergerybrin

I would always prefer real estate investor for take advice .They better knows about the market trends and profit criteria than us.This is good way to make money.