Are we yet to see the worst of the Dubai property market fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sixgun

Dobuy asked

"How much did you lose?is it still hard to accept"?

I put in £50,000, when I got my 100% refund it came back as £54,900 due to the different ex.rate.
i didn't find that too hard to accept.

Now, howabout you tell us about your own investments, and their current status?

Last edited:
W

Wannaberich

Sorry, but no sugar. I don't have to do research on the internet to determine what I know is palpably false (i.e. that 2.5 Billion people live within 2 hours flying time of Dubai).

I believe you've rather simplistically added the populations of India (1 Billion),Europe (0.6 Billion) and Africa (0.9 Billion) to reach the 2.5 Billion number.

As I already mentioned, there is NO WAY that the entire populations of India, Europe and Africa live within a two-hour commute time of Dubai. Not unless they were all flying here on Lockheed SR-71 Blackbirds.

Also, with respect, I was not comparing Dubai to Dacca. I was simply pointing to an example of a city that refutes your implied assertion that a city surrounded by vast numbers of people will inevitably have a booming property market.
Christ did I get it wrong?could there be only 1/1.5billion within a two hour flight?!
Need to get on the net and check my figures again.
Must another 1 billion endure another hour on the plane.What hardship
how will they survive.
Did you check that you can reach the first part of europe in under 4 hours?!
Personally when Ive gone from the UK those 6 hours feel like nothing.
Did you want to guess how many bankers,lawyers etc living in the UK for example
would give thier right arm to live in Dubai.100.000 british living there before the
financial crisis hit shows you distance and 6 hours is nothing.
Do you consider a 4hour flight a breeze?F..k I do.How many people do you think are 4 hours from Dubai?Did you also know that Dubai is launching its new lost cost airline soon.How many extra visitors do you think that will bring?quite a few Id say.Thats not including the worldwide airlines who are adding Dubai to their destination list.In the case of the UK airlines,this includes adding extra flights as in the case of B.A.Its all looking good.
As for Dacca,no just having a large population nearby will not guarantee a booming property market and as you know I never even implied that.
My 2 hour reference was related to the potential for population increase and tourists in Dubai more than anything although potential property investors living nearby needs to be taken into account.
So where do you stand on Dubai?are u a doom monger?Stumbled claims Dubai is 'finished'.What does he mean by that he didnt explain.What the f..is finished?
Where do you think Dubai will be in 10 years?question goes out to all you other
doom mongers aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wannaberich

China and Russia are a two-hour flight from Dubai? Huh? I mean, like, HUH???
I think thats what you call a cop-out.You responded to PropGuy and bypassed
my post.
Were the questions too hard for you?

C

Carl.B

So where do you stand on Dubai?are u a doom monger?Stumbled claims Dubai is 'finished'.What does he mean by that he didnt explain.What the f..is finished?
doom mongers aswell.
I'm agnostic on this whole issue (where Dubai will be in 10 years time). I'm happy to say that I just don't know.

I don't think either you or "Stumbled" can accurately predict the future. No one can. My point isn't that you are necessarily wrong. My point is that your patently inaccurate statements (like "2.5 billion people live within 2 hours of Dubai") do not help your credibility at all.

T

TommyC

doom mongers aswell.
I guess he is at the same standing point as me; simply fed up with the one-sided explanataions about how fantastic and safe Dubai is, and tired people trying to trick people to invest their hard-earned cash at this place. I fell for it, and I won't quietly let people like you continue to trick people into doing that without getting the full story. Your bills seems to be paid by the PR-department of Dubai and part of the agreement seems to be to slam down on anyone that says anything that doesn't promote Dubai one-sidedly. How about giving potential investors the REAL situation. Go to RERA yourself to have a look....ohh, you don't live here...forgot. That was the talk reserved for the RERA approved sales-agents that did (and still do) everything they could (can) to lure possible investors into anything that would get them commission. So tell us again, where are your investments? Isn't it about time you tell us now?

Where Dubai is in 10 years, does it matter? All the poorly constructed buildings cold be just a pile of sand again, who knows. But as the situation is today, I wouldn't recommend anyone into buying in Dubai, way to many issues to sort out (regulations, laws, conditions etc.) before it's time to do that. Something the RERA approved sales-agents conveniently forgot to mention while they were doing their best to get signatures on that piece of paper.

Does that make anyone a doom monger? Do a quick search on google: "dubai scams" and apparently there must be a lot of doom mongers, heck....everyone that's not on the PR-deparments payroll is a doom monger, right, Mr Propaganda?

Example of BS topics that should be removed, or what do you think?
With the supply close to 0% and people piling cash we can see another property rush very soon.
Remember Dubai is the place where cash purchases are more than the mortgage.
Consider buying now, as next year could be too late
Only possibility nothing for certain – a risk can lose but also can win
Like the saying goes, if it sounds to good to be true...

S

stumbled

Christ did I get it wrong?could there be only 1/1.5billion within a two hour flight?!
Need to get on the net and check my figures again.
Must another 1 billion endure another hour on the plane.What hardship
how will they survive.
Did you check that you can reach the first part of europe in under 4 hours?!
Personally when Ive gone from the UK those 6 hours feel like nothing.
Did you want to guess how many bankers,lawyers etc living in the UK for example
would give thier right arm to live in Dubai.100.000 british living there before the
financial crisis hit shows you distance and 6 hours is nothing.
Do you consider a 4hour flight a breeze?F..k I do.How many people do you think are 4 hours from Dubai?Did you also know that Dubai is launching its new lost cost airline soon.How many extra visitors do you think that will bring?quite a few Id say.Thats not including the worldwide airlines who are adding Dubai to their destination list.In the case of the UK airlines,this includes adding extra flights as in the case of B.A.Its all looking good.
As for Dacca,no just having a large population nearby will not guarantee a booming property market and as you know I never even implied that.
My 2 hour reference was related to the potential for population increase and tourists in Dubai more than anything although potential property investors living nearby needs to be taken into account.
doom mongers aswell.
YAWNSSSS.......dude I think you've wasted everyones time here, the topic is finished like your Dubai dream, you bring topic like how many people can access dubai.
I have said it like 20 times you haven't answered my 13 questions and those questions clearly govern for now, dubai is finish, by that I mean the dream is over...they have huge stadiums but no matches, huge infrustructure but nothing to move on em, huge buildings but none to stay...its all fart and no s***.

As for you DOBUY, have you heard of a punching bag??well, thats what you have become out here...THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS PUNCH BAGS ARE FILLED WITH SAW DUST AND YOU My FRIEND ARE FULL OF s***.

You talk of people who can access dubai....well the question is...now listen....HOW MANY CAN AFFORD DUBAI AS OF NOW?? How many people can qualify for a visa there? dubai is all about jobs...where are the jobs?? You talk of people wanting to run to dubai....Dubai doesn't have the democracy or freedom those billions of people want to enjoy around dubai. Dubai doesn't have freedom of press, freedom to reside,to vote,women's right, their own local women don't have as many rights as their own man. Dubai like one of the post mentioned, was 77th best place to settle, I am sure several Indian cities maybe better places than dubai to settle down, lets not forget shangai, hong kong and many more.

You call the purist to invest in Dubai, people with balls...you mean people who have no knowlegde of the market but are prepared to gamble , I ask what appreciation is left in those investments in dubai for one to invest anymore?? I have seen a bargain in Iceland and have gone there to study it, now there cannot be a purist than me, as far as dubai goes, its worse than Iceland, but the king and his empire(makhtoums) live so high up their back sides they don't want to admit that all that they have built is a waste. Dubai is a desert, you can spend billions on it, it all turns to sand dust. All that glitters isn't gold.

Now, that you have achieved the status of a punching bag(gratz),keep it coming this topic as it stands is finished. And yes i've added more questions here and now they are close to 20.

W

Wannaberich

YAWNSSSS.......dude I think you've wasted everyones time here, the topic is finished like your Dubai dream, you bring topic like how many people can access dubai.
I have said it like 20 times you haven't answered my 13 questions and those questions clearly govern for now, dubai is finish, by that I mean the dream is over...they have huge stadiums but no matches, huge infrustructure but nothing to move on em, huge buildings but none to stay...its all fart and no s***.

As for you DOBUY, have you heard of a punching bag??well, thats what you have become out here...THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS PUNCH BAGS ARE FILLED WITH SAW DUST AND YOU My FRIEND ARE FULL OF s***.

You talk of people who can access dubai....well the question is...now listen....HOW MANY CAN AFFORD DUBAI AS OF NOW?? How many people can qualify for a visa there? dubai is all about jobs...where are the jobs?? You talk of people wanting to run to dubai....Dubai doesn't have the democracy or freedom those billions of people want to enjoy around dubai. Dubai doesn't have freedom of press, freedom to reside,to vote,women's right, their own local women don't have as many rights as their own man. Dubai like one of the post mentioned, was 77th best place to settle, I am sure several Indian cities maybe better places than dubai to settle down, lets not forget shangai, hong kong and many more.

You call the purist to invest in Dubai, people with balls...you mean people who have no knowlegde of the market but are prepared to gamble , I ask what appreciation is left in those investments in dubai for one to invest anymore?? I have seen a bargain in Iceland and have gone there to study it, now there cannot be a purist than me, as far as dubai goes, its worse than Iceland, but the king and his empire(makhtoums) live so high up their back sides they don't want to admit that all that they have built is a waste. Dubai is a desert, you can spend billions on it, it all turns to sand dust. All that glitters isn't gold.

Now, that you have achieved the status of a punching bag(gratz),keep it coming this topic as it stands is finished. And yes i've added more questions here and now they are close to 20.
Grumbles you Mumble along with no substance or logic to your arguments.
You ask plenty fo questions but give no answers.You are so bitter towards Dubai that your opinion cannot be taken seriously.
Ciao.

W

Wannaberich

I'm agnostic on this whole issue (where Dubai will be in 10 years time). I'm happy to say that I just don't know.

I don't think either you or "Stumbled" can accurately predict the future. No one can. My point isn't that you are necessarily wrong. My point is that your patently inaccurate statements (like "2.5 billion people live within 2 hours of Dubai") do not help your credibility at all.
Is that the best you can do.Statements without proof.Shame.
As for 'accurately'predicting the future,you're right I cant.I can only give my opinion which is what I have done.

W

Wannaberich

I guess he is at the same standing point as me; simply fed up with the one-sided explanataions about how fantastic and safe Dubai is, and tired people trying to trick people to invest their hard-earned cash at this place. I fell for it, and I won't quietly let people like you continue to trick people into doing that without getting the full story. Your bills seems to be paid by the PR-department of Dubai and part of the agreement seems to be to slam down on anyone that says anything that doesn't promote Dubai one-sidedly. How about giving potential investors the REAL situation. Go to RERA yourself to have a look....ohh, you don't live here...forgot. That was the talk reserved for the RERA approved sales-agents that did (and still do) everything they could (can) to lure possible investors into anything that would get them commission. So tell us again, where are your investments? Isn't it about time you tell us now?

Where Dubai is in 10 years, does it matter? All the poorly constructed buildings cold be just a pile of sand again, who knows. But as the situation is today, I wouldn't recommend anyone into buying in Dubai, way to many issues to sort out (regulations, laws, conditions etc.) before it's time to do that. Something the RERA approved sales-agents conveniently forgot to mention while they were doing their best to get signatures on that piece of paper.

Does that make anyone a doom monger? Do a quick search on google: "dubai scams" and apparently there must be a lot of doom mongers, heck....everyone that's not on the PR-deparments payroll is a doom monger, right, Mr Propaganda?

Example of BS topics that should be removed, or what do you think?

Like the saying goes, if it sounds to good to be true...
Its a shame you havent read my posts otherwise you would see I dont 100% recommend investing in Dubai for everyone.
I have said for those living in countries like the UK where there are bargains to be had in your own country due to falling property prices,you should invest at home.
This is even more so with the currently strong dollar which has made buying in Dubai more expensive.However if the dollar weakened enough then it would
be worth people looking at buying in Dubai.
Those who I would suggest should look are those from places like India,Iran,Pakistan for example where there is not really the opportunity to make money from property investments.Also because these places are close to Dubai it makes investments easier.At the moment there are bargains to be had no doubt.However I would wait a while as the market hasnt bottomed out yet.
Long term Dubai will be a good investment.I would be surprised if it boomed like before although after the last crash in the UK it was said prices would never go up like before yet they did.I can see a mini-boom but at worse a healthy increase
of around 10/15% per year.
For anyone to invest in Dubai I would say for sure to do your homework.As you've implied buying there can be full of trouble.For many who have experienced problems,this was because they did not do their homework and greed got in the way.Dubai is full of crooked developers although hopefully the financial crisis will have got rid of many.Projects like Jum Village were basically full of these criminnals.
RERA can be accused of being useless although when you consider the amount of disputes they have to deal with then you have to ask how are they supposed to cope?
In the past I would have said invest in projects that have begun construction.If u invested in one where a set date in the future was given as a commencement date then you only have yourself to blame when it doesnt happen.I would also have said buy from a reputable developer.The beauty now is that these two points do not matter anymore as they are bargains to be had with COMPLETED properties.This is why the off-plan market is dead and those properties are worthless.
You give no answer as to where Dubai will be in 10 years which weakens your argument.You also base your whole argument on Dubai around property investment.Dubai is more than that.Look at it from a point of view of the lifestyle it may give,already gives to the residents.I read another forum where many ex-pats say they simply do not want to return to their home countries.Why do you think that is.
Dubai is not the greatest city on earth.Its doubtful it will ever be so.I believe it will
flourish as a city to do business in and to live and one which will offer very good options for tourists and residents.Is this so impossible to achieve?whats the big deal?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

stumbled

S

stumbled

I am going agaisnt investing in dubai and its only investable investment ...''properties''. The questions I ask are infact the answers , you on the other hand like your mispelt dubai(dobuy) should be countering my 20 answers which come to you as questions. I mean we all have realised you are thick...but dude how many short planks are you??

You talk about UK investors and US investors...you haven't even seen UK and don't even know its property scenario. I mean watching news channels from your ''chai shop'' doesn't make you an expert.

W

Wannaberich

I am going agaisnt investing in dubai and its only investable investment ...''properties''. The questions I ask are infact the answers , you on the other hand like your mispelt dubai(dobuy) should be countering my 20 answers which come to you as questions. I mean we all have realised you are thick...but dude how many short planks are you??

You talk about UK investors and US investors...you haven't even seen UK and don't even know its property scenario. I mean watching news channels from your ''chai shop'' doesn't make you an expert.
Mumbles you obviously arent english hence your english sucks.You talk in riddles.
Like I said,stop asking questions,thats easy,put together some valid points like I did in my last post.
Also,look at the good and bad,again like I did in my last post.
Your ranting is quite annoying.
I dont know the UK property 'scenario'?guess what I live in the UK.How many times do I need to tell you.
Please try yout best to come back and put together an intelligent argument.Dont make sweeping negative statements without any logical reasons behind them.
Try to restore some credibility.
Oh and try to improve on your english if possible.

S

stumbled

Mumbles you obviously arent english hence your english sucks.You talk in riddles.
Like I said,stop asking questions,thats easy,put together some valid points like I did in my last post.
I dont know the UK property 'scenario'?guess what I live in the UK.How many times do I need to tell you.
Please try yout best to come back and put together an intelligent argument.Dont make sweeping negative statements without any logical reasons behind them.
Lol...my english is fine , it's only cause you can't read. I talk in riddles now ?you are so thick to understand the basic questions and answers i post. I don't need to restore any creditability, I am not here to prove any thing, just plain simple FACTS. you are the one trying the mumbled,stumbled....rhyming words, the wanna be poet AND THE PUNCHING BAG of this forum.

You don't live in the UK. Being locked up in an asylum centre with a computer doesn't make you a resident here.

There is nothing positive about dubai, besides its human rights violation, no democratic laws, hot as hell, buildings crumbling, no jobs,visa restrictions,more expensive than London now probably....are these points enough??ok let me see you give me 1 positive about dubai?? just 1. Make sure its a good one.

S

stumbled

Btw..YOU DONT HAVE TO BE ENGLISH TO SPEAK ENGLISH.

i maybe scottish:D

W

Wannaberich

Lol...my english is fine , it's only cause you can't read. I talk in riddles now ?you are so thick to understand the basic questions and answers i post. I don't need to restore any creditability, I am not here to prove any thing, just plain simple FACTS. you are the one trying the mumbled,stumbled....rhyming words, the wanna be poet AND THE PUNCHING BAG of this forum.

You don't live in the UK. Being locked up in an asylum centre with a computer doesn't make you a resident here.

There is nothing positive about dubai, besides its human rights violation, no democratic laws, hot as hell, buildings crumbling, no jobs,visa restrictions,more expensive than London now probably....are these points enough??ok let me see you give me 1 positive about dubai?? just 1. Make sure its a good one.
Without doubt you are the biggest idiot I have ever come across on any forum and you've just proved it once more.

S

stumbled

Without doubt you are the biggest idiot I have ever come across on any forum and you've just proved it once more.
As far as I have seen and read, you are the only one people have been calling a plonker and a person with phsycological problems, how you came to the conclusion i was an idiot beats me. Yes i agree i have annoyed you cause you can't counter my insults and points on ''HOW DUBAI IS FINSHED''.
You have too many frustrations,I can ALSO understand that, the fact of the matter is you failed with you investment strategy in Dubai and you think everyone out here is stupid like you to carry on investing in a place which is finished.
Further, i also understand this forum is your life and you will carry on protecting it.
So, you can wait for the next post and waste your life out here panic stricken what the next person is going to say, AFTER ALL YOU HAVE FAILED WITH EVERYTHING IN LIFE, you could win out here. goodluck:p

W

Wannaberich

As far as I have seen and read, you are the only one people have been calling a plonker and a person with phsycological problems, how you came to the conclusion i was an idiot beats me. Yes i agree i have annoyed you cause you can't counter my insults and points on ''HOW DUBAI IS FINSHED''.
You have too many frustrations,I can ALSO understand that, the fact of the matter is you failed with you investment strategy in Dubai and you think everyone out here is stupid like you to carry on investing in a place which is finished.
Further, i also understand this forum is your life and you will carry on protecting it.
So, you can wait for the next post and waste your life out here panic stricken what the next person is going to say, AFTER ALL YOU HAVE FAILED WITH EVERYTHING IN LIFE, you could win out here. goodluck:p
Its pointless arguing against you Mumbled,you're way too smart for me.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.